Day 1 and giving me a chance

Discussion in 'Exante - Diaries' started by Delicious-Jax, 20 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    shakes of various companies I have gathered up
    19 weeks, it's not long at all really, is it?
    Especially to undo the ''damage'' to my self-esteem, shape and my life.

I have been a serial dieter for most of my adult life, promised myself every January 1st that this will be the year when......you know the rest, I'm sure!

This Jan 1st was no different and I made a half-hearted attempt andfailed a few days later.

I had been offered a referal by a consultant to see another consultant for obesity surgery...either a band or gastric bypass. I refused, at first, saying I couldn't believe I had got myself in such a state that I needed surgical intervention. My pride wouldn't allow me to take that route.

Then, a few weeks later, I changed my mind, I wrote a letter to the consultant asking if he would refer me after all.

Then, 10 days ago I decided I will give it another go, I don't want to be so out of control that I need Bariatric surgery....this is something I need to conquer within myself.
    I haven't written, again, to the consultant....just in case I do not succeed!;)

But, so far, in 10 days I have lost 15lbs!
    I started at 20 stones and this morning I am 18.13.:)

I see my consultant on May 25th...to see how my Hiatus hernia is (which is just a small hernia) and to have him refer me to the Bariatric surgeon..I will be a lot smaller than the last time he saw me and , hopefully, I will not meet the criteria for having obesity surgery.
    :D
    So, that's me so far.
    I'm looking forward to feeling a whole lot better and having a life...no more hiding indoors and no more fearing summer because I can't find anything that fits.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. muddy.bootz

muddy.bootz Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I found your post by accident but I'm very glad I did because you are an inspiration. You should be very proud of yourself. I know you will do it!

4. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Fantastic! Well done!! Keep up the good work xx

5. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Awwww, thanks girls. Much appreciated. x

6. Miss Mac

Miss Mac Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(17.72%)
    Diet:
    TFR
    What a great story....your determination to do this by yourself is great. I am sure you will do it. It is certainly tough and some times are tougher than others, but the people on here are great for encouragement and motivation to keep you going.

You will be able to tell your consultant thanks but no thanks to the op when you next see him....you will be doing just fine by yourself!!....xxx

7. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Well done on the loss so far - bet you're looking forward to telling the surgeon "thanks, but no thanks"

xxx

8. slimmer bridezilla

slimmer bridezilla Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Diet:
    exact vlcd to kick start then slimming world
    You've made a fab start and your post is very inspiring - given your determined attitude I am sure you'll do it too

9. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Thank you *slimmer-bridezilla* , am focused on one day at a time...even though I am counting down the weeks !!

Tried on a pair of trousers that ,previously,went on but, couldn't do the zip up or fasten...well, I am sitting here with them on today. They zipped up with ease and just a bit of a tug to hook them but, they are comfy and not cutting in, so a good result !!
    So happy I can throw out the size 24's I have been wearing for ages, was getting embarrassing keep wearing them but, was never going to buy the next size up.

I am in need of a new wardrobe but, what do you do when you know your weight is going to reduce rapidly? Might go to Asda and see what they have? So fed up of wearing black all the time...feel so good at the moment, haven't felt this well in a long time!

10. charlie-farley

charlie-farley Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    well done on your weight loss hun!!! Its a fantastic feeling to get into clothes you couldnt get into before, enjoy that feeling!

Can i ask how you get one of those tickers?

11. Miss Mac

Miss Mac Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(17.72%)
    Diet:
    TFR
    well done on getting into the trousers chick....feels great dont it!! Im sure you will be going down sizes really quickly so dont go buying a whole new wardrobe just yet hey!!..xxx

12. mygoodnessme

mygoodnessme Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ooh, what a lovely feeling! A new wardrobe for summer - now that is something to aim for. You are doing amazingly :worthy:

13. pocahantas/Victoria

pocahantas/Victoria Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.74%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi

Your diary is amazing, and so inspiring ...i really believe you will get there :)

im an ebay fan and charity shopoholic... you can get great clothes hardly worn...especially in posh areas where the lovely ladies wear things once and give to charity..it may help as you lose ur weight rapidly :)

14. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Whoopsie-daisy !
    Out of ketosis this morning....serves me right as I had a litre of fizzy water with orange juice in it.....thought I might be able to sneak it past my body but, clearly not !!!
    Oh well, lesson learned!

Off to work now, catch up later. x

15. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Welcome and good luck Jax!

16. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Had a difficult day today, felt absolutely exhausted and drained. Feel down, too. I know I should expect these feelings but, doesn't make it any easier, does it? Just have to ride with it.
    Good news is I am back in Ketosis...seems I only popped out of Ketosis for a few hours.
    Going to make a shake now, have more water and just take it easy over the next couple of days. Heading towards completing week 2.. then 'only' 18 weeks to complete....I will do it, I really will. x

17. Smallerme

Smallerme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    You are doing really well, there will be tough days but you're getting through them and really doing this. Keep going.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Ahh thanks *Smallerme*.
    It's lovely having a forum where we can 'meet' to talk with each other...all knowing how the highs and lows get you on a daily basis!

20. Delicious-Jax

Delicious-Jax Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Good morning ladies,
    Wanted to comment on a lot of your diary entries but, as usual, am running late.:rolleyes:

Will have a good read when I get home and settle down with a bar and a coke zero...heaven!

Just noticed my ticker says I have lost 22lbs! I wish !! Lol. I will sort that out when I get home.
    Have a lovely sunny day everyone....remember together we can do this:grouphugg:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

21. springermad

springermad Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Fantastic story keep going you will succeed but take it a day at a time.

22. charlie-farley

charlie-farley Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    you will do it jax!!!!, there will be down times but thats why its good to get it out on here! You've done so well and 18 weeks really is no time at all when you think what you will have achieved xoxoxo

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.