Day 1

thanks for the reply, agreed it is definitely something i need to get sorted xx

You definitely need to be tested! If you have more than 1 gp at your practice, I'd demand to see another or even make a threat that you'll make a complaint. Or even change your gp altogether.

My symptoms are chronic dioreah (can never spell that). I take codeine to stop it, which I know isn't good long term. I've had it for 15 years now. Had various tests but it's been labelled as IBS. But it magically goes away when I do Atkins/low carb. Tried exclusion diets so I know it's something common to wheat, rice and potatoes.

You definitely need to be tested! If you have more than 1 gp at your practice, I'd demand to see another or even make a threat that you'll make a complaint. Or even change your gp altogether.

My symptoms are chronic dioreah (can never spell that). I take codeine to stop it, which I know isn't good long term. I've had it for 15 years now. Had various tests but it's been labelled as IBS. But it magically goes away when I do Atkins/low carb. Tried exclusion diets so I know it's something common to wheat, rice and potatoes.

How awful. Im the opposite I can go a week without going to the toilet. Some superdrug stores do allergy testing for 20 quid so might look into that. Tbh my doc is amazing usually. My mum is disabled and he has gone above and beyond to help her. This is the only problem ive had with him. He has put me on prescription for gluten free products.and told me not to eat it. But I guess he doesn't understand that when u haven't got a solid answer you feel like why should I bother. If that makes sense. Are you goin to start atkins then? I love atkins but being in ketosis makes me sick after a few weeks and I feel like im dying x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Please remember that Coeliac disease is not an allergy and cannot be tested by Superdrug, it is an auto immune disease and needs hospital antibody testing.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh poor u, yep mine is definitely wheat Im ok with potatoes and rice just wheat and gluten products. What type of eating plan are you following food wise? Are you ommitting the nasties ok?

I'm still eating carbs at the minute and taking the drugs. I'm addressing one problem at a time. I think losing all the weight first is the best way to go, once I have done that, I can see how 'well' I am and then see what I need to do to be at my 'best', if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking that maybe a year of eating really healthily will make a big difference to how well I feel too!

I'm still eating carbs at the minute and taking the drugs. I'm addressing one problem at a time. I think losing all the weight first is the best way to go, once I have done that, I can see how 'well' I am and then see what I need to do to be at my 'best', if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking that maybe a year of eating really healthily will make a big difference to how well I feel too!

I hope it all goes to plan for you sweetie xxx

Hope you are having a good weekend. X

Hope you are having a good weekend. X

Hi Linda, I'm back in ketosis and feeling much happier. I've decided to combine Atkins with juddd and see How I get on. Its looking like I will get a 3lb gain from the other days carb fest but where I was fretting about getting it off now I'm just relaxing back into it. Its set me back by a week and a lesson learned so I won't be doing that again. Weigh in Monday. X

After my binge I gained about 3lb too. It's coming off again this week tho now that I have settled back into it.

2lbs gain In the end from the 4lbs carb fest gain, and I haven't done a DD since. I've lost my mojo every day I start by doing a DD and cave. Im taking a few days off and following Atkins for now and will then try and do both once my mojo comes back. So for this week Atkins every day and will weigh in on Monday and take it from there. Will stay on this thread because I still want to do juddd but when I'm feeling it again. Have a goo day y'all. X

I did Atkins for a while a few years ago. I lost for the first couple of weeks but then stopped. I'm not very sensitive to carbs tho so wonder if that had anything to do with it. Good luck and keep posting how your doing.

I did Atkins for a while a few years ago. I lost for the first couple of weeks but then stopped. I'm not very sensitive to carbs tho so wonder if that had anything to do with it. Good luck and keep posting how your doing.

Thankyou Linda I will definitely do that. I'm enjoying eating. Just had sugar free jelly and cream. So nice not to be hungry x

lexie is right, when you're thinking of all the foods you want,and you're feeling like caving just remember you can have them tomorrow, good luck hun x

Thankyou my lovlies all going good so far yoday had boiled eggs and a teeny piece of corned beef. Feel really full so hoping not to have anything else today. :-D need to see a loss tmw. X

I haven't been too hungry today either. Hoping my stomach is shrinking.

Once you get your first DD under your belt, it gets much easier from there :)

Back