Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Morning lovely,

Sounds like you had a fab time with OH, and straight back on plan afterwards was amazing - it's so tricky, I know to get back in the zone, but you did it!

Having a STS goal for the month is great - December is busy all round and at least sticking with it in the week when you don't have things planned will minimise the potential for any gains.

Have a great day at the spa tomorrow!

xx

Thanks Flic xxx How was your weekend?? Bet you've stuck to plan the whole time, I'm very impressed by how you're handling all your nights out :)

Haha right you are!! Just read (and replied) to your updates. I should stay in really but I love the whole December thing, the excuses to go out and catch up with everyone and the lovely atmospheres...think I'm a bit addicted to Christmas!!

So exciting for you to be at maintenance now (well aside from your new lower target), I shall defo be coming to you for advice in the new year!

xx

Morning ladies!

3lbs off again this week!

Thanks for your advice. I think I'm just going to do the best I can and hope I don't put on too much weight. Got 2 things before my next weigh in so next Wednesday should be a good comparison.

I've organised a Christmas market (my job) and it's opened today and apparently I can have free carvery, mulled wine, goodies galore, Baileys hot choc etc etc bl**dy typical!!!

Fab night last night - I had my sister over and we went through my wardrobe completely. She's also on Cambridge but heavier than me so I gave her all the clothes I've recently not been able to wear as they've gotten too big (she's delighted with her entire new wardrobe!!). Anyway she made me try on literally everything I own and it all fits bar 1 pair of pants!!! I am officially a size 10 again yay!!! It's weird though as I wasn't a size 10 until I got down to about 9st 10 last time but I'm back in everything at 10st 7, not sure how that works but I'm having it! Might not need to go down to my target weight now as my aim was to get in a size 10 in any shop I went into and I must be very nearly there now. I have as we speak got on Banana Republic pants in a size 10 and their sizes tend to be on the small side - eeekkk!!!!

xxxx

glad you enjoyed the day off no point in eating a meal out and torturing yourself with every mouthful, well pround of you. think we re going to be doing a pretty similar plan over dec. you just given me the idea of a few days that are like fast days ie eat only the products think i ll borrow that as its excellent, just might help keep the partying at bay, am so looking forward to all the nights out now
jenxx

Hi Jen,

Haha never mind!

Eeek hope I'm not being a bad influence on anybody!!! I'm doing that as I don't want to resent this diet and if I miss a good night out or sit there pushing a lettuce leaf around my plate I may be in danger of just getting peed off with the whole thing. Don't get me wrong I have every respect for those who can do that (Flic I'm very impressed with how you've been!) but December is my favourite month and I love all the going out and (yes) eating and drinking! I will be 100% ss on say 25 days out of the month and I will have my 3 shakes a day for every single day but for my 5-6 planned days and nights I'm going to relax and have a good time. Life's too short to worry about a few lbs and I'll be 100% ss'ing after Christmas to get down to my final target.

I'm sorry if I'm promoting not doing this 100% but I would rather people know there's others who feel the way I do and that even if you do relax a little it's not necessarily the end of the world.

I do fully intend on going through the steps after Christmas and if it was at any other time of the year I would stick to it properly.

xxx

I don't think there's anything wrong with treating yourself now and again! I find if I've got a meal or something coming up which means I'll be off plan it gives me more motivation to stick with ss 100% the rest of the time! Xxxx

Here here!!! xx

you are planning to do the festive period in a way that works for you that is what is important (many roads to rome) think its a pretty good plan id be miserable if i didn t have my nights out, so thats why im doing a similar plan to you. damage limitation is the name of dec and im going to do my best to keep the gains at bay.
jenxx

Totally agree with you there Clare. I was so focussed (knowing that I was close helped) on getting to/near target that I ruled out most meals out/events. I know December will have a variety of opportunities to go out and see people but I am going to make sensible choices. I'm not much of a drinker so for me it'll be food that will be my downfall. Saying that though - I've learned so much during this process and I really think that given an unexpected meal opportunity (which is likely to happen!) I feel like I will be able to cope easily. I'm just lucky to have got somewhere near for the crazy month so that January i'll be working on the steps with any luck, rather than losses.

xx

Damage limitation I like it!!

Flic you've done so well and with the wedding next year I can see why you're so focused. I'm not much of a drinker either (I'm usually the driver, I've usually had enough after a glass or 2 of red and it seems a pity to stop someone else drinking for the sake of that!!!) - I like the idea of drinking far more than the event itself but I would like a glass or 2 of red when I go back to my wedding venue next week for dinner again (same place I went Friday) as I had a sip of OHs and it brought back so many memories of my wedding day!!! The food is soooo nice there that it seems a great pity to ask them to change anything or just give me some plain chicken :)

Steps rather than losses...I can't wait. I'm kicking myself for not starting this a month earlier as I would have been there by now!

xx

Yay for you!!! :D

I'm on my spa day tomorrow and despite all I've said in my last few messages I really need to be good. Off plan twice in a week is not my intention but will I be able to resist??? I love Jamie Oliver's food and the pasta dishes are fab...

I'll update you on Wednesday...

xx

Hi Jen, Haha never mind! Eeek hope I'm not being a bad influence on anybody!!! I'm doing that as I don't want to resent this diet and if I miss a good night out or sit there pushing a lettuce leaf around my plate I may be in danger of just getting peed off with the whole thing. Don't get me wrong I have every respect for those who can do that (Flic I'm very impressed with how you've been!) but December is my favourite month and I love all the going out and (yes) eating and drinking! I will be 100% ss on say 25 days out of the month and I will have my 3 shakes a day for every single day but for my 5-6 planned days and nights I'm going to relax and have a good time. Life's too short to worry about a few lbs and I'll be 100% ss'ing after Christmas to get down to my final target. I'm sorry if I'm promoting not doing this 100% but I would rather people know there's others who feel the way I do and that even if you do relax a little it's not necessarily the end of the world. I do fully intend on going through the steps after Christmas and if it was at any other time of the year I would stick to it properly. xxx

Hi Clare well done on your 3lb loss that's fab! I feel the same as you, december (and actually november too) there has been so much going on that I'm happy to maintain and ecstatic to loose anything at this point. Intend on hitting it hard in jan and also the days in December where not much is happening but I agree that it's not worth being glum at these events. As long as we r reigning it in after I c no issue esp at this time of year. I was on just packs for a friends hen do weekend and wedding a few years ago (with lighterlife) and as well as all the stressing leading up to it and the questions / comments from people etc I actually look back at that event and really regret not joining in and just enjoying it! Still everyone is different and yes there will be those who disagree and do it 100% I was one of them the first time round and I salute them! There amazing! But for me I know this is the best way forward for weight loss success. Your doing great girl! :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Willpowerwoman, I'm really glad someone else feels this way :)

Well Spa day yesterday. For a start it was a fab day and I didn't do tooo badly on the food front :/ I had 2 chocolate truffles and half a glass of Prosecco with the treatments. Then went Jamie's and had a fish stew which would have been fine except for the crostini with aioli on top which of course I ate and it was scrummy. Didn't have dessert or any other drinks except water. Also managed to walk past Pret A Manger and resist their hot chocolates and bakewell tarts which is definitely a mark of progress!!

Scales said 10st4 this morning, usually around 3-4lb heavier in the evenings so maybe a STS or small gain for my weigh in tonight...it's been worth it!

Haven't got anything on food wise this weekend, next 'event' is 5th December so I've got 9 days of 100% ss between now and then. I've then got planned days / nights on 10th, 13th, 17th, 20th and 21st then obviously 25th! I'm still going to ss in between and have my weekly weigh ins but, same as willpowerwoman, i'll be pleased with a STS. Would LOVE to get under the 10st mark by 5th December and then stay under that but I think that may be a bit too optimistic...we shall see!

Have a great Wednesday ladies!
xx

Spa sounds GREAT. Sounds like you had a great day - and made pretty good choices too!

Back to it today - well done.

Have a great Wednesday.

xx

Here's a quick question, when you look at yourselves do you think you look like you've lost weight? I have people telling me constantly that they see I have lost weight but I just don't see it myself, even when I dropped 2 stone in a matter of months last year I still couldn't see it!

Morning ladies!

Another 3lbs off last night - wasn't expecting that at all but I'm not complaining! My CDC gives these fridge magnets out for stone awards so I got my 2 stone one yay!!!

Sianjay - yes but not as much as I have! I think I still look like a size 12-14 but all my 10s (bar 1 pair of pants, still cant quite get them to fasten!) fit me...now 1 could be labelled wrong but not all of them! Think it's a common thing, maybe as the weight comes off so quickly. My sister only last week thought she was a size 20 but all my old 14s fit her!

You've lost nearly a stone, you should definitely be able to tell now especially as that is nearly 10% of your body weight!

xx

Oh and Flic you'll empathise with me on this one...I bought a gorg blazer in the sale a few months ago that was too small but thinking I'll slim into it and forgot all about it. Just tried it on last night and it's a size 12 and hangs off me :( Well I'm happy it hangs off me but it still has the tags on and it's such a lovely thing. xx

Back