Daisy's food log...

Daisy - Well done on completing RTM. :D

I know you have faced many challenges and learned many lessons on your jouney. From my perspective I feel you have become quite self aware and will do well out there in the big wide world where you are setting your own boundaries around food.

Keep chatting and advising on here - I will need you in a couple of months as I approach my own RTM journey. xx

Well done Daisy!!! So proud of you, you have managed all of it so well and are a real inspiration to me. I will definitely refer to your pages here when I start RTM. So glad you enjoyed Hampton Court. The detox sounds fab, well the recipes, please post the good ones in your recipe posts.

I have loads of Gluten free recipes for cakes etc if you want a few, also I did all the cakes, cookies etc for the vegan show at Horti Halls last year so if you want any of those too, just let me know.

Wishing you so much luck on living in the "real" food world, I know you will do just brilliantly!!!

Jez
xx

thanks jez
do you have a gluten free cake recipe that actually tastes nice? i have tried a couple but they weren't very good, lol!
daisy x

Well done Daisy,
I'm glad you enjoyed your week-end and how handy that your friend was also eating healthily. I agree it's the best way to mix and match different types of food.
I also bought a fab. vegetarian book in a charity shop last week. I'm not vegetarian either, but eat a lot more fruit and veg now than I did before LL.
I haven't re-introduced bread, potatoes or pasta and rice since I got to goal.
There are plenty of alternatives and I never get that bloated feeling. I just feel much better without them.
I also bought:
Antony Worrall Thompson's Low Gi cook book.
Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Kitchen.
Happy cooking.Healthy eating- my new motto. Could be a good name for a new cook book..................

Hi Daisy, well done on completing RTM. You, like all the others in this forum have been an inspiration and it's been really helpful for me on my RTM journey to read your daily up's/downs and triumphs...keep up the good work.

SB...I looked at the AWT low GI book the other night in borders, but the store was just about to close and I did not want to buy it without having a good nosey. How have you found it, would you recommend it?

I love it Morticia. I would recommend it, it's down to earth but with some interesting twists. But then I only paid £3.99 in a charity shop.

Congratulations on finishing RTM Daisy.

Welcome to the 'Real' World!

thanks sean
its a scary place to be, lol!
daisy x

Other Low-Gi recipe books are better than AWT's apparently! If anything, turn to trusty Amazon for Marketplace bargains! I read the reviews there which are often quite helpful in making decisions about books.

Congratulations Daisy! These are going to be scary days indeed - I suggest keep track of your thoughts here, and we'll all be here to lend a helping hand just in case. While LL has now finished - remember - you're not alone!

:D

Back