Day 61 - Things I Have Learned!

I love this site.:D I might not have much to say but I really love reading what everybody else has to. It is a great help to me knowing there are so many people in the same boat. Thanks xx:grouphugg:

Apologies, I've been very bad at keeping this going, I'm slowly realizing that being on CD is like Groundhog Day, and not a lot changes!

Any way, first weigh-in tonight, and I've lost 21lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it, it was 9 days rather than 7, but am so chuffed!

It's thanks to this brilliant website and all of you for keeping me going - I'm having a chocolate truffle party in half an hour when they come out of the freezer and everyone's invited

Am off to sort a tracker out now....

Congratulations and very well done John:clap: :clap: :clap: :bliss: !!! 21lbs. in 9 days is mind blowing....I think that must be a record:confused:
  • A few days of ready meals is a small sacrifice to have dad around for twenty years longer

John your so right:) :cry:

Love Mini xxx

I did 22lbs in my first week, 1 stone 8lbs.
These diets are amazing....!

OOps!:eek:

Sorry Sonkie!

I think your the record holder for sure:)

Unless we have someone who can beat 22 lbs.:confused: :p

Your doing brill Sonkie!

Love Mini xxx

LOL, I've only just read day 5 and 6 lists. I'm sitting on my shop actually Laughing out loud and I NEVER do that! If anyone is passing they'll think I'm going mad!

22 lbs in 9 days is incredible! Well done! That's about how much I've lost in 6 weeks!!

Well done Johh thats a fab loss and a great reason to continue with this mad diet!! Sarahxx.

fantastic

you have given me the best laugh since i started ss 3 weeks ago:)

stick with it though i had my third weigh in today and in 3 weeks have lost 18lbs, lost about the same amount of friends too

keep going!!

- I'm having a chocolate truffle party in half an hour when they come out of the freezer and everyone's invited

Can you give me your postcode again, I think I'm lost....

:wow: on your loss John - that'll be all the good karma for the laughs you've given us!! ;)

Day 11 - Things I have learnt

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages - I honestly don't think I could do this diet without this website! :p

Day 11 List!
  • The NHS will not fit you with a catheter for non-medical reasons
  • My CDC didn’t seem too happy when I returned three packs of cheese and broccoli – the best before date is Feb 08 so doubt he’ll shift them in time
  • If smaller clothes don’t fit at 11am, there is no point trying again at 4pm
  • Not sure if this will get to you today, it all depends if my igloo has broadband
  • We have all felt shame in our lives, but nothing compares to being reduced to peeing in an empty Fanta bottle on the hard shoulder of the M6
  • As soon as you tell people you are on a diet, they are very keen to point out “how big you were getting”
  • I no longer need an industrial-sized bin in the kitchen
  • Half a pound of butter really can last longer than three days, and doesn’t mysteriously evaporate
  • “Grimaced Bidet” is an anagram of “Cambridge Diet”

Hello John

My very good friend Mamma Caz mentioned your thread to me today and knowing my sense of humour suggested I get over here sharpish to catch up with your lists. Very glad I did, still wiping away the tears of laughter, this one especially has had me roaring sat here at the computer:

I had my first Tetra pack – not since a carton of Um Bungo as a child have I tried so hard to get the last drops out

Sooo funny & I know exactly what you mean.

Keep up the sterling work you're doing, that's an amazing loss (just for starters).

Well done John & thanks for the laugh

p.s. thnx MC - you were right, very funny :D

John you should be on the stage...

I have just been and checked my butter dish and your right it's amazing there is some still in there (i thought the elves used to come and eat it in the night, along with a pack of crumpets)...(a pound of lurpak in every hole)

Have to say I am in awe at your first weeks weight loss.. I thought I did well at 18lb's but that is amazing..:clap: :clap: :clap:

keep going and keep up the stand up posts (if you know what I mean)

thank you for brightening up my day:D

xxxxxx

Hi John What can I say, if I need a laugh I definately know where to come, I'm going to be an avid reader of this thread.

Congratulations on your massive weight loss this week:D

I've got to be honest I hope (for selfish reasons:eek: ) that you don't lose all your weight too quickly, I'd miss your great posts:)

Tracey

John, this is the first time I have read your thread .... and you are a very funny man and i've thoroughly enjoyed your posts. Congrats on your first weight loss, just goes to show all those Cambridge quirks are worth it in the end! You'll miss them when you're all skinny!
Good luck and keep going, this diet is crazy but it really works!

you have given me the best laugh since i started ss 3 weeks ago:)

stick with it though i had my third weigh in today and in 3 weeks have lost 18lbs, lost about the same amount of friends too

keep going!!

Well done nutsy on your weight loss, 18lbs. is fab:D

John your very witty:clap:

Love Mini xxx

I'm just writing to thank you for giving my tummy muscles such a good work out.I didn't find you by myself but a little bird pointed me in your direction.

I reckon your little lad has landed himself a great parent.

Thank you again for the lovely comments - I bloody love coming on this site! Don't worry about me reaching goal too soon - there's still a long, long way to go so you're stuck with me for a bit yet...

Anyway, on to more important matters...

Day 13 - Things I Have Learnt...
  • Licking the lid of a tin of Spongebob Squarepants spaghetti without realising you’re doing it doesn’t take you out of ketosis
  • It doesn’t taste very nice either
  • You don’t need a box of 36 fish fingers to feed a four year old
  • My CDC spreads his entire supply of packs out on the coffee table when you visit. I feel like Charlie at the gates of Willy Wonka’s factory
  • I have never spent so long in the Oral Hygiene aisle in a supermarket
  • The money saved in toilet rolls is soon spent on toilet cleaner
  • I have learnt more about TOTM by visiting this site than I ever knew in the past
  • I am going to sue Cambridge Diet for misuse of the word “muffin”
  • If that is a “muffin” I will show my arse on the steps of the National Gallery
  • I can’t see Thorntons stocking the “chocolate truffle” just yet either
  • If logging on to MiniMins burnt calories, I’d be at goal

Thank you again for the lovely comments - I bloody love coming on this site! Don't worry about me reaching goal too soon - there's still a long, long way to go so you're stuck with me for a bit yet...

Anyway, on to more important matters...

Day 13 - Things I Have Learnt...
  • I have learnt more about TOTM by visiting this site than I ever knew in the past
I just hope it isn't catching.wouldn't wish it on anyone who could get away without.
What's worse is that I hadn't read a new members name properly b'fore taking pains to explain about the effects of TOTM on his fluid balance.
Afraid i may have scared him off as haven't seen a post from him since.:doh:

Back