Attack Day one done

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Must say loving the pallets or pancake type things scrummy!

Just got my home made burger in the lean grilling machine. Having it with a bit of cottage cheese and some defrosted prawns.

Feeling pleased got through day one. X

Did you post your full menu somewhere FNM?

Welcome and good luck!

Thanks hun seem to have dropped 6lbs in one day surley this can't be right?

I had

Breakfast - scrambled egg followed by plain lf yoghurt with sweetner
Lunch - 5 chicken drum sticks lol they were nice.
Snack a few slices of turkey wafer thin and a galette
Dinner - 2 home-made burgers (added a bit if mint to them) with cottage cheese and prawns. Even my 14 month old son loved the burgers!

Xx

Well done FNM - yes the first huge losses are 'right': what is happening is that all the extra water that the carbs make you retain is lost because you've cut the carbs right out. Are you drinking lots of water too? more than 1.5l per day is a must.
Protein - LOTS. I never worked out how much, and I don't know the figures either (nor where to find them) but it's kind of 'so many grams per your current weight' - it's calculated in pure protein and different protein-rich foods have different amounts, for example egg whites most, then meat, then dairy. I just ate lots, that could mean two chicken breasts etc. I usually averaged at least 2 eggs per day too - one used in my galette 'bread' and at least one elsewhere. If you're worried about the cholesterol you can leave out the yolks (make a rich omelette for your little one!)
But well done so far! Losses will slow down after a couple of days or when you start having some veg on Cruise.

Wow that's great. Only problem is my baby is breast feeding more and it's making me tired? So I haven't done the 20 min walk? Gonna take him to feed the ducks soon so may fit it in then.

Today -

Galette yum yum want more!!!!! Plain lf yoghurt

Lunch - chicken drumsticks and left over burger for lunch

Dinner - not sure yet. X

Is there a section in the book for nursing? You might have to have some extras (I didnt read it).
Tiredness is usual during the first week, often followed by a burst of energy.

Yes as your not exclusively BFing anymore you're probably okay, and not really depriving your baby either if the diet affects your supply, but do be careful. I did see something *somewhere* about 'special cases' such as pregnancy / post pregnancy / menopause. Possibly in the book will try to check if I remember tonight.

Tiredness is more likely due to attack phase so take it easy, energy should be back up soon!

Hang on... is this the first we've heard about breast feeding?

This diet is not appropriate for ladies who are breast feeding.

If you must, then it's the CONSOLIDATION you need to do.

aaaaah

p.256 of the book...
". Breastfeeding. However much weight you have put on, at this stage it is inconceivable to follow an overly strict diet that would affect th enewborn baby's nutrition.

I recommend eating as if you were simply managing your weight during a normal pregnancy, following the consolidation diet made easier by:
- having two portions of fruit per day instead of one
- using semi skimmed (less than 2% fat) milk and milk products instead of skimmed 0% fat products
- leaving out protein Thursdays".

Please please stop and wait for the book to read up on Consolidation.

thanks for that Jo, didn't get round to mine

However this is BFing at 14months so really it's not so terribly crucial for the baby any more who (should) be getting nearly all his nutrition from 'solid' food now. the diet is definitely NOT suitable for people breastfeeding newborns and you should wait until they are weaned (ie getting most of their nutrition from other sources). But I think FNM little one is just feeding for comfort now?

Anyway that's my 2p - I BF'd exclusively to about 8 months and definitely was not even thinking of diets then - but lost several kilos without trying. After that *my* kids rapidly lost interest and realised it was less work to get your food and drink elsewhere!!

Yea he is coming up to 15 months now and feeds twice day. He won't drink any other milk lol. Mummy's milk kicks ass. X

Ditto the conso!

I would also PV each day and eat as much (non-0%) dairy as you can stomach (don't overdo the cheese though - that's what got me here;)) as if you aren't getting enough calcium, your reserves in your bones will be used to make milk for your baby.

My youngest fed until 18 months and I couldn't lose weight with him, however with my eldest, it dropped off whatever I ate (I went down to 60 kilos which is the lightest I'd ever weighed as an adult - weight went back on after though:p). Hormones are funny things, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of weight-loss just in case your body is hanging on to it all for your milk supply.

Good luck!:)

well I put on weight BF fed till one was nearly 3 and the other 2 1/2 .....put on 3 stone :/......even was tandem feeding at one point
worst thing about bf was myt youngest got tooth rot from comfort feeding and had to have 6 teeth out at 2 1/2 ......
hey ho id say at this age you can still do dukan just have a bit more diary

Back