Day 2 & I Feel Dreadful

Jacey

I started CD yesterday and how I managed to see yesterday through i'll never know. Before I started yesterday morning I felt sick and throughout the day the nausea continued and I had the runs really bad :jelous:

I felt cold, irritable, weak, faint, sick and soooooooo hungary - hungrier than I ve ever felt - If id had been at work I simply wouldnt have been able to function.

I had lots of water {more than recommended} and had a very early night.

I woke this morning and still feel just as bad - any ideas how long this may last for?? I feel really yucky:cry:and the thought of another few days like this isnt helping.

As I am typing this I feel green x

Try halving your packs - they are very concentrated in nutrients and can make some people feel nauseous.

Drink plenty of water - but sip it and keep sipping throughout the day.

Take any painkillers you'd normally take if you have a headache.

A warm bath and bed normally helps me - and you should soon feel better - normally after day 3. Don't give up .... it really is worth the pain!

It should pass soon, just think of all the toxins your body is getting rid of after filling it full of fatty high calorie foods and drink.
Your body has been used to rubbish being supplied and now it is detoxing and clearing out all the rubbish.....this is why you too feel rubbish. It shouldnt last long a few days is the norm.

Do stick with it as this is the hardest part and it will pass. Just imagine the results at your first weigh in.

This is how I looked at it.

Hi Jacey

Sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment. I don't think you will feel quite so bad for much longer and in a few days it should be totally behind you and you will feel brill. Not least because you will feel so proud of yourself and already feel a difference.

I myself when feeling bad at the start took a strange pleasure in it knowing that I was going to get through this and be successful. I think getting through the hard bit in the beginning made me more determined during the rest of my journey.

You'll be fine!:hug99:

Dizzy x

Thanks both - I am sticking with it but I feel soo sick im more or less bed bound - Im craving odd things such as spanish onions lol

I do hope it passes soon as im losing my strength / willpower will try and keep myself busy and ignore how im feeling.

Quite funny really - ignore it until it goes away - if only that applied to everything in life lol x

Do be strong...take comfort from other things...pamper yourself....!
It will pass and will be so worth all the pain and discomfort.

I Know It Sounds Stupid But I Jumped On Scales Every Morning And Was Motivated By Seeing The Weight Loss Straight Away . Go To Bed If You Cant Stand It Any More Or Go For A Long Wallow . It Will Pass, I Was Fine By Dinner On Day Three And Havent Looked Back

I know that when you're feeling so rough, you can't imagine how it can possibly get better (you're hungry - you're not eating - so how can things get better ... right?)

Please be assured that they will. Once ketosis hits, everything gets easier ... your energy will pick up, the hunger will lessen and you'll start to experience a feeling of 'well-being'. Of course, when you hop on the scales at the end of your first week, it'll just confirm how right you were to stick at it :)

Only another day or so and everything will start to look brighter. Keep up the fab work.

yes im trying to get on with things and see it through - really hope the ketosis fairy pays me a vist soon lol .........now would be nice.

thanks everyone for your support / advice - really does make a difference.

Sorry you are feling so bad today,

I am not too bad, I took some painkillers this morning as I had a niggling headache, my nose feels a bit blocked but apart from that I am fine.
Stick with it, it will be worth it in the end!

glad your doing ok - i felt off before i even started yesterday so maybe i might just have a sickness bug or maybe it is my body adjusting - will see how it goes - only another 4 months or so to go lol x

What you are saying about 4 months, I had that thought while brushing my teeth this morning and felt physically sick, I am sure it will get better, and I am sure the weight loss will be a great motivator.

I never experienced nausea but I do remember everything looking tasty.. even the pigeons outside :D

It WILL pass. Took me 2 weeks to really get into it. Giving up the food you love is just as hard as giving up any addiction, maybe harder because food is there at almost every social event.

Don't give up cos it will all be worth it in your first weigh in.

I was very emtional in my first week but with everyone here... man I wish I had found this site when I first started xxxx

hI - i AM ON DAY 2 AS WELL AND DID FEEL A BIT OUT OF FORM THIS MORNING WHEN I WOKE UP - WAS VERY SICKY AND COULD TASTE THE POWDER STILL IN MY MOUTH - THE THOUGHT OF MY FIRST PACK REALLY MADE ME FEEL SICK. BEST THE REST OF THE DAY HAS BEEN FINE AND I HAVE BEEN VERY ENERGETIC CONSIDERING.
I HAVE THIS VILE TASTE IN MY MOUTH THOUGH AND AM ALREADY REALLING MISSING MY FAVOURITE FOODS AND TASTING FOODS.
I AM SO TEMPTED TO STOP AND START AGAIN NEXT WEEK AND NIP ACROSS TO THE PUB AND HAVE A NICE MEAL - EVEN IF IT IS LOW CAL.

THAT SAID I AM NOT HUNGRY BUT JUST MISS THE TASTE.

Back