Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

its all that weight you have lost - you should try the jogging wearing a pack with your lost weight in it and see if that does slow you down

your planning sounds good - glad you enjoyed the spag bol enough to eat it again :):)

Morning Dave, mostly i do ee days so the gammon will fit in fine, i just need to go get some. today i am trying to decide wether to go food shopping or go to matalan !! Just how do i tell me kids that eating is over rated ??

Have a good day

haha food or Matalan ... reminds me of the old advert ... daddy or chips? Daddy never came out of it well!

This week is a bit odd having gone from late turn yesterday to early turn today and back to lates again tomorrow! Thanks goodness for loads of time off the following few days to readjust.

I thought I would be getting bored by savoury rice by now, but it just get tastier and tastier!! Had it with a couple of boiled eggs and an Alpen light bar for lunch and snacks so far, still feeling quite full.

I'm about to pop out for a ride, then I'll have time for a nice soak before dinnertime, which leaves this evening free to get some paperwork done and watch another episode of The Shield which I have really gotten into lately.

Aaleigha, as for jogging with weights, I would have to start jogging with clothes on first ;) haha

ooh i must avert my eyes Dave !!!

i think those variations in your hours over the next few days would have me so confused-and thats not hard!!

I too have just had savoury rice-mild mexican-with a salmon fillet and some green beans,dont even feel like puds not, so will save that for a snack later, thus reducing my intake a bit-good eh? its my weigh day tomorrow and i'm not sure what to expect, scales shsowed a gain this morning whereas was looking really good earlier in week, guess we will see.

hope you have managed your bike ride, its a lovely day here, makes me glad on days like this that have of my working day is spent outside, but ask me again in december or january !!

mommyb, I wish you all the best for your weigh in tomorrow - fingers crossed you have a good result :) As for my hours being confusing, I guess to the uninitiated they are but you do get used to planning ahead - it's a real pain at times but I suppose it is taken account of in our wages so I can't complain.

I used to kinda use my shifts as an excuse to not eat healthily - some days it was just easier to pick something up from work. And by something, read "as much as I could lay my hands on until my money ran out - could be something like grabbing a choccy bar or two or some crisps or all the above from the machine at work, then maybe grabbing a cornish pasty/sausage roll/chicken samosa/anything else I fancied from one of the many London terminii I work into, then topping up again with a sarnie or chocolates from elsewhere on my travels too. Add to that still, that I could do some or all of the above WHEN i had taken lunch with me, and you can see how I can end up so fat in the first place!

I have been blaming quitting smoking for the last 4 or so years but I think I have come to realise that is was just an excuse for me to eat all the time.

To get around the eating at work problem, I just don't take any money or my bank cards with me! I know that isn't really dealing with the problem but it is stopping the side effects, and I am hoping that once I have reached my goal weight (which I will do this time, diet no.372) any need I feel I have to gorge when I get the chance will be gone.

Back to the point I was going to make in the first place though haha, my shifts are actually no different to anyone elses day. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a few snacks in between. And I sleep of course! It's just that mine is sometimes in a strange order! And that is why for me organising myself is probably more important to my success. I am going to run into trouble the day I have to leave for work and I haven't got anything ready, so I need to stay on the ball.

On an unrelated note, I'm back from my ride now - 5.63 miles in 28 and a half minutes :)

I am watching my better half and my mum in law making all our dinners, and I can't wait - chicken chow mein ... mmmmmm :)

Dave , i so relate to what you are saying ,when i worked in an office, i could be known to have breakfast at home,bacon and egg sandwich from the canteen when i got to work,my packed lunch at breaktime then go to the pub for lunch!!
I'm obviously much better than that now, but looking back i think it was boredom as much as hunger or greed. Now i work part time and am a busy mum (who isnt?) i used to use being busy as an excuse to just grab anything quick-funny how fruit never falls into this catergory? Now whilst i cant claim to be perfect, i do plan ahead as much as possible.

My Hubby regularly goes to London by train for work-he's there today. You may have driven him,or at least walked past him! He's uses Euston most of the time and is usually the bloke picking up sushi on his way home ,for his beautiful waiting wife-LOL

I think to a certain extent we are all guilty of the same sins. The key is realising it, and then more importantly doing something about it!!

Euston, funnily enough, I don't go into! We serve London Victoria, London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Cannon Street and Blackfriars, and from December I will be going into St Pancras.

I've just found out on another thread that ONE milk does not count as skimmed, so I shouldn't be having 350ml as a HEa option AArrrrgggghhhh!!! Gonna have to beat up my SWC now haha

Glad to find out now, rather than later though I guess

Last edited:
Just had chicken chow mein for dinner, cooked from the SW recipe (more or less), and served up with curry sauce (the mushy pea one). Gotta say I am very impressed with both, I have never felt so full in my life, and it was all syn free except for the chicken (HEb) which is even better. DEFINITELY one to have again!

I've checked with my SW consultant and she has confirmed that ONE milk can indeed be treated as skimmed milk for purposes of HEa's, which is a relief.

I don't understand why it is, as strictly speaking it isn't skimmed as I had thought, but tbh I don't really care why, so long as the SW scientist/nutritional people have okayed it :)

I've squeezed some snacks in this evening just so my food log looks better and I have used some more syns up - I went for a toffee/pecan HiFi bar (not overkeen, wouldn't ever choose one ahead of the ravishing ruby that's for sure!), Mullerlight and an apple.

I'm back on late turn tomorrow, which means having my dinner at lunchtime which is a pain - I'm having jacket potato with cheese & beans, and maybe squeeze a corn on the cob in there too for good measure!

I'm off to bed now, happy that my mini-panic is dealt with, sleep well :)

I had a GREAT day at work, thanks :)

tbh I had been a little anxious about today, as I was driving a few routes I haven't been over in 4 months or more (because I have been training elsewhere) and I didn't know how much I would remember, but I remembered it all perfectly!! It's just like riding a bike haha

The "one" milk saga continues ... I again spoke to my SW consultant to ask why her info was different from the website, and was basically told that she was told it could be used as HEa skimmed milk (350ml), and of course my weight loss hasn't been affected so I could carry on, but if I preferred I could either drop my ml to 250 or keep the 350ml and count 2 syns. In other words, no idea LOL. So, I am gonna take the cautious option and drop my HEa milk to 250ml.

Foodwise for today I had normal breakfast, jacket with beans & cheese at lunchtime, and took savoury rice / 2 boiled eggs / HiFi bar / Alpen light bar to work. I've only used 3 syns today so need to have some more, I'm gonna have a packet of Skips (4.5 syns I think) with my traditional banana once I'm done on the Wii fit.

I wish I had something more exciting to talk about haha, but sadly it has been a mundane day, as I suspect most of them will be!

Hope someone has something more interesting to talk about :)

Nothing exciting to report here, usual bickering at home and a touch of flu to add to it!

I'm so impressed by your weight loss, inspirational as usual! I certainly agree that planning is key as it is something I still cannot seem to get around to. I'm lucky in that my mum looks after my son and usually cooks me a nice SW dinner by time I get in from work :)

Do you vary your savoury rices? I got quite excited to notice they have lots more flavours than I remember (bear in mind I am thinking back about 10 years when it was Chicken, Beef or Vegetable only lol) so I have been thinking of taking them into work too.

You say you are lucky your mum does that for you, but if my wife didn't look after me I wouldn't have a chance! She is fab, and she reads this, and I love her so very very much :D:D

As for savoury rice, are they all free of syns? I have only ever had the golden one (vegetable I guess) and I still adore it lol, but I may try the others just for a bit of change !

tfmd, I think we are all our own worst enemies lol, and i don't know anyone who doesn't need a good kick up the youknowwhat from time to time! As for your schoolgirl error, all that matters is that you realised it, and rectified it, so nice one for rescuing what could have otherwise have gotten you down had you found out later :)

mommyb I agree totally, I am still very new to SW and am basically as keen on it as I have been in the past with WW and various other diets I have tried. There will come a time for sure where I start to bore of planning so well which I think is the key to success. The difference for me with SW as opposed to WW for example is that with WW if you got to the end of the day, had no points left, all you could have was pretty much a sugar free jelly! Whereas with SW there is literally a hundred things I could have! My problem is one of appetite, and SW really suits me.

When times get rough for me, and I'm certain they will, I will be turning to my Consultant and also of course to Minimins for support :)

Tonight was my weigh in, and I lost a further 5,5lbs (11lbs in two weeks now), which also got me my first slimmer of the week award :)

We also had to commit to losing xlbs between now and Xmas (12 weeks) so I went in at the deep end and went for 28 haha. Wish me luck!

Hey, just catching up with ya ;)

5.5lbs loss this week :clap:
11lbs in 2 weeks! :happy036:
Slimmer of the week award! :winner:

In my broadest Yorkshire lass accent.....Rudy well done lad!!!!...lol ;):D

Thanks Isis, things are going better than I imagined possible, the weight is coming off very quickly for now, I am eating soooooo much too haha. I know it won't last forever but I am making the most of it :)

I've just gotten off the Wii fit, did my regular half hour jog - beat my previous best distance (7484m) by loads!! New record is 7908m! Started faster than normal for some reason and just stayed at that pace. Very pleased with that, although that's gonna be a real bugger to improve on lol

I'm gonna have my reward (banana!), have some water, finish watching the last episode of True Blood, then go to bed :)

Night all

Morning Dave,going great guns there mate. Afraid i caved last night and had some wine but i had had a bloomin awful day at the end of a fairly stressfull week.

As far as i know all the savoury rice are free. I had the mexican one the other day with a salmon fillet and some green beans for lunch -was so full i didnt have any tea.

Have a good weekend-nothing exciting planned here, gonna tackle tesco later-who says i dont know how to have a good time?

mommyb, couldn't you have the best of both worlds? have the wine to help you chill, but work out the syns and factor them in to your Slimming World day/week? That way you get the wine and you don't even need to break your diet plan!

It's sad I know, but Tesco is also one of my highlights of the week lol. Mind you, that's mainly because over the past 20 or more years I have spent too long living it up without a care for my health, so this is payback I reckon!! And tbh it's payback I don't mind doing :)

Hope you have a GREAT day at Tesco haha, check out everyone's baskets/trolleys as they go past and see if you can tell who else is on Slimming World (and who will be NEEDING slimming world if they carry on buying stuff like that haha).

ttfn :)

Dave-a man after my own heart, i LOVE looking at what other people are buying,just nosey i guess,but its very interesting too.

Have decided to just write off yesterday, and start new week from today, will deduct 15 syns from my weeks allowance, and start afresh with 90 for the remaining 6 days. I like a bottle of wine on a saturday night,its my weekly treat and i do count the syns but last nights was an extra!!

hehehehe How many of us doing SW check out other people's shopping baskets? I do it all the time!! hahahaha

Yesterday I was surprised with a lovely meal out with my OH and daughter...
As opposed to the last meal out this one was beautiful and very low in syns. I used more syns on 2 gins! lol
I had a salad to start and a beautiful sea bass cooked in salt...It was stunning and had new pot and salad garnish with it - no butter on the potatoes either..
No pudding as we were too full to have a pudding although I wouldn't have had one anyway.....I haven't got a very sweet tooth.

I love the Wii fit, we've had ours a while...I haven't been on it for a while and I should restart it..It's so much fun....I have mostly the top scores on it...I love the jogging and the yoga.....

Sounds like you've had another good week...My fingers are crossed for your weigh in on Tuesday.....

Best of luck - not that you need it!! lol

Hil

Hi Hil, that dinner sounded fab! I haven't eaten out nor had takeaway since I started SW. I know we are free to have literally anything on SW if you plan accordingly but I always seem to fall off a diet after an indian or chinese so I am giving them a wide berth for now!

I've tried the Yoga on the Wii fit and really struggled, I fell over a few times and had to support myself by leaning on things the rest! Not really my cup of tea you could say :) I love the games on there like skiing and football heading and similar, but when I get on it as part of my diet/weight loss efforts I only ever touch the cardio vascular ones - jogging, step, boxing, etc. I have heard there is a Wii fit 2 coming out so I look forward to seeing what is different.

I'm just back from a trip over to the Isle of Sheppey to drop off a couple of things at my Uncle's house, and popped into Holland & Barrett (we don't have one where I live). I am now the proud owner of some Vecon lol. Add that to my cous cous I picked up the other day and I am only some scan bran away from being a proper SWite LMAO.

Now I just gotta work out what to do with them!

I had a very filling salad for my lunch: savoury rice, boiled egg, cucumber, lettuce, beetroot, corn on the cob (all free), added some salad cream (1.5 syns), couple of Ryvita (HEb) and 2 Dairylea triangles (HEa) which I put on them. YUM! Having my friend Marie over for lunch tomorrow and I shall be having more of the same.

Dinner this evening is going to be shepherds pie (Quorn) served with peas, carrots, sweetcorn, like last week, as we all enjoyed it so much.

I plan to Wii fit again this evening once everyone else has gone to bed, and thinking about branching out and doing something else after my jog. Mind you, once I've finished the jog my legs are normally like jelly and I'm puffed out lol, so maybe not - we shall see!

Have a great day all, it's the weekend and a little harder to be strong I think but try to be good, and you'll be rewarded at weigh ins!!

ttfn

Back