Day 5 and suddenly struggling!

frumpymum

Hi newbie here,

On day 5 of S&S, day 2 was horrid but other than that have felt quite good and it's been smooth sailing, woke up today feeling awful had a headache but that has passed now, possible not enough water! Cravings are back with a vengence and tummy feels icky, also had really bad heartburny feeling since list night! I have been entirely 100% so don't see how could have knocked myself out of ketosis, anyone else feel like this on day five? does it pass? Also feeling lightheaded and weak :O(

Laura x

hiya frumpymummy. I'm only onto day 4 but this is my toughest one yet, maybe being home is making me think aout it more. I've also developed the #ahem# runs in the last hour - nice. Are you eating all of your packs and not skipping anything or are you doing too much rushing around or using up a lot of energy? I've recently had a bowl of spaghetti, a couple of huge cups of coffee, 1/2 a packet of shake made into a biscuit and 3 big glasses of water. bit of a binge I know but it's really helped me to feel a bit better. I think maybe I'd let myself go too long without food as I was trying to keep the majority for later on when I usually want to binge but my body's telling me I need to be a bit more regular. The kids have just sat and troffed popcorn chicken and chips and it didn't bother me in the slightest probably cos I've filled myself up a bit more. What have you had so far today?

I got carb withdrawal headaches on day 5. The first week can make you feel quite rough. Grit your teeth - you're almost there!

Thanks Weasy and Spandex, unfortunately i fell of the wagon!! I'm so annoyed with myself today, it's the furthest i've ever got and found it easy until yesterday! Thankfully i didn't binge too bad, i couldn't it made me feel very sick very quickly and i felt appalling by the time i went to bed (TMI but also had tiolet trouble), ironic that i ended up feeling so bad when feeling bad was the reason i fell of the wagon lol! I will chalk it down to experience and get back on the wagon today remembering just how awful i felt last night and knowing i have to go through it all again now because of my own stupidity lol! I don't officially weigh in until tuesday morning so fingers crossed i will still have lost something!!

I also realised that if you were not eating the veg & chicken etc (don't trust myself with portions just yet) i should be having four packs a day, duh lol!! I presumed i'd be okay on three shakes as you would with lipotrim so it was no wonder i was feeling dizzy etc!! i've ordered some of the meals and bars along with next weeks shakes i'm hoping that will help especially with all the ideas i read on here for making biscuits etc! I will do what you did next time i feel like a binge spandex, great idea!!!

Laura x

The good thing is that although you had a bad one yesterday, you're not beating yourself up about it and your up and at em again today. For me eating the protein meal really works as I feel it makes me a bit more 'normal' when eating with the rest of the family. I got myself a set of scales and and yeah it may be the odd gram over here or there but the way I'm thinking is it's still week one, whatever I'm eating has got to be better for me than the amounts and types of food I used to troff. I'm sure with time and practise I'll get the portion sizes spot on. I read a great post on here by Starlight which said to think of the packs as medicine and make sure you have the full amount each day to make sure you're getting all the nutrients your body needs. Good luck and well done you for getting straight back in the saddle. gee-up girl.

oh thanks spandex, i'm soo determined to do this i'm 30 in 12 weeks and having a big night out, which i will very sensibly and have a break for rather than a binge lol, i do not want feel how i always feel when i go out with a group of girls (like i want the ground to open up!!) lol! I'm looking at it over the whole week, i must have eaten soooooo much less in calories than i normally would have as my diet binge cycle has been terrible lately, not managed to get through a day until this last week!! Looking on the positive side i've still made a step in the right direction ha ha! Fingers crossed it's the first of many!! Well done you for getting to day five, keep up the good work!! xx

Wow Weasey!! Just noticed your loss so far, AMAZING! What an inspiration!! That must have taken some serious will power hopefully i'll find mine soon lol! x

Thanks. I don't think it takes will power so much as getting used to it and letting it become the way you eat. Would definitely help to eat 4 packs! The meals make all the difference to this diet - I couldn't do it with just shakes.

Hi again, well got through week 1, didn't stray again and lost 10lbs i'm so pleased!! I have gone to 4 packs and included a meal pack (chilli yum!) yesterday, feel much better than when i was having three silly me!! Thanks for the support ladies, here's to 100% week :D

Ha Ha yey! Yummymummy here i come lol!:greenapple:xx

Back