Day 3; D'oh, what an idiot!

chelle_powell

We ride, we ride....
27/01/2006 - Day1

Well, I'm back on the SS wagon! Armed with a new diary to track the demise of this excess poundage, I WILL reach my goal!
The healthy eating was going fine, but the weight wasn't dropping quick enough, so I've decided to drag my arse kicking and screaming back onto ssing. I'm in spoilt brat mode, and I want to lose weight *stamps feet!*
So today, I am going to keep busy busy busy - my home is going to sparkle, and by the end of today, I'll be one day closer to my target weight!
So, here's to a serial-restarter finally reaching goal!
*Raises a mug of black coffee!*

Chelle xx

790; Day 2; Going well, on my way into ketosis

28/01/07 - Day 2

Yesterday was fine; have decided to do 790 as I was soo cold yesterday that my nipples hurt LOL (sorry if thats TMI!).
So here I am wearing; vest, t-shirt, thick jumper, baggy cords, 2x pair socks (and obviously underwear!) and am STILL shiverring my butt off. On a good note, 790 allows u to have a few decent brews cos of the milk allowance so they're warming me up.
Doing fine, obviously still a little hungry but am starting to head into ketosis now, so roll on that lovely ketosis glow where u need very little sleep and have bags and bags of energy. I suppose it's a kind of euphoria in a sense, as I'm ridding my body finally of all the crap I've damaged it with, and now it's finally being given the chance to begin to heal itself; does make sense that u start to feel better really quickly on this plan.

Anyway, 1 more day and I should be well into ketosis already. Bring it on!

Chelle x

lol you need to turn your heating on!

Good luck with it, I restarted yesterday too so can feel exactly what you're going through (apart from I have my heating on)

lol you need to turn your heating on!

Good luck with it, I restarted yesterday too so can feel exactly what you're going through (apart from I have my heating on)

Hey hun,

Heathing doesn't work atm; hopefully after tomorrow but hey, just gives me an excuse to put my cold hands on hubby to warm me up lol!! AM I cruel??? Not me!
Are u doing CD790 or ss? I've been told the weightlosses are very similar, maybe 1 -2 lbs less a month on 790. Fine by me!!
Wishing u loads of luck honey,I'm tired of being a serial restarter so this is the time!!
Much love, chelle xx

oh no how awful having no heating at this time of year!!! He should definately allow you to warm your hands up in that way. Thats what he's there for isn't it ;)

I'm ssing this week but been told I have to do aam next week then 790 the week after then 1000 after that because of my bmi. I need to arrange to see my cdc and talk to her about it.

I have been trying to restart since mid january but havent managed any longer than a few hours so I'm already doing well lol. I will stick to it this time

Hi Chelle,
Glad that you are back on track ! Sympathise with the feeling cold thing....I am freezing my wotsits off too. The one thing I hate about ketosis is feeling so flipping cold all the time when everyone is telling me its toasty ! :mad:

Cold bits to be placed on hubbies, yes indeed ! That's what they are there for isn't it ?:D

Melissa

Hey girls :)

oh no how awful having no heating at this time of year!!! He should definately allow you to warm your hands up in that way. Thats what he's there for isn't it ;)

I'm ssing this week but been told I have to do aam next week then 790 the week after then 1000 after that because of my bmi. I need to arrange to see my cdc and talk to her about it.

I have been trying to restart since mid january but havent managed any longer than a few hours so I'm already doing well lol. I will stick to it this time

Wow, get u!!! Thats great news about the BMI! Well done u! I know all about restarting and bingeing - well this is the last leg of the journey for me now, failure is definately not an option this time as I've told hubby that I will be a moody cow at times, dont take it personally and tell me to shut up - and if I ever lose sight of why I'm doing this, get out my horrendous before piccies; it's enuff to make anyone refrain from the biccie barrel or takeaway menu!!! LOL
U will do it hun, u're soo close now!!!
Keep intouch, and we can drag each other (kicking and screaming if necessary!) over that goal line!!

Hi Chelle,
Glad that you are back on track ! Sympathise with the feeling cold thing....I am freezing my wotsits off too. The one thing I hate about ketosis is feeling so flipping cold all the time when everyone is telling me its toasty ! :mad:

Cold bits to be placed on hubbies, yes indeed ! That's what they are there for isn't it ?:D

Melissa

Oh yes, they're like ice!!! I've got the whole Madonna-in-a-cone-bra look going on nicely! LMAO!! It's annoying but a nice way to look at it is by the summer, we're going to be super gorgeous and can wear whatever we want, instead of covering up in baggy jumpers & jeans and being boiling but too afraid to wear a vest & skirt (or was that just me? lol).

Hubby doesn't mind too much, although he has started to make a hot water bottle berore bed for me - so this freezin cold lark has it's benefits LOL!! |I'm sure he won't be complaining when I'm super slim!!

Love & hugs to u both, here's to slimdom!!!
Chelle xx

Indeed...here's to slimdom !:D

Also looking forward to a summer of not covering up (except my arms are very wrinkly/stretch marked at the top:eek: ) and not getting all hot and bothered. Sure my OH will love it too, he knows how damned unhappy I have been and he knows how much clothes shopping makes me a happy bunny :p

I am moving to a non LL area so am starting on CD...can't decide whether to AAM or not. Do you think it gives you a taste for food that's then hard to deal with ?:confused:

melissa x

I am moving to a non LL area so am starting on CD...can't decide whether to AAM or not. Do you think it gives you a taste for food that's then hard to deal with ?:confused:

melissa x

Hey hun,

Thats a toughie! I think it kinda depends on where ur head is at. Personally, I think 790 is a brilliant plan, and if u actually sit down quietly, with no distractions, and taste each mouthful - it's really enjoyable and very filling. I'm going to go on straight ssing shortly, once I've emptied my freezer quorn & fish (hubby won't eat either!) - the main reason is I can't afford to do CD & buy additional food, and I only have enuff savings to do CD for a couple of months, so I want to have got the bulk of this padding off by then and really have allowed myself to see CDs full potential.
I do highly recommend it, it's the best of both worlds - food, packs and incredible weighloss !lol!

Hope this helps!
Much Love, chelle xx

Last edited:
Day 3; Hello Ketosis Faerie!!!!!!

29/01/07 - Day 3

Hiya,

Yesterday wasn't too bad at all, apart from the fact that I had nowhere near as much water as I usually have - and did have a few hunger pangs in the evening, I think the problem was that I only had 3 litres and I usually have 5-6, so really making a conscious effort today to up my water intake. Not doing too bad as already had 1 1/2 litres. Aiming for the full 6 litres today, to try make up for yesterday - although I do have several mugs of decaff tea so my fluid intake is still quite good.
I've found making the milkshakes into hot chocolate (I only have chocolate mint shakes), is really suiting me atm and it makes the lumps more paletable - plus there's less cleaning and I don't have to wash out the smoothie maker 3 times a day LOL!!! Lazy... moi? lol

On a good note, I had a visit from my brother yesterday. He's passed his Personal Trainer exams and has to find a client to train for his final assesment > so, the short version is that he wants to train me (at the gym where he works - completely FREE of charge! :) ) for 3 months and at the end of it, an Asseser will come in to see my progress file (before piccies, weight, measurements, bmi) and make sure I'm using the equipment properly, and then he'll be assessed on my progress - SO NO PRESSURE THERE THEN!! LOL!!
It's a brilliant opportunity for me, but am bricking it at the thought of going to the gym. I'm sure I'll be fine once I've been a couple of times, but it's the initial idea that all gym peeps are scantily clad lycra wearing nuts (Jane Fonda 80s video springs to mind!). I found myself making the excuse of "I have no trainers" - to which he replied "no problem, my treat for helping me!" (surely he's helping ME?!) ... so I REALLY have no excuse now huh?? What a fantastic opportunity, I truly am very blessed with a wonderful family.
He wants me to start in 2 weeks (12/02) when I'm well into my diet again, so it's an incentive to see this right thru to the end this time. I'm so glad that I have the support of my Hubby and Brother, it really makes life easier when people work with u rather than against u!!!

The workmen have arrived to fix my heating, it's a 2 day job so will have to endure endless drilling and pipes banging as they convert the old boiler system to a new electric one (ooh and they've told me I'm getting a swanky new fire too - who said the council don't look after it's tenants??!! .. so they blumin well should, amount of rent they charge us LOL!!!). 2 more days then to have instant hot water... how lush!!

Much love, chelle xx

wow I could do with a brother like that too!

I hope you're nice and cosy and warm by tomorrow night it must be a nightmare for you.

Glad you're in ketosis already :) me too! it makes such a difference doesnt it?

Hay ladies!

Oh get you havin ur own free personal trainer!!!

Well done on nabbing the ketosis fairy....send her over to me wud ye!!

wow I could do with a brother like that too!

I hope you're nice and cosy and warm by tomorrow night it must be a nightmare for you.

Glad you're in ketosis already :) me too! it makes such a difference doesnt it?

I'm a very lcuky girl, altough my head is *trying* to make excuses for me not to go to the gym! I'll be fine after the first session.
As for the ketosis Faerie... she tricked me... see below, but I'm going to do this kicking and screaming if I have too!.... lol
Hope u're both ok, hugs

chelle x

D'oh, what an idiot!

Well than....

I am a complete and utter idiot - not only that but I'm such an idiot that I have bells on it and 1st prize!
Yesterday I was storming thru the water, had 2 packs and was starting to feel the glow of ketosis (and the minging breath that comes with it - lol). Had been awake since 5.30am, and by 3pm was getting quite ratty but calming the situation down by talking to myself .. like u do! Anyway, everything was under control until I went to pick Hubby up from work. He's got a temporary placement 30miles away so I take him & pick him up each day as he doesn't drive. So, I got there at 4pm, and was still waiting in my freezing cold car at 5.45pm. I was getting increasiingly annoyed, not to mention hungry - and I had the ingenius idea of taking a 2 litre bottle of water to rid me of hunger pangs. Needless to say, by this point, the bush I was parked next too was looking mighty appealing even if it was full of thorns LOL!! By the time Hubby got into the car, I was like a bear with a sore arse (except mine was bladder!), so it wasn't the response he was expecting after his first day in a new job :eek: ! Things got progressively worse as the traffic was pretty bad, and my bladder was on overflow - which resulted in me driving ar 3mph whilst doing the i-need-a-wee-now dance LOL! I must've looked a sight as I was bobbing up and down rocking the car - which was pretty steamed up at this point from me sitting in it for so long - so god knows what everyone thought we were doing in the car LOL!!!!!!!!
When we got home, I made my 790 meal but burnt the tuna - well that was the icing on the cake - and unfortunately thats exactly what I turned too. I haven't done any damage thankfully, and I did only have a slice and a sandwich so it wasn't a full on mega binge, but hey, forgive and move on - I'm still doing this and that faerie is NOT getting away this time!!! LOL!!
Back later,

Chelle xx

Hi Chelle,
Thanks for your advice re AAM and 790. I am still a bit undecided....it feels weird to AAM for a week and then go back to SS after 19 weeks of pure abstinence on LL but I am tempted to give it serious consideration !:)

The gym thing, WOW, you are lucky although I know how you feel at the same time. I would be really nervous too, the whole gym thing doesn't appeal but the exercise does. I hear some gyms aren't all posey so fingers crossed that yours is ok, but in any case you have your brother there ! My biggest fear is going to one alone :eek:

I can't tell you how many lay-bys I have weed in on this diet :D I get so desperate that although I do my best to be as discreet as possible sometimes I go past caring !:p

Tuna............................yum, I could just taste that, burnt or not !
melissa
x

Back