day 2

hiya, ta for the info. Heres mine from this morning:
waist 37.5
hips 45.5
bust 44
arms 11
thighs 20

so I am much bigger than you, which is unfair as we are the same weight near enough :D No wonder I am still in an 18. I don't get it!

it must be all that exercise you are doing toning you up. I definitely have a long way to go to get into those 16s yet. Oh well, I will get there.

What sort of day have you had? Am potty training my other twin girl by the way, thanks for your replies last week, and day 3 today and I think she is starting to get it :D whoo hoo xx

i'm glad that things are going well with your other twin regarding potty training. it's a long hard road. i'll have to do it all again in another 2 1/2 years with matthew.

i think that exercise definately tone you up. when i exercise i get a real athletic figure. i think my thighs are bigger than yours though :D i'm really surprised at our measurement differences. really different. wow!

i've got loads of loose skin. i can see it when i do squats in my tummy and when i wear tight tops it bulges over. :( i think that i could do with getting it all chopped off. now where did i put that lottery ticket? :p

Hola

just read your day's diary. I've got to say I do enjoy reading it! Your days sound as mad as mine :D. I take it you are a stay at home mum too and live up North? I am originally from near Leeds but live in the midlands now.

We've been in all week seeing as I decided to go for it on the potty training front so it's been much quieter than usual, altho I have enjoyed it in some ways. Normally I don't like just being in the house, I find it easier to get ready and take them out somewhere, it's just the getting ready and getting them all in the car that's the difficult part!

I went through a stage in the very early days of CD of day dreaming about cups of strong milky tea and handfuls of biscuits when I got back home from wherever we'd been but have got over that. This diet is really giving me chance to re-think my relationship with food. I know now that once I am at the maintenance stage I will think twice before anything goes in my mouth.

Am still thinking about what I'm going to do on the exercise front but from what I have read in your posts I ought to get my act together and get started with it!

8 days now until next weigh in so here goes, can't wait until I'm 12 stone something, maybe another 2 weeks to get there yet. Just been telling hubby that my aim is to lose another 2 stone from where I am now but he reckons 1 will be enough - but the 2 will take me to a healthy bmi so I'm sticking with my original target of 11 stone 7. I did see that you were contemplating 10 stone 7 - have you been that weight ever before? xx

i've never in my adult life been 10st 7lbs. passed it on the way up lol and never hit it again. i looked fab at 11st 7lbs but i could see areas that needed work. whether it was just skin that needed getting rid ot or whether it was more weight i needed to loose i'll never know until i'm back there again. i will talk to my hubby when i get there and ask him what he thinks.

at the moment i'm a stay at home mum. i keep putting off going back to work for a few reasons. one is that my parents used to look after emily. it's ok looking after 1 but 2 is a push especially as my dad's 70 and my mum'll be 67 this year. i feel that it's a big ask and is maybe too much for them. it will be easier when emily is in school full time and matthew is in school nursery. i could maybe work mornings and get my dad to drop them off and put matthew in wraparound after school til 1pm.

another reason is that i love my matthew so much that i don't want to miss out on his babyhood. i missed out on emily's due to having a really bad birth, she stopped breathing and was taken to be ressused and then kept in one of those fish bowl cot things in the NNU. i was in hospital for a week, my section scar got infected etc i ended up struggling to feed her and had dreadful PND. it was a bad time and i spent most of it crying and feeling like i wasn't coping well. i went back to work a few days a week when she was 6 months old to try to get a grip on reality. this time round things went really well. planned section (just as well as he was an undiagnosed breech), feeding well (fed him until i started CD at 10mths old), section scar got infected again but i was an old hand at looking after it by then. so i have bonded amazingly well with him. just makes me realise how much i missed out on emily's babyhood :cry: i'm not missing out this time.

my job is easy to come and go in. i am a supply teacher and can choose when i work and where i work etc. so all i have to do to return to work is phone the agency, get an enhanced CRB done again and then i'll be back at work. easy. i was thinking of waiting until the kids were at school then doing a back to teacher course to get my head back in the game and then going from there. i would love to get a 2 day a week job or all mornings. something like that. this would fit in really well when both children are at school, in some shape or form. so it'll be 2012 for matthew to start school nursery.

i used to live in brum, edgbaston. went to uni there for a couple of years training to be a secondary school teacher but decided it wasn't for me and moved back home and started a 4 year primary teaching course instead.

i find it easy to get the kids out of the house for sanity etc. i so spend far too much time at my parents' house.

my initial goal on CD last time was 12st 7lbs but when i got there i wanted to go lower as i wasn't right. i only got to 11st 7lbs when i got pregnant.

i was training for the Great North Run the year i got pregnant with matthew (i was 11 week pregnant when i ran it) and was doing CD. so it's strange for me when people say you can't exercise and to CD or you need to be on a higher plan. i agree when you get closer to goal and are doing mega exercise. i knew when i needed to go up and when it was right for me. exercise can take many forms but i find running and weights are the best for me. weights because they give you definition and turn your fat into muscle and muscle burns more fat and running for the cal burn and the cardio fitness. i never really do classes so this time i am but i have chosen carefully. a body pump for strength, conditioning and tone and pilates for core strength.

Hiya

your birth story with Emily is so sad no wonder you are making the most this time round. Will you have any more or is this it?

Well saw my mum yesterday for the first time since starting the CD and she commented straightaway on my weight loss! When she asked me how much I had lost she didn't believe when I said nearly a stone and a half. I think she is slightly concerned that I am doing Cambridge, have been warned not to make myself poorly by not eating :)

Got myself a nice leather jacket today, £15 in the sale down from £85! What a bargain. Never happens to me, I can't be bothered rifling through the rails but just walked past and it was sat there winking at me.

Hows the buggy search going? I don't know how you have the time or energy for as much exercise as you manage to fit in every week. My hubby is away next week and got my mum staying down with me so I am planning on trying a few classes and maybe going for a look round my local gym.

Hope you enjoyed the flicks tonight, we are maybe going tomorrow night. Fancy the scary new Leonardo di Caprio film but hubby saying no chance, as I'm pathetic with scary films :)

Have a good few days, keep up the 100%. The days and weeks are flying, next weigh in will soon be upon us. Don't think am losing much this week either, am desperate to be in those 16s. Thinking of doing SS until hit 12.7 then moving up the steps so another few more weeks of this to go yet xx

hiya

we've just been to see shutter island (leo decap one). i've lost my stomach for horrors these days but this was ok. leaves you wondering. it's worth watching but is around 2 hours or so long.

matthew is our last baby. 2 is def enough. had such a nice time with matthew and he's only about 6 weeks away from being a year old and i can't believe how quickly it's gone and how much he's changed. things dragged with emily. the year seemed like a lifetime.

you were so lucky with the jacket. i'm not, ever that lucky. things don't wink at me and i wold look through a rail if there were enough appealing items on it.

the trouble with the buggy thing is that i know exactly which one i want but i just have to make my mind up whether to get it or not. i don't want to buy it them find out that it's not working out or i don't really need to use it etc. don't want to waste money.

12st 7lbs is around my area where i need to move up. mind i feel that i'm struggling now and i've still got another 11lbs to go until i'm at that stage. must be the exercise.

i need to get exercise in for me. love it and it helps me focus and concentrate on my life goals. i love running and doing the events and getting the goody bags and medals. so far i've got 2 race for life, 1 10k and 1 great north run medals along with a 10k t-shirt and a great north run t-shirt. fantastic things to have as something to look back on and remember what it was like and how it all felt.

i love it when people comment on how good you look. your mum sounds like mine first time round. she was coming out with the be careful lines, it's not normal not to eat etc etc. one of my friends does it too now. she thinks that it's unsafe and not right not to eat. she doesn't really hear me when i say that it's safe and has been used and developed in hospital for severely obese patients. etc etc... grrrrrrrrrrr

Hi
well we didn't make the cinema Sat night - instead we went out for a 'meal' and I mean that in the loosest possible sense. When I say meal I actually mean 2 glasses of fizzy water! Hubby had couple of pints and a beef madras - which isn't something I would have chosen so no probs on that front. I did text my CDC sat afternoon to ask her how much damage it would do to have something to eat and drink but then realised I didn't really want to. So had a shake before we went and stuck to water while we were out.

Nothing much exciting going on for Mothers Day so no probs there either. Altho today we have been to London for the day as its our eldest daughters birthdays - again, stuck to water but couldn't mix up a shake while we were there so had 1 for breakfast then went all day and had 2 this evening. Haven't managed much water today but just due to the circumstances, am usually quite good at easily having 5 or 6 six pints.

So when is your next weigh in? I don't think I've lost much again this week either, have seen in your diary you're expecting a couple of pounds again. It seems a lot to go through to only lose a small amount but it just shows me that if I can only lose 2 pounds doing this then I wouldn't stand a chance losing anything on weight watchers or slimming world. And still, its coming off even if slowly. Might speak to my CDC this week if I do only lose a small amount and see if she thinks I need to have a bit of food to kick start the old body.

my weigh in is tomorrow. i think that i've dropped about 2lbs max. i think that i might introduce a meal on a fri night or sat afternoon ready for body pump next week.

you did really well not eating. i'm planning on having a meal on matthew's first birthday. we are going to pizza express so i can have a tuna salad for tea. we're going to have a pirate theme for ems as she's really into pirates at the moment.

i'd get a few bars extra to your regular shakes incase you need to go out for the day like you did the other day then you can eat. my CDC used to let me do this esp when i was running loads last time.

p.s i was also wondering if i'm being too strict. the first 2 weeks i did have a little milk in my coffee then i cut it right out from week 3 and 4 and my loss has slowed down. just wondering if it is coincidental? think i'll post this on the board and see what answers i get.

4.25lbs off. i can't believe it! wow! my scales say different though. so pleased. 13st and 1/4lb. also found out that when you get to a stone above your perfect bmi (for me it's 12st 9lbs) then you have to go up to the 810. new rule since last time. so closer to eating than i thought.

Big well done, thats brilliant and especially after you weren't expecting it this week. You must be thrilled to bits. I've tomorrow to get through then mine Thurs. I don't think I've lost much either - you never know could turn out to be the same as you with any luck. Still nowhere near those 16s which is starting to annoy me a bit now. You'll be looking at a 14 soon I bet.

So so pleased for you. Keep up the good work xx

i think our weights are a bit different too. you should be getting near to the 16s by now though! how many sizes have you gone down? i've gone down 2 i think, 1 1/2 to 2 sizes anyway. i got into my 16 jeans on friday but they were cutting me up the crotch lol. can't deal with that so put them away. think jeans are just a dodgy area for me. they have to be just right otherwise i don't want to know. when i was a 12 to 14 i still wore my next size 16 jeans and just belted them in. prefer loose. rediculous isn't it. :rolleyes:

come and see a pic of me in my diary in my tight gym gear. i've also put a picture of me on there from when i was a fantastic 11st 7lbs from last time so you can see that 11st 7lbs is not too low at 5ft 8in.

Big well done, thats brilliant and especially after you weren't expecting it this week. You must be thrilled to bits. I've tomorrow to get through then mine Thurs. I don't think I've lost much either - you never know could turn out to be the same as you with any luck. Still nowhere near those 16s which is starting to annoy me a bit now. You'll be looking at a 14 soon I bet.

So so pleased for you. Keep up the good work xx

good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. :D

Hi started a reply and it's just disappeared......?

Anyway, was saying you look good in your goal pic and another stone on top of that would make you very slim. My mum is saying I'm ok as I am now and don't need to lose anymore. I have pointed out to her that a healthy bmi is 2 stone away yet and I am determined to reach it.

I see that you are not too far away from the realms of real food again - I find the thought of that quite scary as being on total meal replacements is a bit of protection from the real world and willpower - do you know what I mean? At the mo I have no choice - its shakes and thats it. But once choice and options are available I think i will find it more difficult to stick to.....

you'll be fine when you introduce food as initially it's just one small, very small evening meal of say salad and cottage cheese. it's a controlled situation. so you have your 3 shakes and your meal and nothing else is allowed. i find that when i do the cottage cheese meal on the 810 i buy the cottage cheese in tubs that are 250g so you have the whole tub and there's nothing left to chomp on. small bags of salad that do 2 meals. so simple still.

i've been thinking about my post diet food and wondering if i need to introduce some meat in my diet to keep me healthy. i've not eaten meat for almost 20 years.

Can't believe it - 6lbs off!!! Am so so happy. More than makes up for last weeks crappy 2lb :D. If I lose 4 this week I too could be looking at moving up the plan from next week. Scary but exciting. No wonder the 16s were looking good yesterday in Next. Must be 14 years (in my early 20s) that I was last this sort of weight.

So you have been veggie for a quite a long time then? Does it make it difficult to get your protein? Thinking about my way forward after cambridge I can see myself having lots of chicken or fish with salad or veg. Will try and keep the carbs down, although I do enjoy my bread, pasta and jacket potatoes but they will have to become "treats" from now on....oh well, being slim and healthy has got to be worth forgoing the pasta :D

Hope you're having a good week xx

Can't believe it - 6lbs off!!!

WOW that's amazing. i can't believe it. you're doing so well. what are you doing differently to me then? it's flowing off. the whoosh fairy has really been at work with you this week.... so jealous :p lol. 6lbs! excellent. :D

We are still neck and neck though, we're both doing really well. Good int it?! I didn't have a clue how much I'd lost. Only thing I'm doing differently to you is no exercise.....:D

I have been told tonight that I can do SS for the next 2 weeks if I want then think about moving up. Dont think I'll be having easter eggs though!

It really has given me a massive boost. Been in New Look today trying those size 16s on and treated myself to a new top. Most of the tops I have are 20s and I'm refusing to wear them anymore.

Have you had a good day? My daughter is potty trained now, by the way, which feels like a wonderful achievement. Shes in knickers for bed aswell tonight :D Had dry nappies on a morning for the last 5 nights or so, so decided to go for it.

Just had my last shake, so plenty of water for me then bed. Having all choc mint this week...xx

Back