Day 1 and giving me a chance

Sweet dreams doll xx

A good morning to one and all ! I know we shouldn't but, I had to get on the scales and was pleased to see 7lbs gone already, though I can't rely on my scales as they are just cheap ones and a bit scatty !
Will weigh myself Saturday at the swimming pool as they have those hi-tech ones .

Will be great if I can reach my first goal of a 10lb loss by then.

Delicious-Jax said:
A good morning to one and all ! I know we shouldn't but, I had to get on the scales and was pleased to see 7lbs gone already, though I can't rely on my scales as they are just cheap ones and a bit scatty !
Will weigh myself Saturday at the swimming pool as they have those hi-tech ones .

Will be great if I can reach my first goal of a 10lb loss by then.

Woo what great news :D kinda makes it worth it eh xxx

Sure does, Miss-G.......I love the fast weight losses, just ccan't be waiting for 1 or 2 pounds a week.

Still hungry this evening, need to check the ketostix as haven't even checked those since starting.
I had to run a cookery group today and it was hard, I wont lie. I did have a few strawberries with a dollop of yoghurt....and some ham, not at the same time, though !!

Maybe that's what has set the hunger off? I tried hard to resist but , when helping my group to chop strawberries and the pineapple up...I just lost it and made the decision to have some.

Anyway, tis done now and it could have been a lot worse, I could have dived into their Shepherds Pie !:0

I'm off swimming in the morning at 7am....will have my breakfast strawberry shake after. Am trying very hard, not to let people see I am, yet again, on Exante...just don't want to see those looks of ''she wont last long on it again''....so am a secret dieter at the moment. :)

Yay ! The ketostix say Yes ! A nice shade of plum.So silly not to have tested myself a couple of days ago as I am sure the knowledge of being in ketosis would have been a bit of a comfort when struggling with the hungers pangs !!

Ah well, am comforted now !

Sounds like you are doing great Jax and 7lb lost already is fantastic. I bet you are going to have an excellent weigh in day!! Stay strong chick..xxx

Congratulations on the ketosis front Jax and well done for keeping up the swimming. I would love to get back into it but just have zero body confidence in a costume!! Need to find a swimsuit i really like i think which will help. Now to get online shopping...... xx

Ooooh not a good day, feelings of weakness all day. Have taken annual leave for tomorrow so I can rest as much as possible whilst going through this faze.

Only managed 30 minutes of swimming this morning...which probably hasn't helped my energy levels.

Not giving in though, just have to make sure I have all my packs at regular times and drink enough. Have had 2 bolied eggs and some ham to see if that helps but, to be honest, hasn't made any difference !

Another early night is on the cards but, am pleased with myself so far.
Blasted electronic scales at the swimming pool were still broken ! Grrr ! Don't want to rely on my scales at home as they are all over the place, they said I weighed 12 st this morning !!! I wish !!!

Delicious-Jax said:
Ooooh not a good day, feelings of weakness all day. Have taken annual leave for tomorrow so I can rest as much as possible whilst going through this faze.

Only managed 30 minutes of swimming this morning...which probably hasn't helped my energy levels.

Not giving in though, just have to make sure I have all my packs at regular times and drink enough. Have had 2 bolied eggs and some ham to see if that helps but, to be honest, hasn't made any difference !

Another early night is on the cards but, am pleased with myself so far.
Blasted electronic scales at the swimming pool were still broken ! Grrr ! Don't want to rely on my scales at home as they are all over the place, they said I weighed 12 st this morning !!! I wish !!!

Aw sorry your feeling poo :( a days rest sounds like a great plan. Hope you feel better soon hun.

Oh, can I lend your scales? 12 stones my goal lol xx

Awoke feeling a tad better but, have to admit to having a small bowl of cornflakes at 3am this morning, was just feeling very weak ....maybe my sugar levels just fell too low after a longtime of eating high carbs?

I'm sure I will even out after a week or two.

Just about in Ketosis at the moment, just have to hope it stays that way.
Had my first pack and a coffee and am confident will be ok today:)

Still feel a bit strange (no change there then !) so will have 4 packs today at regular intervals and just toodle around my flat....I need to have a go at the garden, so will do that when I , finally, rev up the old body and get me going!

Haven't bothered weighing myself as scales are a tad temperamental !

So how did the rest of the day go Jax?

Maybe if you need a bit of a sugar boost you could try having a spoon of real sugar in your tea...it might just give you the little perk up you need when you are feeling like that.

Sounds like you are still doing great though hun. Lets just get through the weekend and we can cross another obstacle off the list!!

When are you going to weigh in then chick? Are you not itching to see how much you have lost in your first week? xxx

Morning at last!
Had a rough old night, I swear every bone in my body ached all night ! But , morning has arrived and am getting ready to go swimming.
My Internet connection is down, so am having to use phone to access everything, which is a lot slower !

I am going to weigh myself at chemist near the pool , the one at the pool has been broken for a while.......have to ask everytime I go "is it fixed yet"? Clearly it's too much trouble to put a sign on it !

Ended up having another small bowl of cornflakes yesterday as felt awful, feel betteer today but, have knocked myself out of Ketosis. Will pick up some coke zero and some eggs today as a better option.
Will try half a teaspoon sugar in a coffee if feel like that again? Will try and keep up with diary over weekend on phone...

Sounds like you still have a really good plan Jax and are making some sensible coices so well done you!!

Hope you have a good swim and I cant wait to hear what the scales say!! xxx

Woo-hoo!
Went shopping centre and got weighed on one of their all singing and dancing scales and weigh 11 lbs less...they are the same scales as at the swimming pool, so hope the weightloss is a correct measurement. I have lost 3 inches of my waist and 2 inches off my hips.

Got coke zero's and sugar free boiled sweets , so shall be able to control the urge to nibble more.

So first goal achieved :)

Brilliant news Jax, I am so pleased for you!! And inches aswell as poundage...yay you!!! Keep it up chick, that is a great start!! xxx

A funny old day, thought about food all day long, made small attempts at keeping busy but, still feeling a bit weak...not as bad as before but, not up to par.

Going swimming in the morning with a friend who totally disapproves of this diet. So, can't really say much to her about feeling a bit rough round the edges as she will guess what I am up to, as she has seen me on this diet around 4 times before now.

Anyway, will just have to keep up the pretence for as long as I can...which wont be easy as she has invited me out to dinner tuesday evening, have turned down 3 invites already, so have to go so as to keep my cover !! Then next weekend is my birthday and another friend has now told me that we are going to France for the weekend...as lovely as that is, I really would rather not as I don't want to break this diet at the moment.
Will just have to start all over again after my break away !! Why is it that everyone hates this diet? Would be so much easier if I could just say I'm on a VLCD . Sheesh!

Jax, just tell them that this diet is less unhealthy than being overweight!! And that the health benefits of even losing a couple of stone by doing this diet greatly outweigh the risks of still being that couple of stone overweight!
Either that or just tell them you are an adult and are quite capable of making your own informed choices!
I am sure some people only slate this diet because they dont actually want you to get thinner. More to do with their own insecurities!
Be strong Jax, you are doing so so well xxx

You are so right , LadyGaga,
hy do I feel guilty for trying to do the best for me? !

Went swimming this morning, before work, and was very hungry an hour after! Luckily I had put a boiled egg and some ham in a container, expecting the hunger monster to being having a roar at me.

Having said that , I haven't done so well today, more WS than anything else, would like to stick to TS but, it's not really happening. Will see what the weightloss is on friday morning and see if this gets me 4lbs a week losses?

No naughty foods have passed my lips over the past 10 days though and that really is a break through for me. I would have broken a diet by day 5. Even though I do feel hunger at some points inthe day, I am managing far better than I anticipated. :)

very proud of you indeed Jax....great work. Stock up on your eggs and ham and ditch those cornflakes now!

Back