Day 61 - Things I Have Learned!

I'd have called for 2 just to be sure.Just remember it might be a man who's driving (sorry girlie error-I mean flying) & what with TOTM he'll probably get lost or worse.

Fame at last John!! Someone else has posted one of your lists on the official cambridge diet forum - perhaps you should consider copyrighting them in future ;)

Fame at last John!! Someone else has posted one of your lists on the official cambridge diet forum - perhaps you should consider copyrighting them in future ;)

Cor what a cheek.did they give john the credit,do it anon,or call it their own?

Hiya John, how you doin??????

x

Thanks for asking Carolyn, not doing bad ta - sorry I haven't been posting, feel like I've run out of funny things to say! Will post a new list later today...

I've lost another 7lb this week, taking me to 2 stone in 2 weeks which I'm chuffed about! Got an extra incentive the other day - was on a busy train and about six teenage girls started taking the p*ss out of me for being pregnant!!!!

I asked them to keep the noise down as they were upsetting my unborn twins and got off the train thinking "see you in 6 months!"

Normally that would have upset me enough to run into the local chinese takeaway, but they just made me more determined to get the weight off.

Especially cos two of them could have done with some info about CD themselves...

Well done on your fantastic weight loss John.

And great attitude to those silly girls. Glad they didn't upset you too much.

((HUGS))

Hiya John.,

Congratulations, that is fantastic weight loss, 29lbs in two weeks WOW!!! over two stone = quarter of a CWT (if you are into imperial measures) or a large bag of animal feed (I know this coz I'm a farmers wife).

Well done with the girls, I think that you handled it brilliantly (their insecurities not yours)!!!!

Keep up the good work, I think you are doing marvelously.

x

Thanks for asking Carolyn, not doing bad ta - sorry I haven't been posting, feel like I've run out of funny things to say! Will post a new list later today...

I've lost another 7lb this week, taking me to 2 stone in 2 weeks which I'm chuffed about! Got an extra incentive the other day - was on a busy train and about six teenage girls started taking the p*ss out of me for being pregnant!!!!

I asked them to keep the noise down as they were upsetting my unborn twins and got off the train thinking "see you in 6 months!"

Normally that would have upset me enough to run into the local chinese takeaway, but they just made me more determined to get the weight off.

Especially cos two of them could have done with some info about CD themselves...

:wow: two stone in two weeks!!!

Congratulations John:)

This is a wonderful incentive and at this rate you will have the weight off in no time at all.:)

Stay strong and remember your worth it:)

Love Mini xxx

You must so look forward to your weigh in days with theses great results!! Well done and im sure you will be at your goal in no time at all. Sarahxx.

29 lb in 14 days is over 2lb a day.

or 1.38 ounces every hour awake or asleep.

This must be a record even for VLCD

Thanks Jane - it's 28lb rather than 29lb, and is over 16 days rather than 14, so not as great as it sounds! Am still chuffed though. If anything, it shows me how much I used to overeat to put the weight on in the first place... am sure it's going to slow down this week - I was drinking 8 litres of water a day but when I'm out and about this just isn't possible unless I get a catheter fitted!

Am off to write a Things I Have Learnt list as I said I'd post it the other day and didn't...

Well 28lb isn't nearly as impressive as 29lb.

:doh: What a twit-can't even do basic arithmetic-sorry.
Begining to wonder if I'm losing it altogether as yesterday I posted my diary entry inside someone elses diary.:whoopass:

Keep up the good work.

Hi John,

I've just found this. I read the first few and they made me laugh because I totally empathise!

• Don’t put boiling water in a glass blender – it breaks
  • Cheese and broccoli is vile
  • Rinse any cups/blenders used straightaway. Otherwise you need paint stripper to get it off
  • Despite years of training, it’s easier to leave the toilet seat up permanently
  • Move your bed into the bathroom
  • Other people think you’re weird
  • If you do forget to clean your blender, just breathe on it, that will remove anything
  • There are actually 98 hours in the day, each made up of 400 minutes
  • Don't panic if you're running out of toilet paper - the bit you have will last weeks
  • When your blender breaks, don’t make a soup using a fork as a whisk
  • Patience Delux is addictive
  • You can’t type a long post without having to have a loo break
  • I can do this!!!!

You can do this! :D

Thanks for brightening my Sunday morning!

i like this thread :D

Thank you John.. I have just been reading all you lists and think I cried laughing that much I will be able to for-go one loo trip...

Well done on your fantastic weight loss.. heres to another fab week xxxxxx

• Luckily I am a bit better at the Cambridge Diet than I am at keeping any kind of blog for a length of time
  • Tesco Value jeans look about as expensive as they are
  • However, while wearing them I have discovered that after all these years I do actually have an arse
  • After sixty one days I still can’t make crisps
  • I am the Muffin Man though
  • My weekly shop doesn’t even get me one ‘Computers for Schools’ voucher
  • I discovered on Sunday that just because I can fit in a rollercoaster it doesn’t mean I will enjoy it
  • If one more person says “you will put it all back on when you stop” I will ram my blender down their throat
  • People sitting next to you on the bus isn’t all it’s cracked up to be
  • Still don’t like the look of the bloke on the left in the photos on the Cambridge packs, although he looks better in pink than he does in blue
  • Cheese and broccoli remains as vile today as it always has been

Back