Day 3 - Hell on Earth

Could it be a virus? Hope you feel better soon xx (btw I wish I had work to go to!! - grass is always greener, eh?!)

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that...but glad you are feeling a tad better this morning...it can only get better eh! Hope you feel back to yourself very soon... I've got it all to come, day 2 and 3rd time for me, arrgh!

All the best x

Richman ..... I am only on SS for 4-6 weeks this time. I am aiming to shift about 2st. I followed SS for 5 months when I initially lost my weight, and at that time I dropped 7st 4lbs.

Hey Steve, glad your feeling a bit better today. You just need to pace yourself, take things one day at a time and focus on that. I told myself Id do this diet for 1 week, and assess how I felt at the end and see if it was something I could continue with. And here I am almost 10 weeks later. Try not to exert yourself too much just get lots of early nights, lie ins and rest and you will soon adapt. :)

As for tomorrow - it can't be any worse than today. I don't remember ever feeling this rough, even when I had "proper" (not "man") flu a few years ago.[/quote]

Hmmm my husband said man flu is 100 times worse than normal proper flu! :eek: :D

I am glad things have settled down for you more today and it def sounds like Ketosis is kicking in.

Well done for sticking with it. That extra weight be gone in no time.

Well, I am definitely in ketosis. I have a salty/metallic taste in my mouth that is disgusting :jelous:, I have breath that could strip wallpaper at 100 paces, my glass of water forms ice cubes every time I pick it up my hands are that cold, and the P-stick says I am.

One thing I do not understand is that I still have the discomfort of feeling VERY hungry all the time. I have (only mild now - nothing compared to the other day) stomach cramps, and my stomach is always rumbling. I never remember feeling like this when I was in ketosis before. I just feel permanently uncomfortable due only to this "hunger".

I hope it goes away soon. I am on day 7 and sticking 100%, but I am not sure I can stick it out much longer if this discomfort does not go away, because it invades my every thought at the moment.

Hi Steve,

Nightmare for you but what a star sticking with it despite that!! I have had countless restarts to try and get my final stone off but all ended in failure.:sigh: Like you i just couldn't get rid of the gut wrenching hunger despite it all so i caved in, lost the plot and put on the 5-6lbs that i had lost during those first 4 days:cry:And boy do I wish i have just hung in there!! Meanwhile I am still struggling with WWatchers to try and lose the weight (but at least i'm not gaining, i suppose). I still would consider giving CD one final go but dunno if i could ever do it properly again:rolleyes:

Hopefully your perseverence will do you good!!

Good luck!

I hope so. The problem is that I don't have a clue how I am doing as I have deliberately not stepped onto the scales at all. My CDC is on holiday so I will have done 2 weeks of SS before I get a hint of what my losses are.

All I do know is that if I stick to this 100% I will lose - I just hope that I can stick to it and that this constant feeling of hunger goes away!!

Back