Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Marie
awesome weight loss well done

Dave
if you like cycling but not in the rain (I am with you on that one) you can get a bracket type thing that sits on the floor and raises the rear wheel off the floor. People use them in cycling training I think. I have my bike attached to that in the garage so I go out there put some fast music on do the cross trainer and then the bike. It's one of the best things I've bought. I am very nervous on the roads they are quite busy in my area.

Just to update you and to shout YIPPEE I lost 11/2lb this week and got my stone award. I am very very happy,

good luck for tomorrow

Hil

Another well done. i have hit the point of paranoia where i cant beleive that i really can eat like this and loose weight, i will have to wait til friday to find out as i surrendered my scales to MrB and he wont give them back now even for an interim weigh in!!

thank you
I have to stop weighing on my scales, I amnot as bad as I used to be though! Everytime I went to the bathroom I'd weigh! I had to consiously stop myself.
There is so much choice on sw I love it!
I am in the right frame of mind to succeed this time too! Good luck for Friday
Hil
x x

mommyb, thank you so much. tmfd, fab result for you and congrats on getting that stone award, it must feel fantastic. I know it's not a good thing to keep weighing but I actually weighed twice today - it starts to become an obsession, must get out of that habit.

Dave, what new recipes are you trying this week?

tfmd, I have seen the 'cycle stand' things you mention, where I could ride on the spot when it is raining, and in theory it is a great idea, but in practice cycling on the spot would bore the pants off me lol. I'm not overkeen on cycling anywhere as it is, but at least I get a change of scenery, different road noises, gradients. I always struggled on the exercise bikes in the gym for the same reason. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

I've never worked out why people take a ten minute car ride to the gym, to spend half an hour on an exercise bike, when you could just ride to and from the gym!

Congrats on your latest weight loss and of course on hitting your stone mark too! I like the fact we get half stone awards, but there's nothing as satisfying as losing a stone. Nice one :)

mommyb, you've had your scales confiscated? LMAO that is so funny :)

I weigh myself far too often, but all the while I am remaining positive and feel it helps then I reckon it's ok! Since last SW weigh in (official), I had hardly budged in weight at all, until yesterday, where I finally showed a 2lb loss! This morning though I was back above what I was 2 days ago LOL. I'm not worried, only my official weigh in 'counts', I just like to see it!

Rie, as for new recipes - nothing planned yet, as I hope to pick up my new recipe books at class this evening. If I do, then something scrummy from there will no doubt get into my weekly menu, and if they still haven't arrived I will rely on past favourites and maybe something from the SW website. Annoyingly, I still haven't had my gammon meal yet haha, which is on Thursday, and I have those tuna/sweetcorn fritters tomorrow, YUM!!

Had a good day today, despite the dodgy weigh in! Took savoury rice, 2 boiled eggs, Alpen light bar and a banana to work. Had to get up at 05.00, which wasn't fun! Same tomorrow sadly, but then a few more days off :) I worked a train into Charing Cross station, and was booked on the Underground over to Victoria ready for my next workings, but I decided to walk it instead! Only took about 25 minutes, but I got totally soaked in the rain lol. Felt good afterward though.

Weigh in coming up, just over an hour to go. What's gonna happen? Who knows! Any loss would be great, STS would be bearable, putting on would be a pain but I would still have lost over the 3 weeks at a good rate so I haven't really got a lose option!!

Hope you're all well, I'll report back later :)

I lost another 2.5lbs this week, which I'm very happy about!

Would have been great to squeeze the extra 1/2lb and get my 1 stone award but it can wait until next week :)

Unfortunately my books still haven't arrived, Grrrrr, but hopefully they will turn up next week. Will have to go through the SW website again for some more ideas again.

Anyways, sorry but can't stay - gotta wrap some presents for my youngests birthday tomorrow, then get to bed! Up at 05.00 again tomorrow, yikes

Goodnight all :)

hey well done on this weeks wi!! That's fab, almost a stone in 3 weeks, bet you're feeling really good! Next week you'll get that award and be in the 22's!!

Awesom...Well done..The stone next week for sure!!

I don't understand why people drive to the gym and use the exercise bike either....When I used to so swimming with my friend, neither drove we walked there 20 mins and walked back after our hour or so swim...Come rain or shine!! Don't know why we haven't done it lately..Might have to suggest it when I see her next!

Have a good week....and plan your menu and shopping trip

Hil

Hi Bayside and tfmd, and thanks :)

I am definitely looking forward to my 1 stone award, and with only half a pound to go I would be gutted if I didn't get it Tuesday. Mind you, as things stand I am working this Tuesday evening and can't make it to weigh in/class anyway! I'm gonna see if I can swap some things about at work so that I can go.

tfmd your walk and swim sounds like a great idea, I really wish I could muster the confidence to go swimming as I love it. If only there was a fatties session I could blend in quite happily!!

Didn't much much time last night to get menu planning, so it's gonna have to be this evening.

Tomorrow could be tricky, I have a funeral to go to. I'll be leaving quite early and not sure what time I'll get back. I've no idea of food arrangements for the day. I'm planning on taking a packing up with some easy to grab things in, and in the event I can to them when it's time I will have them, but failing that I am just gonna have to be careful around the buffet or whatever is put on. It must sound really pathetic to be talking about my diet when something sad like a funeral is happening, but I REALLY don't wanna fall off the wagon, not even for 1 second, not just yet. And if I can get away with taking a lunch then I will haha.

OMG ... I've written all this and it's still only 05.20!! NOBODY should have to get up this early lol!

Have a great day all, and in the famous words of Arnie ... I'll be back!!

morning Dave, i was around at 5.20 (thanks to my daughter),but wasnt on line sorry-will try harder-LOL

well done on your loss again, i know you would have loved to get your stone but to be this close after just 3 weeks is awe inspiring!!

please note i havent had my scales confiscated , i surrendered them-there is a big difference!! and i shant be doing it again i can assure you!!

hope your son has a lovely birthday, and dont worry about the food today, sounds liek you have it well covered and if you go slightly off plan i know you will get right back on it cos we are all watching you!! So no pressure!!

:peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep:

:roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock:
STEP AWAY FROM
THE
BUFFET
:roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock:

YOU ARE BEING WATCHED

:peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep::peep:

:sigh: Just had to do that last post.............:eek:

Hope it doesn't offend......... :eek: :wave_cry:

Have been reading and really enjoying your journey....... :)

But then I found the smilies !!!!!! ............. :D:D:D:D :rolleyes:

(I'm blaming mommyB for saying we were watching you ...It was then I remembered the 'peep' smilies......and it just went downhill from there !!!!....) :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi all :D

I'm back from another day at the grind! Today seems to have taken FOREVER to end as far as work goes, it just went on and on!

But I made it :bliss: I had my usual brekky, took savoury rice / 2 boiled eggs / banana / Alpen light bar to work for my lunch and snacks, and I am looking forward to having the tuna/sweetcorn fritters for dinner (first time of trying those so fingers crossed).

I had to pick up my suit after work from the dry cleaners, and I thought I was being clever by remembering to take my ticket to work with me. So in I walked, proud of how clever I was not only for having my ticket AND remembering to stop off there too, only to realise I didn't have any money on me :8855::booboo:

My son, Charlie, has had a great birthday, despite having to spend most of it so far at school! :birthday: He got lots of pressies, including a Ben 10/Ben 10 Alien reversible outfit (you can pretend you don't know who I mean but I won't believe you lol), a PSP game that he has been after for a while, an iPod shuffle (his older brother has one, so that's a few arguments over haha), and loads more too! He took cakies into school and they shared those out, and we have a big Ben 10 birthday cake for later (but don't tell him, it's a surprise!)

The funeral I am going to is tomorrow, maybe I worded it badly. I'm going to take some food that is practical, easily grabbed/eaten and SW friendly, and then I will just make do until I get home. No problems. Sod's law isn't it? I haven't been to a funeral for about 4 years, and have only been to two my whole life ... but I have TWO funerals to go to, and they are BOTH tomorrow :sigh: Sadly they are a gazillion miles apart and at roughly the same time so I can only make one of them.

Lonestitcher, welcome to my diary :grouphugg:, I see you're a fan of emoticons ... how childish ;):rolleyes::p:rolleyes:;)

Dear Diary ...

the verdict is in on the tuna/sweetcorn fritters; They were ok I guess, we would have them again, but they aren't one of my favourite dishes to have on SW plan. Bit of an anti-climax really after all the time I planned them lol.

And talking of planning, we have sorted out our menu for the forthcoming week. My recipe book is yet to arrive, so we are just going from previous menus this time, nothing new!

Tomorrow - gammon, egg, chips, beans
Friday - Quorn shepherd's pie with veg and gravy
Saturday - Quorn sausage casserole with veg
Sunday - chicken chow mein with curry sauce
Monday - Quorn spag bol
Tuesday - tuna/pasta/sweetcorn (and WI night!)
Wednesday - omelette
Thursday - carbonara

Hopefully my recipe book will turn up at next WI night, and we can get some more ideas. I'm also gonna have a trawl through the recipes section on here for ideas, would have done it for this week but have been a little busy.

The night is still young, but I am sooooo tired from two early mornings and late nights, I am off to bed. Another early start tomorrow, long way to go to get to the funeral.

I should be home for a late dinner, and can have brekky before I leave, so it's only lunch I need to worry about. I'm just gonna take some boiled eggs, couple of bananas and a couple of Alpen light bars with me. Easy to carry, easy to eat too :)

Hope you're all feeling positive, focused, and most important of all : HAPPY :)

Ooh, your menu for the next week looks good - I might use it myself. ;) Haha.

Well done on your WI this week, a stone in 3 weeks is incredible, be proud of yourself! :D

morning Dave,hope funeral goes off ok,went to one myself last week, 1st for ages. was really eery, it was my dad's cousin but they have the same name-try being sat next to someone and hearing their name being read out as the deceased-have to admit that set me off,reaching for the tissues!!

Hope your lad really enjoyed his birthday,its what its all about when you're a kid ( and in your 40's !!)

Oh Amy, thanks for the nice comments, and feel free to use as much of my menu as you like - although I'm not gonna cook it for you haha.

mommyb, the funeral was beautiful (in that strange way that only funerals can be). I didn't realise my nan was so special, and had touched so many hearts. She is the kind of person I would LOVE to be able to read a biography of. She was honoured by the Queen TWICE!! I knew about one of them, the BEM a few years back, but the other was a surprise. Being there, especially at the crematorium, made me think back to my grandads funeral, and even more so my mums funeral which was 10 years ago but I still picture it like it was yesterday. Funerals are meant to be a celebration of someone's life but you just can't help getting sad :(

In better news though, I managed to avoid the ever so tasty looking buffet! I waited til I was back on the train (about three ish) and had my packing up as a late lunch. Tbh I hadn't felt hungry until then anyway.

I had gammon, eggs, chips and beans for dinner when I got home, and OMG it was LUSH!!!

So delicious in fact that I am going to have to shunt one of my planned meals for next week so that I can have tonight's dinner again lol. Goodbye tuna/sweetcorn/pasta methinks :)

I was gonna give the Wii fit a miss tonight and just go to bed, but my wife has managed to convince me to do it. I would only feel bad in the morning if I didn't!

But for now, it's time to catch up with a bit of TV, and I am pretty sure there is a Mullerlight in the fridge with my name on! I changed my name to Mullerlight to avoid any problems lol

Hope everyone is ok, HAPPY, and feeling good about their next weigh in!

Hiya
glad things went ok as well as they could have been at a sad time.

On the gammon issue, I have been fancying it for ages but when I come to planning my menu it never seems to be on there! Lol
lunch today was a lush homemade veggy soup taken to work in a flask and it stayed very hot I am glad to say!
Tea was a recipe from a sw mag - spicy pork with courgette and couscous although I used rice as oh don't like couscous lol. Was very lovely

I am very positive and have been for 2 weeks! Looks like the extra easy plan is working for me!
Keep up the good work
have a good week
Hil

Hi Hil

How do you make your soup? Is it syn free? Glad to be getting such positive vibes from you :D

I've just got off the Wii fit, I did 56 minutes including several advanced steps, a 3 minute super hula, advanced boxing, and then half hour on the free step. Decided to give the jogging a miss as I am so tired I thought I would probably fall asleep while I was doing it :whacky068:

My better half is working tomorrow morning, the boys will be at school : better than Pimm's o'clock, it's LAY-IN o'clock :4635:

See you all tomorrow, a little lighter than we all were today!

Back