Daily menus

If only mouse, if only...

Robin - interesting there that your PV is less calorific than one of my PPs... basically, you're at a very low level there...

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: Rest of roasted red pepper beef & peppered smoked mackerel
D: Fillet steak & salmon fillet
S: Rest of galette

Yes Jo, I was shocked it was so low BUT I'm having low-carb veg (thanks again for info, Manda) and white protein only (am somewhat sickened of red meat) and not much variety (but better than a strict no-veg day and more doable than my white PP day - I did enjoy eating today!) as I'd like a loss tomorrow. Once I no longer want even a small loss (ie hopefully by next week), I can do normal PV days (with any veg). Am going to try toffee muffins next week instead of porridge on PV days too to limit carbs there too.

More ramblings - sorry!

Good to ramble - was surprising to see that low cal intake, particularly since we're unsure whether to count oatbran or not given its fast transit passage!

Today a mixed PV/PP day... gives me 3.5 days on each and suits with dinner being consumed in a car in the dark! (Don't mind eating salad in daylight in the car, just not when I can't see it!)

The day starts with a DE-stress - 5km walk

B: turkey cubes (marinated in garlic and ginger and dry fried - yum!)

L: piece cheeseburger pie (base bolognese Dukan style, topping fromage blanc + 1 egg for 4 portions whisked together, topped with alittle 3% fat grated cheese)
A fat free yoghurt

D: Dukan muffins with smoked salmon in mixture
boiled egg
(on arrival): coffee flavoured baked egg custard

S: 1/3 sachet sugar free jelly

B dukan toast and poached egg
L dukan sandwich probably salmon or chicken salad
d red pepper stuffed with qourn chilli and brussel sprouts

I see veggies in Scrumper's menu
<swoon>

Love 'em myself... but I must admit that Monday evening's sprouts + cauli AND cabbage is still repeating on me!

Attack day 2

B - 0% natural youghurt with sweetener
L - egg stuffed chicken meatloaf
D - turkey steaks with thqat Moroccan rub stuff that I'm not sure how to spell:D
s - sf jelly * 2
s - leftover smoked mackerel pate with oabran fingers

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: 2 egg omelette with smoked mackerel
D: Fillet steak & salmon fillet
S: Sweetened yoghurt, rest of galette

Reattack Day 3

B Scrambled egg with diced chicken
L Smoked haddock
D turkey

S chicken meatloaf
S Natural yoghurt, sf jelly

B: Pretty much missed this
L: Half cinnamon galette
D: Ginger chilli & lime chicken (1 breast) with green beans and broccoli
S: 2 Toffee muffins

B: 2 toffee muffins
L: 1 dry fried chicken breast, 2 slices smoked salmon
D: approx 300g vietamese shaking beef
S: 2 toffee muffins

Ooops, wrong thread, sorry, edited!*
Still, wanted to say huge thanks to all who write in this thread - lots of ideas and good to see how everyone is combining stuff on a daily basis.
I have restarted Dukan (should be re... re... re...), and currently on cruise, on 1/1 - if weightloss stalls might be temppted to switch to he 5/5 pattern, which worked in the past best of all.
Have problems with constipation (pretty untypical for me, can only attribute it to stress) so taking a lot of fiber with the food (the allowed bran, psyllium husk, konjak noodles) and drinking like a fish.
PP today:
B psyllium husk cocktail with 0.5 l water; yoghurt, goji berries, bran; coffee
L fish soup (basically fish and spices boiled and blended)
S curry basa with prawns, shredded crab sticks and pickled egg whites
S2 fish soup again
D soup again; mulled wine konjak mousse (fake mulled - just boiled the konjak noodles together with the mulled wine spices and chopped ginger in green tea, lemon, cammomile and vanilla tea; blended; added gelatine; then mixed with some whipped egg whites; yummy with eyes closed).

P.S. Water abt. 2.5 - 3 l
P.P.S. Quantity is OK - fish was made with c. 500 gr cod and white fish fillets; the curry basa was c. 250 basa, a (big) handful of prawns, 1 or 2 crab sticks, 2 eggwhites (pickled).
P.P.P.S. Exercise - daily swim (laps 1 hour); treadmill 45 mins/4 mph

Last edited:
Hello fractal (and didn't Southampton do well on Saturday - I'm local! Or was!).

Now your menu is very interesting -
What is "basa?"
Have you tried rhubarb for the constipation? Cold water first thing? Konjak noodles - where did you find them? I tried, in a Japanese supermarket, but no luck... I read that they're bland but "interesting" for us as they pick up flavours of whatever we're cooking (like tofu, I guess...?).

My menu today on PV

4.5 km walk - 50 mins
B: Three Dukan muffins with cube of smoked fish inside each and 1/3 crabstick on each.

L: small chunk of each of beef + chicken meatloafs with lettuce, cucumber, onions and tomato; chicken leg
fat free yoghurt

S: 1/3 sachet made up of sugar free jelly

D: cod with sprouts and home grown green beans and carrots
coffee flavoured baked egg custard

Very interesting menu, fractal! Sounds like you're pretty inventive with food. I look forward to reading more!
Hahaha, thanks! Wait till I post my Dukan recipe blog, that I have taken offline for tweaks - you will think I am barking mad! The menu might seem a bit different because 1) I am Bulgarian so the way I cook (spices etc) tends to be a bit different; 2) It's been over 2 years now, and even while I was maintaining (sort of), I tried to stick to Dukan principles, and in an attempt to avoid boredom, started playing hard with spices, all sorts of ethnic foods that are compatible with the plan; 3) curiosity - in the UK there is so much choice that it is hard to resist experimenting. Plus the accidents - like the husk cocktail; I was sleepy one morning, and instead of putting the husk in a glass of water, poured the water into the jar full of husk. Would have been a pity to waste all that, so I put some more water, added stevia and coconut flavouring, poured into silicone moulds and froze it. And voila!
PV today:
B mulled wine konjak mousse; egg whites omelette with bran and soft cheese (home made with skim milk); lax tea (green tea, lotus leaves, apricot blossom, hawthorne, wild strawberries - and a prayer that it would work!); coffee
L - more fish soup like yesterday with kombo sea weed, onion and several failed Dukanian sushis blended in; for the main course - cauli and broccoli mousse (steamed, seasoned, jellied, mixed with egg whites; nice bulk), jellied tzatziki (quark, pickled gherkins - Tésco has them with sweetener) and quorn steak strips
S fish soup as above with a celery stalk to nibble on, mulled wine konjak mousse
S2 if there is still any soup left, same as above; if not - tzatziki left-overs, quorn strips
D if there is nothing left - left-over dukan sushi (no rice, otherwise like sushi), roasted red pepper omelette (1 egg, 2 egg whites, quark)
Drinks - 3 coffees already; lax green tea; 3 ginger (Pukka tea); water
Exercise - daily swim and treadmill (if...)

Jo - basa is Pangasius (Panga?), or river cobbler. As to rhubarb - I love it, just haven't any stocked in at the moment; not sure it helped before but tastes gorgeous!
P.S. Re konjak/shirataki/miracle noodles aka konnyaku: I order them online here:
Shirataki Yam Noodles, Buy Konnyaku Noodles Online UK - Japanese Food Shop UK - Japanese Kitchen

Yuk, the prices are up... They do deliver to France but by the time they get there, they will be worth their weight in gold. :(

Last edited:
Hahaha, thanks! Wait till I post my Dukan recipe blog, that I have taken offline for tweaks - you will think I am barking mad! The menu might seem a bit different because 1) I am Bulgarian so the way I cook (spices etc) tend to be a bit different; 2) It's been over 2 years now, and even while I was maintaining (sort of), I tried to stick to Dukan principles, and in an attempt to avoid boredom, started playing hard with spices, all sorts of ethnic foods that are compatible with the plan; 3) curiosity - in the UK there is so much choice that it is hard to resist experimenting. Plus the accidents - like the husk cocktail; I was sleepy one morning, and instead of putting the husk in a glass of water, poured the water into the jar full of husk. Would have been a pity to waste all that, so I put some more water, added stevia and coconut flavouring, poured into silicone moulds and froze it. And voila!
PV today:
B mulled wine konjak mousse; egg whites omelette with bran and soft cheese (home made with skim milk); lax tea (green tea, lotus leaves, apricot blossom, hawthorne, wild strawberries - and a prayer that it would work!); coffee
L - more fish soup like yesterday with kombo sea weed, onion and several failed Dukanian sushis blended in; for the main course - cauli and broccoli mousse (steamed, seasoned, jellied, mixed with egg whites; nice bulk), jellied tzatziki (quark, pickled gherkins - Tésco has them with sweetener) and quorn steak strips
S fish soup as above with a celery stalk to nibble on, mulled wine konjak mousse
S2 if there is still any soup left, same as above; if not - tzatziki left-overs, quorn strips
D if there is nothing left - left-over dukan sushi (no rice, otherwise like sushi), roasted red pepper omelette (1 egg, 2 egg whites, quark)
Drinks - 3 coffees already; lax green tea; 3 ginger (Pukka tea); water
Exercise - daily swim and treadmill (if...)

Jo - basa is Pangasius (Panga?), or river cobbler. As to rhubarb - I love it, just haven't any stocked in at the moment; not sure it helped before but tastes gorgeous!

Wow! I definitely think you should post some recipes for us in the Recipe section. It's always good to have variety to stop us getting bored, so we love reading about new ones. I'd particularly enjoy any Bulgarian-inspired recipes if possible as I'm not really familiar with that national cuisine at all. :D

B dukan toast and poached egg
L chicken and cottage cheese
D chicken in a creamy sauce of some sort
sf jelly yogurts
still craving sweet stuff but not as bad

Back