Daily menus

oh i love the leg and thigh. Gonna have sunday as my cooking day. Muffins/quiches/chicken and some tikka/tandoori and im going to make that mince flan thats on the recipe thread I think.

I like you Longratia... I now just buy a pack of chicken legs and thigh, rather than the breasts which I find dry and boring... (and I wonder whether they might even be making Cher get so full so quickly? I can't get through a whole breast easily on PP either as they're SO dry on their own! If I have a breast, it'll be on PV to help it down!

I too cook a lot on Sundays... boil six eggs or make individual quiches, and organise my menus for the following week before going shopping... I also buy fresh prawns, peel them, and freeze them(!) in small packages so that I can just grab some on the hop as an extra ingredient... same with liver... sardines... even salmon, I'll usually have some "cooked" salmon frozen for the odd occasion when I'm busy in the evening and need to take my lunch with me at 7am!

Last edited:
See edited comment! ooh and I amended my signature to go back to kilos cos it's easier for me (and it shows when I lose an incredible 100g like yesterday!!)

See i told you im fussy! I can only eat breast unless its hot then i pick at a leg but hardly eat any coz of the fat. Lol. I'll end up leaving more that i eat. Dont eat fish or sea food except for tinned tuna and the very odd bit of cod in a sauce. If you cook the breast for too long then yes it is dry but i tend not to and pour over a tiny amount of stock/water in the last 10 mins. Nice moist meat

Joanne, how do you cook your liver? I love it

I've curried it... or, more recently, used 1/4 of a fat free stock cube (can you get them?) and a little water, and tossed it around (for a PP day), and/or with caramelised onions for a PV day... (using a spray and a bit of sweetener...).

I've read of some people using Diet Coke to caramelise their food... anyone game to try it? I did once, but wasn't patient enough to wait for it to evaporate totally (and/or put too much in), and got a soggy mess!

Mmm liver and onions. Gonna have that :)
I think there is a recipe for that on internet with cola (Nigellas) but its gammon.

I do curry my chicken just had it plain last night as like roasted chicken, it was missing a salad though. Lol

I've made Dukan hollandaise before...

egg yolk, lemon, mustard and some skimmed milk... nice with salmon!

mmm yum. i do like the sauces in the book (apart from the peppered steak one went curdled yak :()

I dont know if im right but dont you have to keep stiring on a low heat to prevent that happening?

I'm not a great Dukan sauce maker... the fromage frais doesn't like being heated, that's for sure, so if ever I add some, it's just a quick in, stir, and out!

By the way, my tuna + red pepper + caramelised onion mixture (which didn't stay bound together despite the fromage frais) was DELICIOUS!

Liver - yuk! Another food of Satan LOL. :sigh: Joanne do you have the recipe for that tuna and pepper thing you were talking about hun? Thanks

I have to agree. BUT on the up side Joanne chicken liver has quite a bit of VitB in it

My menu today - PP

Breakfast - boiled egg, slice of roast beef (butcher)

Lunch - a little leftover grilled veal; a little tuna with fat free fromage frais and herbs; chicken leg

Snack - chicken leg, fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt

Dinner - muffins (easier to eat in a car!)
baked egg custard (dessert eaten later on arrival)

I've worked out my menus for the weekend too...

The "failed" tuna burgers were simply made with a tin of tuna (drained and dabbed at with kitchen roll cos a bit "wet"! ugh!), an onion I'd caramelised with fry lite and a bit of sweetener, and I chopped some red pepper in, and tried to shape into burgers and fry! I ended up with quite a nice mix mind you - PV only!

SATURDAY - PV

Breakfast - muffins with smoked fish in

Lunch - mixed salad with prawns and some chicken

Snack - homemade chicken + veg soup

Dinner - chicken heart dry fried with caramelised onions, served on bed of mixed salad
baked egg custard later

SUNDAY

Breakfast - 1 of my 3 muffins with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and fish eggs (Sunday treat!)

Lunch - mixed salad with prawns and some chicken

Snack - remaining two muffins

Dinner - beef casserole with veggies
fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt

morning :)
B - smoked salmon omelette
L - galette with chicken and mustard mayo dukan style
D - sardines i didnt have last night

when do you start Cruise Longratia?

Back