Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Sadly the buffet was cancelled as the in-laws didn't want to risk travelling to and from ours in the snow. Of course, the problem with that is that we ended up with lots of buffet food and no buffet!

We froze what we could, and had a buffet with what was left (the four of us and our neighbour too). I stuck to plan, using 9 syns for 6 Quorn savoury eggs, and adding some boiled potatoes and pickled quail's eggs to my usual salad. Yummy! I managed to keep away from the pork pies which is a good thing as like with Pringles, once I pop ...

Was sitting around yesterday afternoon just getting bored, and I suggested we all go swimming. And swimming we went! That is the first time (shamefully) that we have been all together. Had a great time. Although I didn't get any real swimming done, I felt that all the moving around in the water would have been mildly better for me than sitting on my bum at home.

I wanted to do Wii fit again last night but ended up working this morning so had an early night. One of my colleagues lives a long way from the depot and had doubts as to whether he would make it in so I offered to do his duty today and he can owe me a day off another day.

Of course I have been rewarded for my good behaviour this morning with a 1.5lb weight increase lol. Not to worry though, only my Tuesday evening WI really counts.

All I do today is bring a couple of trains out of the sidings ready for passenger service (one down, one to go!), then work two trains Faversham to St Pancras and back, home in time for dinner.

That is unless it snows again in which case I'll be lucky to get home today at all haha.

Hope you're all enjoying the snow. Personally I feel it has worn out it's welcome and I can't wait to see the back of it.

Shame the buffet didn't go to plan but sounds like you were pretty good! I think i must be going stir crazy cos i scoffed a load of xmas leftover choccies and had lager too!! Way over on syns:(
Hope the train journeys are ok, it's melted a lot here but i hear it's worse in Medway etc. Don't get stuck!

By the way, well done on your family swim, great idea and i know it's something you'll do again, we used to go most weeks with our kids when they were younger and it's a great family time.

Just a flying visit as I'm off to bed!! Will do a proper update tomorrow from work if I can get on the PC.

WI night tonight, and I lost 4.5lb, which I was VERY pleased about. I'm now 3.5lb under the weight I was before Christmas which is fantastic. One more pound and I have my 4 stone award, which will be good as I tile my awards as my desktop wallpaper and it will be nice to have a change of scenery lol.

Hope you're all back into the swing of things ♥

Fabulous Dave, well done. I dont comment much (or at all?!) really on here but I read your diary everyday. I dont know why but its fascinating haha. Best of luck with the rest of your journey and that 1lb and more will be off by next week. Aimee x

Fantastic loss Dave, well done!! Won't be long to we will be seeing that 4stone sticker on your signature strip! xx

Thanks for your lovely posts, I am still very happy about last night's WI result. I was expecting maybe 2.5/3lbs so to get that much was superb!

I've been swimming most days (didn't spend £100 on a free swimming pass for it to not get used lol) and will be off there again in a moment. I'm doing about half hour in the pool. If I was paying for my visit I would probably want longer but as I go most days I don't feel under any pressure to get my money's worth haha. I started out doing mostly breast stroke, as I found crawl to be so tiring, but I am now doing one length breast stroke and one length crawl alternately. My goal, and I don't think it will take long, is to build up enough fitness and stamina to just do half hour consecutive crawl. After I reach that I may lengthen my stay in the pool, will decide at the time.

It still annoys me that I spent so long hating the idea of swimming, when obviously it is very good for me, but I am very pleased I got over it. Funny thing, mental hurdles!

I can't wait for this snow to stop, I want to get out cycling again!! No way am I going out when the roads are icy, and I'm not overkeen on getting out there when it is so cold either lol, although if the roads cleared up I would give it a go out of desperation!!

I am going to book my bike in for a service so that it is ready as soon as the weather is.

I have decided not to go ahead with the sponsored 100km ride in June. I can't do it on my mountain bike, and really can't afford a road bike between now and then. Maybe I'll look into it the following year.

I have one of my favourite dinners this evening, spaghetti carbonara, and I already can't wait lol.

Be good, and if you can't be good, be on plan! ♥

I'm just back from swimming again, I've been a lot this week.

Today I found myself in the 'lane swimming' section, and it is a scary place lol. Everyone so serious, you have to go up one side down the other. But I loved it. Makes you push yourself that little bit harder. Have to keep up with the guy in front, not let the one behind you catch you lol. And when you catch up to one of the slower swimmers you have to find the energy to go up a gear and get past them while not looking totally shattered hehe. Can't wait til next time :)

I have noticed muscles in my stomach that I have never had before, at my sides too!! And the other day, just for a laugh actually, I tried to do a press up. Haven't been able to do one of those for YEARS!! Not easy when you are 25 stone. I did 5 pretty easy and only stopped due to the shock of it haha.

Not sure how my weight loss is going this week as I've been getting up at stupid o'clock for work and it always throws my weigh in off a little, but I have stuck to plan 100% and swam a lot. I feel great, regardless of the show on the scales. Never felt this good in fact for a long long time. Or perhaps ever :)

Thank you SW for opening my eyes to a world I have never seen or felt before!! And thank you all for the lovely and encouraging comments you have left since I found Slimming World.

Oh and by the way, loads of my Slimming World friends have joined me on FB and you're welcome to join me too - search for 'Laddiesboy' or just click the blue facebook link on the left under my name :)

I'm having a phenomenal week, possibly the best week since I joined SW in fact!

It's a number of things really ...

> I have noticed that I now have less than 100lbs to lose to rech my goal. My goal weight isn't set in stone I will decide when I get nearer but I chose a goal weight that got me within a healthy BMI range, and I have less than 100lbs now to reach it

> I tried my wedding ring on yesterday. When I bought it it was too small for my finger. I did it on purpose so that I would have to lose weight for my wedding day!! The day before my wedding it didn't fit, the day of my wedding it did lol. But from the following day, and ever since, it hasn't. Yesterday it fitted. It was a little tight, but it fitted. Of course, when I reach my goal it will be too loose, but I don't mind that at all I will wait til then and get it resized.

> And finally, for now anyway, I was looking at a site the other day to do with BMI, and noticed that I am a cat's whisker away from becoming "moderately obese". I would imagine most people would be horrified with such a claim, but this is a double improvement for me as i started two levels higher than that at the maximum when I was 24st 13lb!!

I was 19st 8.5lb this morning, it doesn't seem that long ago I was excited to be getting into the 19stones from the 20stones, and I am already staring down the barrel of the 19st 7lb milestone. I have WI on Tuesday, and if I lose minimum of 1lb, which I should, I will pick up my 4 stone award. Bring it on!

I have arranged to drop my bike off tomorrow morning to get it serviced, and I will be collecting it again sometime Tuesday. I can't wait to get out riding again.

Only problem now is ... how do I fit in swimming, wii fit, cycling AND badminton to my week?

And if that is my only problem, then I really don't have any problems :)

Thanks slimmer 2010.

I had another great swim yesterday, still alternating lengths with front crawl / breast stroke but starting to find the crawl lengths less tiring now. And my swimming technique seems to be improving itself too!

I'm off to the bike shop soon to drop off my bicycle for a much needed cycle. Get my brakes, gears, etc all adjusted and tightened up ready for me to start riding properly again :)

All day yesterday I had a sore neck, struggled to look left or down for some reason. Same today :( Think I may have pulled a muscle somehow. Very painful, grrrr. Gonna chow down on some ibuprofen and pick up some deep heat cream or something when I am out.

I'm wondering if I should have given swimming a miss yesterday. Mind you, in the pool it felt alright, just mild pain. Which is good, as I plan to swim again this afternoon lol.

I'm off work today and tomorrow which is great as the early mornings start to grate on you after a while. And WI tomorrow!!

WOW Dave I am loving your enthusiasm !

I had a nasty shock last week of a 3 pound gain. I had quite bizzarely sts christmas,newyear and my birthday so although i had been mostly good I think my body was rebelling. But it helped me refocus and like you have a great week even coping with a family party which i did all the cooking and there were many many many naughty treats but also SW friendly food too!

Let's hope we both have incredible wi's this week

Teresa

hi Dave, good to hear everything is still going well (apart from the neck pain!!). Your BMI is way lower than it used to be and wearing your wedding ring soon will be great.
Have you been buying lots of new clothes?, with almost 4 stone gone you'll need them:)

Teresa, sorry to hear about your 3lb gain, though as you say it may be the festive period slowly catching up with you. Fingers crossed you will lose some or all of it on your next WI. I put on 2.5lbs over Christmas in the end, and it took me two weeks to shift it, but all gone now. Have a great week :)

Bayside, sadly my neck is still hurting but I am taking ibuprofen which seems to help a little. I don't think it's as bad as it was so hopefully it's on the mend. I have swam twice since it started to hurt and in the pool it feels fine for some reason lol. It's only when I get out and start to dry that it hurts again :(
I haven't bought any more clothes yet, and I don't plan on doing so until I absolutely have no other choice. Even then I may trawl the charity shops. I still have a loarge box of clothes that are too small for me and I try them all on 1st of each month, rescuing items from it as and when they start to fit again. Until I get to goal I shall make do with old clothes/charity shop/etc but when I get to goal I am gonna have a complete clear out and treat myself to a new wardrobe :)

WI tonight, if my home weighs are anything to go by I might lose 3lb, which would be great. I need to lose 1lb to get my 4 stone award, so touch wood I should be picking that up this evening!!

I am off for a swim soon, then this afternoon I should be collecting my bike from it's service, and I can't wait!! Gonna turn up there fully kitted out, and just go for a ride somewhere - don't care where!

I've decided I will be doing the charity ride in June, but unlike the original plan I will be doing it on my mountain bike. I may be the only one who doesn't have a road bike but I can't afford one, so tough luck lol.

Hi all, just a quick visit!

I'm back from WI, lost 3lb this week which I'm very pleased with - I got my 4 stone award too :)

More good news ... I collected my bike from Halfords earlier, fully serviced and good as new, decided to get the ball rolling immediately and cycled it the 9+ miles home. Sadly though I got a blowout about halfway home, middle of nowhere lol. Good thing I carry a spare tube with me and tyre changing tools or I'd have been in deep doodoos!

Hope you're all having good weeks, and good luck for your WIs ♥

WOW amazing 4 stone award incredible!

Can you tell I am impressed

That is amazing and well done on getting your bike back and getting right back on and i think it is great you are going for the charity ride after all how far is it?

Hope you have another fab week.

I have done something daring and stopped weighing at home !!!!! Hubby has hidden the scales and he is very good at hiding things !

So off to weigh in tomorrow with not a clue what the scales will say but confident that I have been OP.

Teresa

Wow Teresa you are brave ... I couldn't cope without my daily weigh lol. I hope the scales tomorrow at WI reflect a good week and give you a nice loss. Look forward to reading how you did :)

Wow - Your doing amazingly well! Your posts have made me want to get my bathing suit out and hit the swimming pool, Its free under my gym membership so I might just have to do it =]

Back