Dairy of a yoyo!!

sapphirestara said:
Sorry hit send before I'd finished!! Never doing cd again. ESP now I live with my partner and he eats!!! :) we can do it this way I'm convinced I can!! X

I completely agree. We will get there. And we will maintain it too. That's what's important. X

This work malarchy sucks!! Xxx

I found it!

I want to ask advice, Im really struggling CC - the effort trying to find the weights and cals for everything i eat as its all homecooked, so the first thing I know I must do is, buy some batteries for my scales and bleeding use them! Would you say WW makes all this much easier? What are the meetings for?/Like? also how much monies per month as I am super poor :( I have a feeling this will be the way forward tho

SO good to see you back, def feel your pain with CD, it was getting me absolutely no where :( xxxxxxx

YES!!!

I found it!

I want to ask advice, Im really struggling CC - the effort trying to find the weights and cals for everything i eat as its all homecooked, so the first thing I know I must do is, buy some batteries for my scales and bleeding use them! Would you say WW makes all this much easier? What are the meetings for?/Like? also how much monies per month as I am super poor :( I have a feeling this will be the way forward tho

SO good to see you back, def feel your pain with CD, it was getting me absolutely no where :( xxxxxxx

Laura chick, Im so sorry its taken me so long to get back to you!! We are totally on the same page...nearly the same weight too :)

I was ccing for 4 weeks- i lost 16lbs. I stopped loosing during week 4 and stepped my exercise up (GENTLY I stress) and then gained. I was SO annoyed with myself. I didnt understand why. I was doing 1600 a day and counting/tracking with Myfitnesspal. I wasnt doing anything wrong and was trying really hard. I was so p*ssed off.

Hence I went to weightwatchers. I didnt know what else to do, I needed the advice and I needed to be able to eat and enjoy and loose regular safe ammounts to work towards a reasonable goal. My first session was lovely- the leader said I wasnt eating enough. I was worried I'd gain then loose, but first week I lost 2.5lbs. Now I was kinda :( because first week of CD it was 16lbs....but I realised that CD wasnt going to get me anywhere- its broken my mums metabolism now too! She cant loose any weight at all! She gain weight when she eats right and exercises. Its mental. 400 cals a day is not safe despite what people tell you. And ww is less expensive in terms of what you pay for for meetings. And it give me a real kick up the butt to keep going and loosing.

I started on 41 points with 49 weekly points (everyone gets the same weeklies.....nice for a meal out/several vodkas and diet cokes ;) LOL) and I havent EVER gone over in 3 weeks- I see sometimes on here people have had major binges but I think with the number of points I can train myself and work in my decreasing points towards maintenance-much better then stepping it up like CD. I was worried I'd struggle to eat my 41 points but actually it was easy- I tracked them on the iphone app, where I also track my weight. The app isnt great for food so sometimes you have to add them in but there is another app you can use to work out foods if they arent on the ww one. Im eating loads more fruit and veg (free!!) and stealing recipes off here or on the esources, so my first week was ww brand based to get the hang of it, but I am cooking more now which is great- and useful for you as you're home cooking most of the time.

I pay £19.99 a month (first month I had a voucher for £10 off with the mag so there might be an offer like that on for you if you decide to go) and that gives me a monthly pass- I have access to esources, and recipes/forums, I dont pay for meetings and I can go to any meetings I like!

I know I sound like a walking advert, but I love ww! Its giving me a healthy lifestyle and as a foodie I can actually eat- I am seeing the result and they are celebrated with me. I was nervous about the meetings, but everyone was lovely and really positive- I was given loads of literature and the ww mags a great. They also sell ww brand food at the meetings so you can pick up snacks and stuff.

I hope I've answered all your q's-this is def working for me- get some batteries, it really helps with the weighing foods- I find that its an eye opening! A little of what you fancy!!!!

I'd recommend it Chick! I know how you feel, it was me 7 weeks ago ready to order a pizza and have a cry!!! Miss you!! Maybe we can save some weeklies and go for a cocktail!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you that is super helpful chick!! I really think I should do it Im just so super poor I really dont know if I can afford it right now, I am currently eating out of the freezer and cupboards and buying just fresh veg lol I think I need the constant check ins tho.

ATM Portsmouth PCT have referred me to this thing called life morph, there are 3 steps of the programme and I really need step 2 but its a six month waiting list so I thought I would do step 1 while I wait. Its all very basic, they tell you have to eat healthy and you get weighed every 2-3 weeks. I have been loosing weight, just slowly. But this past week I went a bit mental and off the rails. I didnt leave the house let alone go to the gym all week. I feel very set back and like I need more supervision.

I know that my problem is portion control but I just cant stop myself from cooking way too much or feeling like I must clear my plate (this is why i need step 2 - intensive counseling to get to the bottom of abusing food). ARGGGHH. Im so intelligent, why can I not just stop myself, or think before I eat or act rationally. hmmm. Im so all or nothing. bleugh.

well anyway past 2 days, eating has not been entirely in check but at least ive been to the gym both days! thats a start.

So sorry to dump on your diary, you are doing so so well :) and yes cocktails are a must XXXXXXX

Don't be daft, there is a lady on here who it might be worth messaging, I'll just look up her name xxx

Her name is willowfae, see if you can find her in the thread. She's very interesting. Xxxxxx

Weigh in today!!

how did it go hun? xx

Lost a lb!

Bit disappointed but hey! A lb is an lb!

Aw thank you! The only thing different about this week is ive been home cooking...... Worth looking into I think!'maybe I've been going wrong!! Xx

sapphirestara said:
Aw thank you! The only thing different about this week is ive been home cooking...... Worth looking into I think!'maybe I've been going wrong!! Xx

Hey don't beat yourself up. One lb per week is a good and healthy loss and really adds up over the year x as long as you're not gaining then you're a success. Remember that. X

Thank you x

Back