Dancing - your boys!

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Have you insured them? If yes who with and how much do you pay for two?

I just been quoted £14 per month for mine (not each :)) with direct line - with a £70 excess for vets fees. Does this not seem a bit nuts?

14 weeks.

When my mother got cats she decided not to insure....Then bloody Alonso decided to run into a car (he got run over) and had to have a pin put in his leg and have his jaw reset - £1000!!! Argh, can't afford it!

Don't know what to do! Just saw a thread on MSE that gives a range of pet insurances - the lowest is £4.60 per cat...

I think i will give direct line a ring in the morning, will ask all the random "what if" questions and let you know!

Mine had their bits done yesterday! Poor lil things xx

Ours are all insured via Petplan and we pay about £14 per pair, ie about £30 for all four per month. The cover was not bottom of the range but what I would call mid and covered most eventualities. We've only had to call on it once thankfully but you never know!

Gx

Awww, look who stuck her nose in. Just cod you have 4 designer cats :D

Yeah, apparently there's a huge drive at the moment to get cats neutered before they adapt a memory for their bits or something..... Can be done as young as 12 weeks. Apparently helps with the healing process too cos they are smaller? I dunno, i still think it's cruel ;)

night night xx

My two are insured with Tesco - £6 each a month and a £50 excess. We've got them chipped too - figure its better to be safe than sorry.

Carol x

That does! Is there an upper limit on the claim in terms of money and length of treatment?

So have we decided that its worth insuring pets yet? or not? Dont know if i should insure mine.. tbh.. they dont go outside.. they're spoilt little house cats..

x x

Sorry to but in, I pay about £6 for my cat. Have used tesco for the dogs I had and they paid out £2000 for my dog to have an MRI scan, absolutely no problems.
Just make sure you question the limit per condition because I think with the dogs it was capped at £2000 (luckily) but for a little bit more it was capped at £10000 per condition

Sorry to but in, I pay about £6 for my cat. Have used tesco for the dogs I had and they paid out £2000 for my dog to have an MRI scan, absolutely no problems.
Just make sure you question the limit per condition because I think with the dogs it was capped at £2000 (luckily) but for a little bit more it was capped at £10000 per condition
Dito! I have my 2 cats and my dog with Tescos with a £40 excess and it cost me just under £20 a month, most of which is for the dog (he's a pedigree Golden Retriever). I would definately say it is worth it even for house cats as I've had to call on my insurance for one of my cats that's a house cat (one goes out and one stays in...don't ask!!!LOL). My house cat developed a problem with his leg, they think he broke his shoulder at birth but it didn't really cause him a problem until he started a growth spurt at about 3 months and it would have cost me nearly £600 to find out what the problem was!:eek: I thought they would call me on it saying the condition was already present when the policy came into effect so they wouldn't pay for it, but nope they just asked me to get the vets to send the bill to them and they'd pay it!
I also had to use it when my old cat (who sadly died last year) got gastric flu which again was not cheap, and again to get lost posters printed up when one of my other cats disappeared (again sadly I never got her back).
I would definately recommend taking a look at Tescos as I've never had a problem with them at all and their prices are really competitive, I mean I live next to a motorway so it's not exactly the safest place for cats so the price I've got is brilliant!

Thanks Kelly, will definately take your advice xx

hi, just had a quick scroll down not read it properly but we had our dog insured with sainsburys. we payed £12 something per month. he passed away in may and we'd had him insured for 4 year with them. he's had 2 ligament ops (payed £50 towards) with them and at the end he was in hospital for the weekend in may having fluids extra and we got him cremated and his ashes in a nice pebble with plaque etc. that only came to £95 for everything. so i think they are quite good. When the time comes i will use them again. by the way sorry if you've already got sorted. :)

Back