Daily menus

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: Bowl of leftover vietnamese shaking beef
D: Bowl of roasted red pepper beef
S: Toffee muffins are currently in the oven but don't know if they'll cool sufficiently for a snack tonight, so probably another half galette

I love my Sunday muffins - the only hot ones of the week!

PP for me today
4.8km walk (minus 5°C currently!)
B: Dukan muffins with smoked salmon cube in and 1/3 crabstick on each
L: I've 70g salmon, 4 decent sized prawns, and a garlic + herb fat free cheese cube (only in France!), and a chicken leg to gnaw on
fat free yoghurt
S: sugar free jelly
D: 2 x 100g 5% fat burgers "dry fried" with egg on top
baked egg custard (750ml milk, 4 eggs for six days)

B 2 poached eggs on dukan toast
L yogurt, chicken
s 2 dukan toffee muffins (extra oatbran )
D slow roast beef

First day of stab!

PV cruise but with cheese (no bread though)

B - porridge (2 tbs OB, 1 tbs WB, I tbs porridge oats, 200 ml skimmed milk and some water) - very filling, will stick to normal conso rations and use the extra in muffins from now on!
L - brocoli and chicken soup, yogurt
S - fromage blanc, carrot and crab sticks
D - green salad, scrambled egg with cheese, yogurt

B: 2 toffee muffins
L: Small bowl of leftover vietnamese shaking beef, 2 slices smoked salmon
D: Half mince frittata
S: vanilla muller light, 2 toffee muffins

PL for me today
4.5km walk (getting warmer - it's 0°C currently!)
L: small piece of each of beef and chicken meatloaves, spoonful cottage cheese + lettuce, cucumber, three cherry tomatoes and tiny onions [and a chicken leg to gnaw on if "hungry" [bored?] as yesterday afternoon]
fat free yoghurt
D: smoked salmon + prawns with salad (as above)

PP day for me (now on cruise though)

B 3 egg herby omlette
L several slices of turkey meatloaf
D Ras El Hanout chicken

S More cubes of meat loaf
500g natural yoghurt
ginger muffins

(I have really missed my oatbran - it juSt feels kind of naughty at the end of thE day to be eating something resembling a cake!)

I love the feeling that you can have something cakey or bready in the evening though, and that's it's not only not bad for you, but actually good for you to boot is incredible. How on earth did we survive before oatbran?

Still on attack phase so PP

B- Okan vanilla yogurt with 1and 1/2 tbsp of oatbran
L- Tuna & prawns with lemon & black pepper
S- Crab sticks and yogurt
D- Steak (fillet) with 2 poached eggs

I love the feeling that you can have something cakey or bready in the evening though, and that's it's not only not bad for you, but actually good for you to boot is incredible. How on earth did we survive before oatbran?

Exactly - the muffins are just so cakey!! - which reminds me I need ot pop over the road and get some more eggs so I can make today's. Not managed to eat any cold yet!!

Yesterday's PP day turned into PV when I accidentally dropped a handful of sushis into the fish er soupy curry.
Yesterday B - yoghurt, goji, mulled wine jelly
L fish curry; kim chi (pickled) cabbage - and instead of eating just the lunch portion, I ate it all, even though it had been intended for 3 meals!
S - realised I had forgotten to take the oat bran during breakfast so made macaroons (oat bran crumble + egg whites, sweetener, coconut flavouring, xanthan for cohesion); ate them all too
3 l water (including coffees, teas etc); no exercise - was tired after so much eating.
Bizarre day...
Today - suppose I should be doing PP:
B - same (yog, jelly, goji berries - no bran yet, will make Jo's muffins later)
L - fish curry (again)
rest not planned yet.

Funky... what's the composition of your yoghurt please?

Fractal... another interesting (incomprehensible?!!) menu! What imagination you have! Fabulous!

Oh and please comment on other people's menus - myself included - to see where we might be slipping up!

Exactly - the muffins are just so cakey!! - which reminds me I need ot pop over the road and get some more eggs so I can make today's. Not managed to eat any cold yet!!

I really don't think I'd survive TOTM without them!

fractal - Mmmmm...those macarons sound good!

PP for me today
just 10 mins walk cos its pouring!

L: I've 70g salmon, 4 decent sized prawns, and a garlic + herb fat free cheese cube (only in France!), and a chicken leg to gnaw on
fat free yoghurt
D: 180g lean faux fillet steak

PV low-carb veg day (replaces PP Thursday)

B - porridge (3 tbs OB, 1 tbs WB, 100ml each milk and water)
L - 2 egg 'green' omelette (with spinach mixed in), fromage blanc
D - fish and prawns in white sauce, brocoli, custard

Jo, that is a very kind thing to say but I think you are the best person to give advice here. Your menus do stand out and struck me from the very beginning (I waded through the whole thread, as well as your diary) as a trained-person menus - you DO EAT seriously and varied balanced stuff, which is crucial for this plan. As to my huh imaginative menus, flattered but it is more a case of making a virtue out of necessity simply because I was making use of bits and pieces before the monthly shopping.

DD, thanks but, hate to admit, the macaroons are still a disaster; working on the recipe...

What a weird day yesterday! Something finally worked and put me out of my misery (constipation), maybe too much so, and I ended up severely dehydrated despite the 3+ l of fluids! One can never never be too careful with this stuff duh... In the late afternoon I felt dizzy, sluggish and felt like I desperately need a drink, a real strong one, like vodka or gin. When I did realise what was going on, started pumping myself with water and herbal teas; helped, but still feel a bit odd today.

We are indeed on a lo-cal plan; here is a list of what I had yesterday:
skim milk - c. 1 cup (used in the coffees)
yoghurt plain made with skim milk - 1/2 cup
chicken leg whole (thigh and drumstick) - 1
turkey, diced, spiced - 50 gr
cod - 100 gr
beef diced, spiced - 50 gr
beef mince, spiced (home made meat balls, baked) - 150 gr
Water - 4 l minimum
Salmon - 50 gr
the oat bran of course

And THIS ALL came up to only 1080 kcal!
Protein 42% Fat 49% Carbs 8% (acc. to the software)
Fat is a bit high;usually it is a way lower %
Another pound down today.
Now, just in case you are wondering why I had 50 gr here and 50 gr there, it is because the monthly shopping arrived and I spent the afternoon cooking, mostly; now it is all boxed and frozen so I am sorted for the next week or 2 with cooked food ready to be mixed whichever way I fancy.
Will focus today on drinking.

P.S. the mulled wine jelly - practically 0 calories as it is just camommile and vanilla tea, ginger, mixed spices, stevia, gelatine; just use it to flavour the yoghurt/husk coctail in the morning

Last edited:
I'm at 1,350 calories today, and 35g protein (www.myfitnesspal.com), that's including the oatbran + wheatbran which I presume one counts even though it's theoretically not in us too long.

Thank you fractal for your kind words. I am very repetitive though but I am when "eating" too, so I know I could quite happily eat the same thing over and again unlike most!

Repetitive is OK, I am similar, I think - if I don't make it a point, could go (and did go occasionally) on for days on just chicken, or just fish, or whatever pops out of the fridge first, and it is not a good thing. Till I get back on track, probably a couple of weeks or so, I need to plan carefully.

Don't know if I am a feeder, but I love cooking, not eating, and trying out new stuff/recipes. It is quite a challenge, too, getting Dukan food nice, isn't it?

Missed this yesterday, so yesterday:
B: 2 toffee muffins
L: half mince frittata and couple spoonfuls leftover roasted red pepper beef
D: ginger chilli & lime chicken with green beans & broccoli
S: 2 toffee muffins

and today:
B: 1 toffee muffin
L: Half turkey & herb frittata, vanilla muller light
D: Turkey stir fry
S: 1 toffee muffin, half cinnamon galette, small bowl sweetened greek yoghurt

My Friday PV / PP day
4.5km walk to start my day... (not very keen cos got a sore throat but needs must!)
B: turkey cubes (marinated in garlic and fromage blanc and dry "fried"), soft boiled egg
L: small portion Dukan adapted cheeseburger pie with some lettuce and cucumber; chicken leg
fat free yoghurt

D in car: 3 crabsticks, muffins
on arrival: egg custard

Back