Dancingqueen's 2011 Food Diary

Just popped in to say hello, diary looks fantastic, looking forward to WI this week? good luck, have great weekend, donna x

Thanks Donna, I'm not too happy with my diary really. I've had jacket potato nearly every day becuase it's easy, I do like it but it gets boring. I've just had jacket potato with prawns while my family tucked into fish and chips... I've started a new job this week from 6-8.30pm so by the time I get home it's quite late to cook dinner, I don't like to eat too late and combined with my uni timetable it's difficult. And I know I need to eat breakfast more often but I often wake up too late (combination of insomnia and student lifestyle!) Anyway, rant/moan over. Thanks for dropping in :)

I like my SW quiche with salad and loads of pickled onions!

lol you and ya pickled onions lol ....for me its beetroot lol Not with a roast though lol

DQ its very hard to plan things when your so busy init. Some of the girls cook things in batches and store them in the freezer, for variety, perhaps this is a way forward for you? :D

Saturday - Extra Easy Plan
Healthy extras: A = mozzarella B = Wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch
Beans on toast (B) (1/2 syn)

Dinner
Lasagne (A), salad and ceaser dressing (not sure approx 5 syns)
BGTY chocolate mousse (4.5 syns)

Snacks
Tea (1/2 syn)
Hot chocolate (not sure either, approx 4 syns)

Last edited:
Thanks Donna, I'm not too happy with my diary really. I've had jacket potato nearly every day becuase it's easy, I do like it but it gets boring. I've just had jacket potato with prawns while my family tucked into fish and chips... I've started a new job this week from 6-8.30pm so by the time I get home it's quite late to cook dinner, I don't like to eat too late and combined with my uni timetable it's difficult. And I know I need to eat breakfast more often but I often wake up too late (combination of insomnia and student lifestyle!) Anyway, rant/moan over. Thanks for dropping in :)

hi babe, as silvermane suggested try and find a few hours to batch cook and freeze, pasta is really easy, if i am pushed for time i make myself huge bowl of pasta, 1 tbsp of red pesto and either low low cheese or parmesan, burgers are really easy, in my old diary (first page of my new one) there is a scrummy recipe for emma-louise's man vs food burgers, they are so simple to make up and freeze really easy, same as the doner kebab, you could make up the kebab, slice and freeze in portions, sarah makes the donner up but makes them into meatballs, go on a recipe stealing binge on all the diaries there are some really quick easy meals

you are doing so well, keep focused!

hi babe, as silvermane suggested try and find a few hours to batch cook and freeze, pasta is really easy, if i am pushed for time i make myself huge bowl of pasta, 1 tbsp of red pesto and either low low cheese or parmesan, burgers are really easy, in my old diary (first page of my new one) there is a scrummy recipe for emma-louise's man vs food burgers, they are so simple to make up and freeze really easy, same as the doner kebab, you could make up the kebab, slice and freeze in portions, sarah makes the donner up but makes them into meatballs, go on a recipe stealing binge on all the diaries there are some really quick easy meals

you are doing so well, keep focused!

Mmm that sounds really good. Thank you for the suggestions, I think mostly last week I was 50% lazy and 50% lacking time. At least I stuck to plan though!!
Next week I'm definitely going to try and eat more varied meals, with more superfree. I've had a lot of salad this week!!
I've not had a great day today (food wise) I think everything is in my syns though. Horrified at the BGTY mousse, 4.5 syns. As the low fat one I thought it wouldn't be as high as that. The hot chocolate was a treat with a friend :) It was with semi-skimmed milk so hopefully not done too much damage. I've not really eaten that much and I feel hungry... not a lot of superfree in the house though, wish I'd made a quiche or rice pudding for this weekend. Resisting a glass of wine!!

Sunday - Extra Easy Plan
Healthy extras: A = low fat cheese slice x 2 B = wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Coffee (1/2 syn)

Lunch
Roast lamb, roast potatoes (in Frylight), vegetables, mint sauce, yorkshire pudding, gravy (6.5 syns)
Apple sponge (not sure of the syns but hopefully within my allowance. Homemade by my grandma, was delicious!)

Dinner
Ham and cheese (A) salad, wholemeal bread (B), dressing (1/2 syn)
Diet coke

Snacks

Tea x2 (1 syn)
Tangerine
Chicken Mugshotz

Last edited:
Loss 2.5lbs - Week 7

[=DarkOrange]My first green day...

Monday- Green
[/COLOR]
Healthy extras: A = low fat cheese, B1 = Covent Garden tomato and basil soup B2 = Wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Coffee (1/2 syn)
Shape zero yogurt
Tangerine

Lunch
Beans on toast (1/2 syn)

Dinner
Cheese and onion pie (with mushrooms and pepper) (A), brocolli
SW rice pudding
Diet coke

Supper (after work)
Covent Garden tomato and basil soup (B)

Snacks
Tea (1/2 syn)
Tomato & herb Mugshots
Skinny cappuccino grande (4 syns)

Last edited:
Tuesday - Extra Easy
Healthy extras: A = low fat cheese B = wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Coffee (1/2 syn)
Bacon sandwich (B) (1/2 syn)

Lunch
Jacket potato topped with cheese, ham, mushroom, onion and pepper and salad with yogurt and mint dressing (A) (1 Syns)
SW rice pudding

Dinner
Covent Garden tomato and basil soup (6 syns)
I messed up here, I forgot I'd already had my B choice for breakfast. Oops!

Snacks
Starbucks skinny cappuccino grande (4 syns)
M&S Count on Us chocolate mousse (4 syns)

Last edited:
Wednesday- Extra Easy
Healthy extras: A = low fat cheese B = wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Coffee (1/2 syn)
Bacon sandwich with wholegrain mustard (B) (1 syn)

Lunch
Jacket potato, cajun chicken, salad and yogurt and mint dressing (A) (2 syns)

Dinner
Cheese, ham, mushroom omelette (A), salad and Italian dressing
Diet coke

Snacks
Cadburys chocolate chip cookies x2 (6 Syns)
Tea (1/2 syn)

Last edited:
Thursday- Extra Easy
Healthy extras: A = low fat cheese B = Alpen light x 2 (B)

Breakfast
Coffee (1/2 syn)
Ham and mushroom omlette (0 syns)
Tangerine Muller light

Lunch
Chargrilled chicken, pasta, salad and italian dressing (0 syns)
SW rice pudding
Diet cherry coke

Dinner
Tune melt topped jacket potato (A), salad with yogurt and mint dressing (3 syns)

Snacks
Tea (1/2 syn)
Carrots with houmous (2.5 syns)
Alpen light x 2 (B)
Starbucks skinny cappuccino grande (4 syns)

Last edited:
Friday - Extra Easy
Healthy extras: A = skimmed milk B = Tomato and basil soup

Breakfast
No breakfast, migraine :(

Lunch
Tomato and basil soup (B)
Vanilla Muller light
Sumner fruits squash

Dinner
Chinese - boiled rice, plain noodles, chicken with mushrooms, beef with ginger and spring onions (all my syns lol)

Snacks
Batchelors chicken rice (0 syns)
Tangerine
Tea
Coffee

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
well done on another great loss this week dancing queen, some lovely ideas for jacket spud toppers thanks x

Thanks Donnajt. :) I feel like I'm being lazy having jacket spuds all the time but it's so easy for me (and cheap) with being and student and having 3 jobs! I like trying different things to top them with and it's easy to have your superfree with them as a nice salad!

Saturday - Extra Easy
Healthy Extras: A = low fat cheese B = Wholemeal bread

Brunch
Tea (1/2 syn)
Baked beans on toast (1/2 syn)

Dinner
Instead of going out for a meal we are staying in and pretending... :)

Prawn cocktail (3.5 syns)
Steak, jacket potato (with cheese & sour cream) (A), onions and mushrooms (in frylight), green beans (1.5 syns)
SW raspberry rice pudding (0 syns)

Snacks
Tea (1/2 syn)
Grapes

Last edited:
Thanks Donnajt. :) I feel like I'm being lazy having jacket spuds all the time but it's so easy for me (and cheap) with being and student and having 3 jobs! I like trying different things to top them with and it's easy to have your superfree with them as a nice salad!

my fav is cheese (and tons of it!) but one of our fav dinners now is jacket spud, with mushroom curry, literally 1tbsp curry paste (whatever takes your fancy), mushroom (or anyother veg, chicken, quorn whatever) cook mush in frylight, add curry paste, once mush are all covered remove from heat and add ff yog, fromage frais, quark or creme fraiche...dirt cheap and so delicious - we had it last night for tea, even nicer with fresh coriander

my fav is cheese (and tons of it!) but one of our fav dinners now is jacket spud, with mushroom curry, literally 1tbsp curry paste (whatever takes your fancy), mushroom (or anyother veg, chicken, quorn whatever) cook mush in frylight, add curry paste, once mush are all covered remove from heat and add ff yog, fromage frais, quark or creme fraiche...dirt cheap and so delicious - we had it last night for tea, even nicer with fresh coriander

That sounds delicious! I've had a craving for Indian food so I'm definitely going to have that next week. What curry paste do you use? I've never used it before. What are the syns like?

Back