Day 1

Lisy

Banned
Well after that debate I have decided to start exante tomorrow again and finally get going at long last. My Depression is well under control. My last G.P had no problem with me going CD. My doctor now is just against vlcds altogether. Before exante I was going to do CD and when I asked him to sign the medical form he was gonna charge me £30 he didn't say I couldn't do it then knowing he was lining his pocket. The only thing that's depressing me now is being the size of 2 people. Thanks everyone for your concern. :)

Hi Lisy,
Good luck with getting started on it again tomorrow. Remember, you can always add in some high protein /low carb food too, if you need a few more calories to support you, or go up to a fourth pack if you need to. The important thing is to look after yourself and find the way forward that's right for you. We'll all be here and do our best to support each other through our journeys. I hope you get into ketosis quickly, good luck xxx

Good luck Lisy...Dr's like that do not help. Log on here for support as we have all been there and know how you are feeling. Keep strong x

Just read your other post Lisy- do take care and see how you feel x

Thanks lady gaga. I will but I'm so looking forward to starting now. And Starlight has been brilliant. I have my OH and my mum to keep an eye on me. But I will know the warning signs myself if it makes me ill. I have given this diet a lot of consideration so I'm not entering it lightly. I'm sure I will be ok. Thanks anyway xxxx

I shall winge and moan on here I expect lol x everyone is great support on here. Thanks for your concern xx

Keep us posted on how you get on. The first few days are the toughest but try to keep focussed and stick to it and it soon passes. I find if I keep myself busy rather than sitting at home and dwelling on it then it's much easier. Have you got a goal in mind as often that helps too? Mine is to wear a bikini in Jamaica at the end of November....

Good for you. You will do it. We have no plans or holidays booked this year but all I know is I want to be slimmer for the summer. And just to go into any clothes shop and pick clothes in my size. At the moment I'm just wearing Evans specials lol x in a size 26. I'd be happy to be a size 18. I would never be able to wear a bikini. If I do lose the weight I will probably have a lot of lose skin. I currantly weigh 18 stone 2. I piled on the weight when I met my husband. Before that I was a size 12. I think I will ditch him split the house between us and have a gastric band fitted hahaha

Good luck by the way. Bet you are looking forward to Jamaica. Thatsca great incentive. Good luck Hun. How much have you lost so far?

Ohhhh Lisy...don't say that! You don't need a band or a new hubbie! Of course you can wear a bikini too! Why ever not? I wore a size 20 bikini on my honeymoon in the Maldives and didn't care one bit! I started off in size 26 bottoms only 5 weeks ago and my size 24's are now feeling rather loose as can get them off without undoing them and they aren't elasticated! I'm also still heavier than you weighing in at 19.3 on Monday so you can do it too chick! I've lost 1.5 stones so far in just 4 weeks and that's with having six AAM's on 6 occassions. Once you are in 'the zone' it becomes so much easier......

You going to start today then???

Hiya Lisy, I'm in the same boat as you hun. I believe you will be able to do it, I didnt think I would/could and thought I was going to quit midday on day 1 but I've just started day 3 (all with coming on blob on day 1 too...and wanting to eat everything in sight in the days leading up to it). I need my 1st March diet buddy to be with me...we can do it! Keep in touch x

Thanks girls. So were about the same ladygaga. Well done on your loss so far that's brilliant. And well done Rolls for sticking it out for 3 days.

I still don't know. I haven't started today I have woken up with a stomach upset. So I can't start today. Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks x good luck you two. x but I'm nervoous going without food I must admit. I just don't know whether I would be able to stick with it. Reading about a couple of people on here changing to SW has put me off a bit. It's obviously a tough diet and hard to stick to in the long term.

Lisy about 2 people have gone to SW there are still about 30 of us doing Exante. And it CAN be stuck to long term

Even if you have an upset stomach you can still start in fact if you've got an upset tummy you won't be eating anyway so why not have a pack.

You need to decide one way or another what you want to do and don't be put off by someone moving diets. People move diets every day on every board. There's people leaving SW for WW. CD for Exante. LL for Atkins the list is endless.

Have a look at the weekly wi threads or the team threads to see just why it's so worthwhile or for that matter at peoples signatures

There is only one way to see if any diet is for you and that's to try it yourself

Lisy said:
I still don't know. I haven't started today I have woken up with a stomach upset. So I can't start today. Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks x good luck you two. x but I'm nervoous going without food I must admit. I just don't know whether I would be able to stick with it. Reading about a couple of people on here changing to SW has put me off a bit. It's obviously a tough diet and hard to stick to in the long term.

When I was talking and worrying to my friends about doing this, one of my friends said, 'what's the worst thing you're going to do, eat?'. Just give it a try, chug the water and keep yourself busy and if you don't make it through then you've tried and then you can try something else.

I've got through this week by planning to have a piece of chicken for dinner every night but when it came to it, I didn't bother!

You'll be okay! Have some faith in yourself!

Yes my nerves have got the better of me. I should see for myself and not read into other peoples experiences so much. Like you say people change from SW to this diet. I just think I should give it a go and shut up about it now. And look at the positive diaries more. Like yours and cybills and the others. And like you I have to try it for myself first. It's great support on here so thanks x

Thanks nonnibear that's right I need to have faith and like you say the worst thing is I eat. I have just got my knickers in a twist. I feel embarrassed. I have made a fool of myself on here.

Lisy said:
Thanks nonnibear that's right I need to have faith and like you say the worst thing is I eat. I have just got my knickers in a twist. I feel embarrassed. I have made a fool of myself on here.

NO!!! You haven't made a fool of yourself at all!!! It's so scary and daunting because food is your crutch and you're taking it away. Please don't be embarrassed. xx

Back