Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hey Dave, I use to be a consultant for sw(gave up due to my son's disability) anyway you wouldnt believe how many people use to come through the door with exactly same feeling as you including myself, you have done the hardest thing by plucking the courage up to join a group :) the key to successful weight loss is to remember that u are a human being and that if you do put on a few pounds or eat that bit of cake you shudnt have isnt the end of the world and you shudnt beat yourself up about it. Its about taking the guilt away from how you feel.
Alot of people including myself are "emotional" eaters its what we have always know, I eat when im happy, sad,I dont need and excuse and usually the problem for me is that its about breaking habit. Its hard being the only man but I bet the ladies of the group will take you under their wing and support you loads and anyway men always lose it faster which is great for you and also in here you will get fab support too, good luck on your journey and your not on your own we are all in the same boat.
diole ;)

Hi diole and thanks for the lovely message :)

You are right that as one of few guys I am very much looked after by the ladies in my group. Mind you, they have also booked me as a strippogram for this Christmas's party so it's not all good ;)

I woke up to good news this morning - one of my biggest milestones is now behind me. I now weight less than 20 stone!!

My weight begins with a 1 for the first time in a very long time. I weigh 19st 13.5lb :)

Woohooooooooo

And I am staring down the barrel of another major target too, as when the next 1/2lb drops off I will have hit my 5 stone target!

What a fantastic start to 2010, Happy New Year ♥

Just had my dinner - sausage & bean casserole with hash browns. The casserole was very well received and is another to join our list of meals we will definitely be having again. I like the hash browns as does my eldest son, but the wife and youngest not so much. Doubt we will have those again. I might (probably for a laugh!) have a look and see how many syns for the McCains hash browns as I am a fan.

I'm off to work soon, short shift tonight 1812-0003 and will be on the Wii fit when I get home.

I am taking some snacks with me (HiFi bar, 2 mini Babybels, 2 funsize Milky Way bars) and will have my usual banana once I'm done on the Wii fit later.

Tomorrow I am having dinner out at Wetherspoons, and according to the website I can get jacket potato with beans which will do. I will also be sticking to diet cokes all night (this is the precursor to a Union meeting, and I suspect I will be the butt of jokes and incessant stick all night for that but none of them are weighing in the following night are they lol).

Hi Dave,

Just wanted to say what a brilliant read your diary is!

You're doing so well it is inspirational! I have my first weigh in tomorrow so it is nice to read other's diaries to get a gist of the diet!

bye for now :)

all i can say is well done dave..u seem to have cracked it maybe we will be lookin for you for support :)

wow...just want to say well done on ur weight loss!...and also ur diary is veryyyyy inspirational!!...ive been sat here since 9 reading every word of it...this is one diary ill b following regularly! i agee with diole we will be looking at you for support!

I love reading your diary Dave as it really inspires me, your enthusiasm just leaps off the page iykwim :)

Good luck for tomorrow night, I will be popping by to see how you got on :) xx

Btw what game do you use on the Wii? I was thinking of getting a different one from the Wii fit.

Hi Dave, hope you are continuing to have a good week. Fab that you are in the 19's now:) It was pretty snowy here today so slid to work in the car. Did you have to contend with the snow too or did you miss out today?
Have you been swimming yet? It's great exercise.

I have been using the Wii a bit over xmas but sadly only Sports Resort so only exercised one arm :) Did get the wii fit plus tho but not used it as yet.

can't remember if you are going to WI tonight or not, good luck if you are.

Hi all ... it's Weigh in day again!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments I love to read them :)

slimmer2010 how was the WI? Was that your first one as in the time you register and become a member or the first one where you hope to see a loss? Either way, hope it went well and good luck with your journey

diole welcome to my diary, I see you are an ex-consultant but are you still slimming yourself? I bet you still have people coming up to you asking questions lol

sadi thanks very much, and well done for making it all the way through from start to finish. I've just looked and it's getting quite long now!

Weemo, you know I've just spent about 5 minutes trying to work out what iykwim actually means lol. When I use the Wii fit I tend to only do the free jog and free step as I can do those and watch tv. I also use My Fitness Trainer Cardio Workout which is a boxing type training game. Perhaps ironically there is no actual boxing one on one against someone though, it is all the punching/ducking/foot work practice, and you REALLY know when you have been on it! You get the choice of following a set workout or just picking and choosing what you want to do. Recommended :)

Bayside, the snow has been just enough to be a pain and make the floors dangerous, but not enough to actually have snowball fights and make snowmen Grrrr. We need more, or it can all go - I don't mind which lol. I have just come back from the pool funnily enough, first time I got to use my season ticket. So nice to walk in and not pay haha. Only swam for about half hour to get me back into it but I can really feel it all over, and because I can swim for free whenever I like now I'm under no pressure to do x amount of lengths or stay too long as I can just go back the next day :) WI is indeed tonight - feeling confident that I have lost (despite getting hammered New Years Eve) and fairly confident I will be below the weight I was below Christmas. But as always, what will be will be. Que sera sera. Ooooh it's NYE all over again ... where's the Morgan's lol. GL for you WI tomorrow

Teresa, thanks very much but what you don't know is that the other posts are from me under pseudonyms :)

Kidding of course, I really love that people come on and it gees me up no end. Which in turn seems to gee others up too so it's win-win.

I've a busy afternoon planned doing nothing, WI is at half six, and I'll be back later with good news. Touch wood ;)

Didn't take me long to come back did it? lol

Just been going through my box of clothes that don't fit to see what I can get into now. I do it every month on the 1st if I remember. There wasn't really much difference in anything this time around but seeing as how I had less exercising and more off-plan eating in December than any other time I am not surprised. I have a few items on the cusp as it were, and I reckon I may be able to rescue a few bits later.

Be well ♥

OMG my diary was on page 2!! lol It must be the January factor :)

My WI went ok, I lost 1.5lb. I was very pleased to have lost but I was hoping to have dropped the weight I put on at Christmas. That other 1lb will have to wait now until next WI, and I hope it takes a lot of it's friends with it when it goes :)

I went swimming yesterday, and again today. Yesterday afternoon I really felt it in my arms, legs and pretty much everywhere. Considering I am working this evening for 9.5 hours in hindsight maybe I should have given it a miss today haha, but you've gotta live life on the edge haven't you?

I won't get home until midnight tonight, but aim to do Wii fit when I get back. By the time I have done that and had a bath I won't be up until late, and I have weekly shop to do tomorrow, so not sure if I will get time for another swim. But fingers crossed! I have a chance as I don't start work until gone 15.00.

I really need to start wearing my goggles when I swim as I am sitting here and much of the screen is blur!

Hope the snow isn't causing anyone any problems. We've had next to nothing here throughout all of the Winter - just enough to ice up the pavements and roads, not enough to enjoy and have any fun with Grrrr.

Hi!

Well done on your loss that is great!

Yes it was my first weigh in I paid for a 12 week count down. It didn't go too bad not exactly the best time to be weighing in (in the evening having eaten loads of food and drunk a lot of water) but hey!

Bye for now! :)

Hi all

This snow is fun eh? I am in Kent and just heard on the weather that we are in for a lot worse the next couple of days!

Wednesday I started work at 1400 and was meant to finish at 23.30, but didn't get done until 05.30 lol. As I'm sure you all know by now I am a High Speed train driver, and the trains aren't too fond of the snow and ice! I was stuck behind several failed trains on my trip back to Faversham for about 4 hours, then when I got there my 300 odd passengers found out that there were no trains, buses or taxis to take them onward and they all wanted to go down the coast toward Whitstable, Herne Bay, Birchington, Margate, etc. So I ended up taking the train all the way down the coast to drop them off. Some of them had been on trains for over 8 hours! How awful for them eh? But all's well that ends well and I think they knew what we had done for them (which was VERY naughty so don't tell anyone as we aren't meant to work over 12 hours, and are meant to have breaks every x hours both of which went out the window lol) as they were very thankful when they got off. Not sure I would be thanking anyone after that dire service!

I've been swimming three times this week, still enjoying it. It is a bit of a pain to get swimming in on top of work, home life and other things too. May not renew my pass, as it is easier to Wii fit of an evening and cycle again when the weather turns.

Anyway, early days I have 4 or so months left of free swimming before I have to choose anything :)

I have my in-laws over tomorrow if they can get here through the snow. We are doing a late-Christmas get together and having a buffet lunch/dinner. There is a lot of naughty food for them but I have made sure we have lots of SW friendly stuff for us (well, me!) - boiled eggs, savoury rice, salad stuff, Quorn cocktail sausages, Quorn savoury eggs, pickled quails eggs, pickled onions, and more too! I plan on definitely sticking to plan. Only Pepsi Max for me to drink.

I'm about to do the Wii fit for the first time in a long time. If I don't make it back on here, it's been a privilege and an honour to know you all :)

ttfn

ah Dave you are a star train driver! Bet your passengers were feeling pretty desperate!
Hope the buffet goes well, it sounds as if you and your wife are well organised. have a lovely day.

Hi Dave, I just wanted to pop by and say well done on your weightloss so far! You are doing so well!

I'm in Kent too, Canterbury actually (I used to live in Faversham actually, St Anne's Rd), the weather is dire if you need to get anywhere! But otherwise it's fantastic! If you can get out in the snow over the weekend to play/build snowman that would be a fun way to burn calories?

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Choc

Back