Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Ooh yummy could you point me to the recipe please? Love pizzas

A packet of instant mash potato mix according to instructions but don't use has much water as suggested but just enough so it binds it a bit and makes it doughy then shape into a pizza tray sprayed with fry light cook until slightly crisp then turn and cook the same on the other side.
Smear with tomato purée (syn free) and cheese (hexA) and whatever topping you like :) it's gorgeous Michelle :) xxx

Lazy Sunday. All the family round for a roast, my sons gf is feeling horrible because of morning sickness bless her. She's only tiny too and is craving spring rolls and cucumber. why can't I crave cucumber? Lol.

Breakfast was coffee (hexA) with a muller toffee yoghurt mixed into some SW rice pudding.

Lunch was Quorn roast with sprouts, carrots, broccoli and green beans with dry roasted roast potatoes and gravy (2 syns) mixed with mint sauce.

Tea was 4 sesame ryvitas (hexB) with 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA) with some pickled gherkins, sauerkraut, onions and cucumber. A Turkish delight muller light with some pudding rice.

I just hope my going over by 25 syns is not going to affect the scales too badly, fingers crossed etc. I was going to try some damage limitation by going for a very long walk tomorrow but its snowing on and off here and absolutely freezing. Snow I can do, ice is a big no no!.

Anyway last day tomorrow before WI on Tuesday going to try and eat light, little and often and hope it helps :)

Hope you've all had a lovely restful Sunday. See you tomorrow :) xxx

Weigh in day tomorrow!!! So this is my last day for damage limitation. Breakfast was a few coffees (hexA) which seems to be the norm for me nowadays. Lunch was 4 sesame ryvitas (hexB) with 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA) and a small handful of grapes.

Tea is Quorn spaghetti bolognese. Gonna try and get through the evening the best I can without syns and fingers crossed the scales don't show a gain.

Hope you're all having a lovely Monday :) xxx

Very pleased with this weeks WI one pound off is more than I deserve and considering these damn tablets turn me into a psycho sugar and carb-monster even staying the same would of been acceptable in hindsight.

Doctors this afternoon to hopefully start to wean me off one of my medications and replaced it with another, because to put it bluntly it was becoming more than a pain in the arse and the side effects where beginning to outweigh the condition it was treating. So hopefully fingers crossed I may get medication that allows me to have a normal appetite again instead of wanting to eat everything that stands still long enough within an hour of taking the bloody thing.

Breakfast was my normal coffee or 3 (hexA)

lunch has ended up being just a muller light yogurt and an apple - didn't fancy much else, probably because I've got the doctors later I get myself into such a tizz about going its pathetic really.

Tea hopefully is going to be a wonderful Quorn tandoori with a lovely tikka sauce and some vegetable rice. I've got the Quorn pieces marinating in tandoori spices, garlic and fat free natural yoghurt and going to make the tikka sauce by frying onions and peas adding the tikka spices with some stock, reducing and then adding some of the remaining yogurt from the tandoori to make it creamy, while the marinated quorn pieces are cooking in the oven. All sounds very good and everything but never made it before so just using common sense of when I marinated in the past with other spices and I've based the tikka sauce on the basic curry sauce I usually make. Will report back later and let you know how it was and will post pics if I remember :).

Happy Tuesday everyone, catch you later xxx

Tandoori Quorn and sweet potato tikka with vegetable rice and it was really scrummy but might use fat-free fromage frais for the marinade next time because fat free yogurt leaves a lot of water behind :)
image.jpg

Well done on your loss. Your dinner looks lovely.

Sitting here at just past one in the morning and I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself.

Had my medication review today. My doctor phoned me saying she wanted to discuss my medication over the phone before the initial appointment. What she really meant to say was I'm not listening to your needs and I'm opting for the easier option for me. I've ended up back on the same medication that is causing me huge problems with side effects and mood swings but on a higher dose. I'm so *issed off with her.

I had an appointment booked, worked myself up to tell her straight how after 6 weeks it wasn't working for me and how I wanted to change it, all to get a 'phone consultation' where she tells me to go onto a higher dose regardless of the debilitating side effects, because stabilising my anxiety and low mood is more important, which I understand in principal, but not at the cost of such severe side effects, that at the moment are actually causing me more problems than the actual condition.

So Ive done what I normally do got the evening meal out of the way and shut myself off and gorged and binged and pigged myself on a ridiculous amount of chocolate so not only am I *issed off with the doctor I'm *issed off with myself for not being firmer and standing my ground and telling her in no uncertain terms I want my medication changed, and I'm also *issed off that I've let it get to me so much and dealt with it in such a pathetic binge like way :(

The reason I'm still awake is because I've haven't taken said dose of medication and to be honest the side effects are still so dire and hard to bear after 7 weeks I doubt I will be taking those tablets again. The withdrawal I can cope with because it only lasts around 3-4 days, and possibly a week of rebound insomnia but these side effects (insatiable hunger for sugar every night being one of them) is not what I signed up for when I wanted my condition managed better.

Had my second WI today and scraped through with a pound loss after binging on chocolate on Saturday night, 60 syns worth gone in under 30 minutes, and I could've of carried on no problem.

I didn't even bother trying to reckon up the syns of what went into my gob tonight, small box of maltesers, the other layer of Terry's All Gold, 2 Reeses Nutrageous Bars, 15 quality street etc, pretty disgusting me thinks.

But I'm not going to disappear off here because I've binged or eaten too much and thrown the towel in, I'm facing my demons this way, I've done what I have and now I have to deal with the consequences. I aim to go straight back on plan tomorrow and try to be sensible with my syns and accept that, this is part of my journey and if I want to lose this weight once and for all then everytime I fall off I have to get back on straight away, not go running to the nearest McDonalds moaning that diets never work for me. I don't know if anyone else would just jack it all in after 2 major chocolate binges in as many days, but if I come off plan completely now where does that leave me, a life of yoyo-ing, one minute being on a diet, next minute 'having a break from it?'.

Sorry for my rant, but I needed to do this so I can read it back and face up to. I can't allow myself to be part of the "I ate this because I had a bad day" brigade anymore. I'm being realistic and fair I don't expect miracles with my weight loss and I don't think Im being hard on myself but if I don't address this emotionally eating I'm just going to end up being my own worst enemy and slowly but surely getting heavier and heavier and running out of options.

Im just thinking out loud and exorcising a few demons. Normal service will resume tomorrow, I promise :) xx

Thanks people xx

that is so disappointing from your gp. All I can suggest is to go & book an appointment with someone else for a 2nd opinion. Has she even referred you for practical help with your condition?

I was at the point where I was scared I'd have to take sick leave, was getting agoraphobic & had an obsession I was going to get panic attacks (which i did but mainly in the night) that stopped me doing nearly everything - & counselling & meditation actually worked although know it doesnt for all - my sis been on meds for 20 years.

As for the choc ah well that's done. Why make yourself feel worse about it? Put it behind you , move on & have a great week from now- make it motivate rather than dishearten you. Takes a while to break our habits & I'd say nearly everyone is on here because they 'treat' or placate themselves with food/booze. I'm sure many others did what you did yesterday. It's why we're here & why we have to stay here!!

You can & will lose your weight. Keep positive x

I was discharged from my psychiatrist beginning of December. It just seems like my GP is determined that I'm going to stick with this medication. If it ain't working after nearly 6 weeks it ain't going to work at all and as for the side-effects!.

I'm on the waiting list for cognitive therapy (if only I could counsel myself lol) and bereavement counselling for ptsd starts next Friday so I think I'm going to see how it goes just taking the one medication and disregarding the rest for now.

I'm putting my chocolate scoff behind me, hopefully this kind of strange binge behaviour will stop once this medication is completely put of my system. I'm starting again today on my 15 syns a day and try and pretend it didn't happen and hope the scales have the same amnesia next Tuesday.

Thanks for your support Michelle I'm really grateful :) xxxxx

Managed to peel myself out of the bed at 11am after going back for a 'doze' after kicking the kids out the door for school.

I've just spent an hour battling online with Ticket Master trying to get 2 tickets to Meatloaf's farewell Tour for my husbands 50th, how that computer and printer didn't end up being thrown out the window rockstar styleeee I don't know. Anyway got there in the end and hubbs is going to be made up and he has no idea - I love giving people surprises :)

I'm having a neutral day because I'm out for an early pub tea then cinema with my GBF. So I was just gonna have something like an omelette maybe with some peppers and onions thrown in so at least when it comes to the pub menu I can decide whether its going to be a original/green or (dare I say it) EE day!!!.

We are going to watch the new Texas ChainSaw Massacre movie. No doubt I will be in hysterics laughing while my friend is hiding behind his coat. I just CANNOT take horror blood and gore type movies seriously at all - now give me a good psychological skin tingler and I'll be sleeping with the lights on for a week.

My eldest son just texted to say he was on his way down with 'treats' for me, I texted back I hope they are low syn or the syn free type of treats, I just got the yeh yeh response. Oh! Bugger looks like I'm either going to have to adopt an iron will and refuse to have them hoping that I don't offend him or adopt some restraint and no when to stop eating whatever he's bought me, which I can guarantee will be something in chocolate or sugar form in a box etc you get the picture!

Shall report in later with film review and everything else have a brilliant Wednesday everyone :) xx

That sucks about the medication and that they didn't listen to you.
Well done for moving on from it and hey its a new week.

Texas chainsaw massacre in 3D... What's a load of far-fetched twaddle....If this is not an indication that the world film sector (i.e AMERICA!!) is totally running dry for ideas and is leading a generation of lazy bummed writers with no imaginations then I don't know what is! :rant2:

ANYWAY!!!!! :innocent0002: .......

had 4 ryvitas (hexB) and 4 laughing cow cheeses (hexA) around 3pm.

Met my friend for tea who was giddy with excitement because he had just passed his theory test which he had kept quiet!...so off to the pub we marched where I promptly bought him a celebrationary double vodka and coke, I had a basic white coffee. The meal was nice and we was well ready for it considering we had waited nearly 45 minutes for it. I had gammon and pineapple with peas and a baked potato, not sure whether to note it as a green day and use the gammon as a hexB or as an EE either way I avoided the butter for the potato and any sauces and any alcohol.

So after we trotted off to the cinema. My friend bought a huge bag of chocolate pretzels and a red wine. I got a bucket of diet Pepsi and because I thought it was the best option I avoided buying a full bag of sweets or chocolates because they are definitely share bags and while sitting there watching a movie I definitely wouldn't share!. So in my wisdom (or lack of) I bought 10 large jelly sweet things from the pick and mix thinking I was using some control. Anyway fast forward to now and hunting through the Internet for syns/calorie values I really wished I hadn't, I'm 30 syns down because of giant jellies!....there's no way I'm gonna pull this back now for Tuesday :badmood:there's nothing out of the ordinary planned between now and my WI so I'm just going to have to try and dig my heels in and carry on regardless, but the temptation to wave the white flag and have a big blow out is so strong I will surprise myself if I get to Tuesday without throwing the towel in (or eating it) and admitting defeat.

Anyway shall try and get by on 5 syns a day until Tuesday and see if my brain behaves itself :hitthefan:

Hope you've all had a lovely Wednesday. Catch you tomorrow :) xxx

It's Thursday and I feel all happy keen and motivated!!...don't know why or where it came from but long may it last :rainbow:

breakfast was a few coffees....

Lunch was a pepper and cheese omelette (hexA) and 2 slice of toast (hexB) and a orange and chocolate muller. I think the love affair with eggs is coming to an end, typical considering I bought 24 of the beggars and me and the hubbs are really the only ones who eat them. I think I've eaten eggs in every way possible over the last 3 weeks.

Tea is going to be homemade sweet and sour sauce with chopped Quorn fillets and onion couscous, but there's time for me to change my mind yet lol. The kids are having pasta in sauce with baked potatoes and veg. Pasta in sauce, another love affair that ended, only because I basically lived off the stuff during one of my half hearted lazy attempts at SW and they were on offer at Asda at the time, now I can't stand any of them infact just the smell of them cooking turns my stomach, that's how much I ate of the things lol.

It's forecast heavy snow flurries here to tonight, tomorrow and Saturday. Kids are hoping that it will be bad enough that the school will shut and they can stay off and go out and play in it. It seems funny calling them kids when one of them is over 6ft already and will be starting college next year and the other one looks more like 18 than 14 :eek: I feel very old right now lol!.

Glad your having a good day. We're meant to be getting snow here tonight. Ive got veggie chili tonight I have to secretly add the quorn mince because the oh says it doesn't fill him. It's all in his head because when he doesn't know he doesn't say anything. Sneeky eh?!

The things they got in their heads lol. My daughter is vegetarian, the only one in the house but she will not eat Quorn mince no matter how I cook it and will only eat Quorn burgers and sausages under very heavy duress and that's all because I told her once it was made from a form of mushroom protein or fungi or something like that and because mushrooms make her physically gag she won't touch the Quorn lol but my son who also hates mushrooms eats it and makes abig deal about it just to wind her up lol x

THIS is the nicest thing I have made and eaten in a while in fact I would go has far to say it was better than any take-away sweet and sour I've had. Never had bulgur wheat before but will definitely have it again its lighter than rice and a lot less hassle than risotto and finer than couscous :) x

Homemade sweet and sour Quorn fillets with vegetable bulgur wheat

image.jpg

Had persimmon fruit and fresh lychees tonight, they where ok not something I would go out and buy again. Just sitting here wolfing down 28g mini weetabix mixed with a vanilla muller and a small pot of sugar free Hartleys jelly (0.5 syns) and wondering where this supposed flurry of snow is....it's been kinda snowing since around 6pm but it's that rubbish melting kind that just disappears lol. I'm not bothered either way, but the kids are hanging onto every last hope that the school will be closed tomorrow and keep making me log onto the school website for updates, keep telling them they've got 2 hopes and one of them is Bob - they don't get it, I'm not surprised :D

Anyway have a peaceful and safe Thursday evening and will catch you tomorrow :) x

Hi Lisa! Wow your doing really well so far you should be proud of yourself ! How you finding it? xxx

Thanks HLB :) x

I'm finding it ok actually, think after my few binges I'm finally getting into the swing of it again (I've lost count of the amount of times I've done SW). Definitely putting more effort into cooking stuff is making it easier for me I'm lucky that I've got time to do that though. You're doing brilliantly HLB :) x

Back