Day 2 and wishing the weekend was over!

margarino

Chronic dieter!!!
Had trouble getting to sleep last night (last time i looked it was 2 am), empty stomach was aching and probably having coffee all day didn't help. Woke up much much earlier than i usually do at ten to eight, and again had an achy tummy, am ignoring it at present as otherwise i can see myself being hungry all day - need to make those shakes/soups/bars last!

I can do this, i will feel better, i want to be slimmer more than i want to eat.

Hang on in there, it does get easier. It will all be worth it. Good luck.

Yep, what Gina said. The first couple of days really test your willpower, then it does get easier.

I can't honestly say it's easy (not for me anyway) but it's definitely easier after those first few days if that makes sense?

Thanks guys! Am still staying strong, my stomach isn't growling or anything but it is still achy and my back is killing me - must have slept on the wrong angle! But like you say, it will be worth it in the end :)

Thanks guys! Am still staying strong, my stomach isn't growling or anything but it is still achy...

I'm glad you said that - mine too. As for the rest of your post, I suppose it takes a few days to start getting into the habit and getting used to the idea.

Am actually feeling better about being at home, and in hindsight, should have started the whole thing a couple of days later - so that I was serving the headachey/spaced/stoned phase from the sofa, rather than my office desk!

Was actually going to take a wander into town today, but given that I nearly mugged people in Tescos yesterday evening, I decided against it and am getting stuck into a neglected project instead.

Girls i feel like such a failure but i don't think i'm gonna make it. I am in absolute agony, it feels like i am having the mother of all periods - i haven't had a period in almost a year and this is why i stopped having them! Everything from my waist down hurts. I just went to ASDA with my bf and i had to crouch at the till because i was in so much pain. I'm in bed now, have a water bottle against my back which seems to be where most of the pain is emanating from, have taken Anadin extra with the second half of my bar that i had for lunch and am trying to keep my water levels up as i haven't had as much as i should - i'll see how i feel later... The worst thing is that i'm not even hungry! I would happily skip my soup later if i knew it would make the pain go away!

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm getting quite worried that this is not a very normal reaction and i didn't consult with my dr before i started.... I have a sneaking suspicion that i am a lot more lactose intolerant than i initially thought.... :banghead:

Oooh lordy. Thinking logically there should be no connection with being lactose tolerant and periods (they're quite unrelated, from what I can see) although VLCDs have given people hormonal upsets from time to time cos, ultimately, it is a bit on the extreme side.

However if you *are* lactose intolerant, there is a possibility this diet isn't for you.

If you feel you can't carry on, don't beat yourself up about it - it's not *your* fault. Just postpone it until you feel better and maybe give it another go later. Discipline is one thing, martyrdom is quite another!

And certainly give a doc a call if it's worrying you.

Best wishes. :(

Thanks Miss D! In the few mins since i wrote that post the anadin has kicked in so am feeling a lot better and still not hungry so might still make it through the dreaded 3 days. I don't actually have my period (i skip it on the pill - under the supervision of my doc of course) - but the pain was remarkably reminiscent of a period, how weird! As for the lactose intolerance i just used to bet bloated/IBS when i had dairy and other than the shakes making me a bit burpy and feeling very full after having them and the soups they haven't really been affecting me - i just thought the pain might be a reaction to the lactose but as the anadin has sorted it out that now seems very unlikely. Must have been some hormonal thing like you said :) ...i need to stop overreacting to things!!!

If you've not been drinking enough water the pain (specially if it's round the back) could be your kidneys.

Don't try and second-guess it. If it's really bad call your doc, if it's tolerable with painkillers at least use the yes/no NHSdirect diagnosis thingy.

It might be the diet, it might be completely unconnected. Make sure you look after yourself.

Thanks yambabe! My friend who's a doc is coming to visit me tomorrow so i'll check with her and do the nhs thingy today just to be on the safe side. I have also had a pint of water and am onto my second one, want to try to get through another 3 pints before i go to sleep tonight.

Thanks Miss D! In the few mins since i wrote that post the anadin has kicked in so am feeling a lot better and still not hungry so might still make it through the dreaded 3 days. I don't actually have my period (i skip it on the pill - under the supervision of my doc of course) - but the pain was remarkably reminiscent of a period, how weird! As for the lactose intolerance i just used to bet bloated/IBS when i had dairy and other than the shakes making me a bit burpy and feeling very full after having them and the soups they haven't really been affecting me - i just thought the pain might be a reaction to the lactose but as the anadin has sorted it out that now seems very unlikely. Must have been some hormonal thing like you said :) ...i need to stop overreacting to things!!!

Oh I'm glad you're feeling better, I was getting quite worried for you! Cramping has been mentioned by other people, and I've had IBS symptoms too for a day or two, but considerably mider than yours.

But do take care, and maybe give NHS direct a ring. As Yam said, it might be connected, it might not. It may well be entirely coincidental.

Go careful, yeah? :wave_cry:

Thanks yambabe! My friend who's a doc is coming to visit me tomorrow so i'll check with her and do the nhs thingy today just to be on the safe side. I have also had a pint of water and am onto my second one, want to try to get through another 3 pints before i go to sleep tonight.

Ah...

From now on, start to think of water in 'litres'. Not having normal meals means you're missing out on the water content of food, which is higher than you might think. Head for 4L of fluid a day, which is roughly 8 pints, over a course of a day. (Although don't try to catch up.)

It makes you internally slosh, and if anyone says to me 'more water!' I may well growl at them, but in your case that definitely applies.

Not saying it's a fix to your problem (which still might be something entirely different), just an observation. :)

Cheers Miss D! Will up the fluid intake to 8 pints a day from now on, i only had 4 or 5 yesterday, but i also heavily diluted my morning shake because i couldn't drink it. I thought it would be enough but maybe not! I'm measuring in pints because i only have pint size glasses and no water bottles in the house and i don't fancy drinking out of my measuring jugs that i use for cooking - they smell funny!!! :D

I think i may have solved it girls! The NHS self diagnosis thingy said urinary tract infection or kidney stones and i had forgotten that the weekend before i started this diet i was having pain when i went to pee and there was some blood when there shouldn't have been b/c i skip my periods, but because these symptoms went away i never ended up making an appointment with my doctor.... Looks like i best make an appointment on Monday! I'm just glad that it's nothing to do with the diet!

In that case - definitely up the water! I have pint glasses too, I just think double ;)

Hope it all goes well :)

Oh no
I bet those cystitis sachets won;t do you any harm
How rough must you feel?
yes, you've got to drink a lot
I drink my tea & coffee from a pint mug home and work, sso I probably am on my way to fluid top with that alone
I should think you will start getting cramps in your colon too if you haven't been drinking enough water

I also have my soups & shakes with lots of water mixed in
this mornings banana overfilled a pint glass !

have you a Netto near you Margarino
they do 2litre bottles of sparkling water
keep in fridge
drink from a wine glass as of wine, or from a pint glass

adds a bit of sodium too

have you a Netto near you Margarino
they do 2litre bottles of sparkling water
keep in fridge
drink from a wine glass as of wine, or from a pint glass

adds a bit of sodium too

I have to admit that i'm not a big fan of sparkling water, i don't like the funny after taste.... But thank you very much for the advice Maggie - much appreciated :)

I drink my fizzy water from the fridge as i find it much easier to swallow! Don't drink too much in altogether though as it is really bad for you. Pace it through the day, if it's 8 pints a day then about half a pint an hour will be good. Hope you feel better soon :)

Back