Day 1 attack and newby!

I'm almost at the end of day four Attack and I'm feeling rather bloated......! I had a little red chilli & corriander on my grilled chicken and I'm paranoid that I've messed the whole thing up! I'm sure it read that that was ok though....? To scared to weigh myself until Monday morning which will be 1 week!
;)

Take some suger free jelly made up for your BBQ unless a sweet fix happens ;)

X

Is jelly allowed?? could I have the heartless really low fat ready made pots too then?? What a treat!!!!

It's the sugar free powdered sachet ones only I think? X

Yes, get onto that sf jelly! You can also mix in a pot of quark, yoghurt or fromage frais and let it set as a mousse. Delicious!

Yes, get onto that sf jelly! You can also mix in a pot of quark, yoghurt or fromage frais and let it set as a mousse. Delicious!

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yes, Dukanista that sounds amazing to take with me tonight!! How do I make it up?xx

Hiya catz!

I can't find the original recipe anywhere, but here is one that looks similar:

http://www.handbag.com/evening-bag/...an-diet-lemon-extravaganza-mousse-recipe.html

I make a simpler one without the egg whites, basically just making up my jelly mix, adding flavoring and sweetener, then beating in a tub of quark or fat free fromage frais (try saying that in a hurry!). Then set in pots in the fridge. I like lemon and lime flavoring (you can grate in a bit of zest), but you can use anything. There is a chocolate mousse recipe around that I never tried... Just search the dukan forum.

Enjoy!

Hope ok to join with you all, starting over and lately was not hungry eating prob 1100-1200 but no weight loss i know from past did it at 1500-1600 and lost every two days. Is this the issue u think too less food. Today forcing more and cause hungry than ever been so hopeing ok idea to eat more since low isn't causing anything and not eveing losing actually retaining water.

Hi and welcome to the forum, natosha!

It's frustrating to be cutting back on food and not losing weight. Hard to guess why, though, without knowing your 'history' with dukan and what you're eating. But I'm sure if you start a diary and post your daily menus, we can share our experiences and maybe give a few tips? There are some amazing people here who have helped and supported me loads, and I'm sure they can do the same for you!

Looking forward to reading you,

Cx

Week 1st weigh in today and I have list 8lb!!! OMG! Maybe it's all water, but I'm still very very happy! Thanks everyone for your support! Xxxxxx

Brilliant, saskia! Onwards and downwards :)

My day normally is filled with tea splenda salt substitute, pork leanest type as lean as chicken breast, and chicken breast. I oddly hooked to just that.

Keeping it simple yet love roasting for a great falvor of each.

my meals normally

breakfast- 2 cups tea with 2 splenda packets
16oz water
8oz chicken breast
salt substitute

lunch- 2 tea and splenda
8oz chicken breast
salt substitute
4oz pork loin tenderloin

tea splenda

dinner- 2 tea splenda
16oz water
10oz chicken breast
pork loin 8oz
salt substitute

noramally love eating a large dinner

tea and splenda

the tea - helps digestion so never constipated and digest all this protein.

total day calories would be 1139-1150 area going by a program had for while so may be not quite accurate tho it is close cause the scale I always few point oz's less than the real total amount( example- 8 oz is more like 7.70 oz or 7.95 oz) so I guess its all equal.

and no added salts herbs spices, only carbs having from tea and splenda which is perfect amount sweetness and don't have an appetite as much with tea in my day.

I do about 10 minutes jumping jacks and run/jog in place mix. and during day since sedentary I do some after my meals leg lifts each side and 2 mini light jog help digest this food as well.
I don't now maybe cause near my goal that just need 5lbs down and maybe thats the reason? However, I know i did 1500-1600 and lost every other day a whole pound, was so close to my goal but i than had crave for fatty meats and got off the plan. Wonder if that is whats slowing me down not eating enough?

Hi natosha,

Your eating plan sounds fine for pp, although possibly the pork has too much fat content? I'm not quite sure where Dr. D stands on that at the moment. And you're doing daily exercise too, which is great - although maybe you should fit in some longer walks or other cardio (30-40 mins) a few times a week if you've stalled?

Are you drinking plenty of water? I would also take a look at the salt substitute as it might not be completely sin-free, and you might be retaining some water.

But I think you're probably right about the last 5lbs being the hardest to lose. I know I was following exactly the same eating plan at the start of the diet, but the last few pounds took forever to shift. But strangely enough, I was feeling and looking thinner. So try also taking measurements (or regular checks with an item of clothing) to see if you are losing but just not showing on the scales yet.

Keep it up, anyway: you know it will work eventually, you may just need to be patient!

Cx

nope very low fat pork 2.5 like same as chicken but actually woke up 3lbs lighter so guess on right way lol tho do feel hungry today and reason before my mom got me salty chicken which never knew they made from sams clube so i told her to have that and got chicken no salt or anything so now i guess that was the issue i was holding water weight. Now i'm down weight and on the right path again :) just 2lbs from my goal now lol yippie! so guess tho today do feel hungry been at 1145 calories yesterday wonder if moving up now that having non loaded with salt lean meat chicken and pork would do any harm i mean the last time lost as well at that point even raised it daily and still lost. lol guess have try and see. but what do you think?

Well done on the 3lbs! I can't really say about upping the calories, though: with dukan most of us don't count calories as you shouldn't need to. As long as you're sticking to attack/ cruise allowed foods, you should be fine to eat how much you want.

True Dukanista for some reason I have this urge that its calories, but than again I take a look at having the same calories in the past with low calorie eating egg whites, sugar free pudding and like sugar free ice cream whee there is carbs and no fat yet always seem to get constipated on that stuff and the salt was a problem as well gained tons water weight. I seem to have sensitivity to salt that one extreme touch over 1500 or more at 2000 a big leap adds water weight around my tummy. Howevwer, big difference once drop it and keep to naturally in the food without no addition nothing added (simple plan) I end up losing that and back on track:)

I do tho notice my energy tiny bit less which norm, noticed that before that even tho it may seem odd but everything from the past doing this plan. When I end up losing, my appetite increases as well. Therefore in the past I was like at the beginning having 1400 calories than I moved up to 1500 than too 1600 and was still losing same amount same speed. I guess I get scared and after trying other things finding out that calories need to play some role or something, makes me get the idea all food choices are the same. However, I get the feeling it is totally wrong. lol

I do notice today my appetite increaseing faster and faster. Thinking try more tomorrow, since my gut is grumbling faster than normal and end up laying down all day till my next meal. I really don't want to make myself suffer to lose weight, reason why I figure this be the plan for me. Stay full with no weighing food or counting. Even though right now I am. Guess want to track a little to see what stalls me or what happens that it causes issues or problems with my body when added.

THough I think I really need more than what having cause I am getting super hungry during the day and feeling like I'll be up at night thinking about breakfast wishing it to come faster..

I guess go with the body and if anything see how well it works, since it don't seem to be a problem in the past as well as easy to drop back down as it proved by just droping salt in one day :)

thank you <3

So, i havnt posted this week as ive been cross with the dukan...!!

Saturday i had a few drinks (vodka and diet lemonade) having had a few weeks with no drink and no carbohydrates i was terribly ill on sunday, my saturday night however seemed to stall my weight loss and when i weighed on monday i was back up to 13.3 which i was very miserable about.... I have done 4 days of pp with a very hard work out each night (insanity monday, steady jog tuesday, piloxing barre and then insanity last night and PT session tonight) i have managed to get back to 12.1 this morning which pleased me....but its so dull!!!!!!!

hope youre all feeling a little more inpired than me?!!xxx

I've been so uninspired I can't bring myself to start attack :( you have done really well though xx

I've been so uninspired I can't bring myself to start attack :( you have done really well though xx

Seems we're all feeling a bit un inspired :-(

xx

I always felt it was hard to do this approach, if your use to fatty meats. I use to love only doing fatty meats cause I enjoy only the real flavor that appears from roasting and searing fatty pork, steak, chicken, etc.. However, I noticed that I had to start by transforming what i love to something totally different. first I started by dumping all fat. Tho I craved for it! I started by eating anyting just keeping calories monitored, soon lost my appetite for so much food. However, no weight loss and never felt quite happy for a diet that doesn't only consist of meat. So, I find myself back on to a lean diet because I can have a larger portion of meat lean, and I feel I digest so much better without fiber. When I eat anythign with fiber, I end up constipated or heavier and bloated. That is why I prefer the attack phase even if it was atkins I rather do my version of meat diet!

Avoiding salt
Avoiding any real sugars
Avoiding anything other than real natural meat products with one name words- chicken.pork,beef etc..

For Dukan I find that since i did lose an appetite i keep my calories still under 1200 even though some days i do feel hungrier

However, I think might need to up my calories cause not losing anymore. I seem to have had better results at 1500-1600 calories a day and was fuller! I lost 1lb every two days so like half pound a day, not bad. Now I seem to be stuck at same weight, tho my waist and body has shrunk.

I do find that it is true that if ur so use to enjoying rich foods - nuts/fatty meats/cheeses/butter/cream etc.. it is hard and you begin to miss the rich roasted fatty crispy edges of meat or the chicken skin or wings that get a delicious flavor. ( sorry memories)

I guess it is hard to start but if you can season it as much as you like than you may find it to work. Unfortantely for me I'm in love without that much flavor and more from the meat itself roasted and plenty of splenda/sweet&low and tea helps alot.

still 2lbs to drop tho ok with inches lost as well as the 3 lbs too! :) just deffinitly feeling hungrier and achey like not feeding myself enough. I don't know if being so low for while will effect for adding in food . would love to get to the 1400-1600 area again. I know they say protein burns more being digested and metabolism boosts up. So I never seen words that it won't hurt. Plus past history proved it working too.

Guess need to just do it and not be afraid.

Back