Day 4 downer?

frenchie34

Well I have completed day 4, still 100% but all day I have had a little demon in my head. What's the point in doing this? You'l put it all back on as soon as you start eating normally! Why are you trying to lose weight, if he doesn't love you no matter size you are, he's not worth it! Go on, just one hot cross bun won't hurt, you've done well so far, a little treat won't hurt (this thought did result in rather embarrassing psycho moment involving a butter knife and my son's hot cross bun!)

So.... my question is, why do I try to sabotage my good doing constantly? What causes thoughts like this? I have fought the demons today (think frenchie in a suit of armour, armed with sword and shield) but can I keep fighting?

:confused:

I think it's just a side effect of going into ketosis hon. I had a day in my first week where I was just miserable and in such a bad mood, I was taking it out on my daughter. If you can get past this day ok then you will probably feel a lot more positive tomorrow. *hugs*

Oh thanks Jael, I was reading other's diaries and thinking how on earth do they get through it. I guess I'll just keep positive and hope for the best for Saturday weigh in (I think breaking my daily weigh in cycle is taking its toll) Thanks for the support xxx

Those times do pass, and we just have to have steely determination when they come. I try to think about how much time it would take to put that piece of food in my mouth; chew it and then swallow....... then I think, I can get past that time and i will feel good about myself. So I do something else and then pat myself on the back. Somedays I have to do this quite often, other days not at all.

Keep going, you are battling and winning with every minute xx

Frenchie, stick with it. Keep thinking to yourself that you can do this and think how fantastic you will feel when you step on those scales and they show a loss. I know you can do this. Stay positive.
xx

Back