Day one on Lipotrim and I am sooooo hungry!

ravenbeauty5

Keep smiling
Hi all,

I just started Lipotrim today after watching my work mate lose 2.5st in 3 weeks. My other work mates brother was on the lipotrim diet for a year and has lost 13st which has resulted in him havibg surgery to remove excess skin. So I thought I would give it a go.

I had a chocolate shake this morning which was not the worst thing I have ever tasted although it was also quite a bit away from being the nicest thing I have ever tasted!!

Lunch consisted of the Chicken flavour soup type thing which once again tasted like it had been shown some lovely chicken flavour and then had it taken away, but bearable.

What can I say about the strawberry flavour............. yuk yuk yuk I think I will have to try that as a mousse. Has anyone tried them as mousse'sssss (i know the plural cant be meece).:rolleyes:

Right now it is 20:30pm and I am really hungry so I thought "oh my god what am I going to do until bedtime:confused:" I know I will look for a forum to keep me away from the fridge!!

Start weight a very scary 15st 8lb 17/07/07

OOOOHHHH poor you...the first 3 to 4 days are really the worst...but drinking lots of water and a hot drink does help...once these days are over you will in ketosis and hunger will be a thing of the past!!! The shakes even get nicer in taste...honest..... My fav is the vanilla and you can use a spoon to whiten your coffee if you wish!! A nice hot bath now would be the thing and off to bed early with a book or mag!! I log on here to read the threads too and have a look at all the amazing photos which are a real motivation when I am having those weaker moments.....

Hi hun, well done for taking the first step to a healthier you.
The first week is the hardest, when I was hungry I would boil the kettle and then drink the water as hot as I drink my tea, by the end there was no hunger.

Welcome RavenBeauty

Im only on my 2nd day and have been quite hungry today. :sigh:

Im not loving the choc shakes, worst out the three but they taste better blended with ice (as do they all!) Do you have a blender cos I think it has improved my chances of succeeding ten fold...they are so much lighter and frothier and somehow improve the flavour! ;)

Well im nipping to Chemist in morning to swap some of my choc and strawberry for vanilla and chicken soup (tasted bit of my mate's in work and found it ok). Had Vanilla for my tea tonight and think its lovely...ellie's right they do taste a bit like custard creams!!

Im only a day ahead of you and already feel positive and confident about sticking to it. Though think early nights are best the first few days to avaoid thinking about food and staring at the fridge!! Hoping tomorrow the hunger will start going though its not been too bad so far (less than I thought actually) as im drinking about 3-4 litres a day. Hoping to go into the infamous Ketosis in the next two days and start losing the fat :p!!

Good luck! Keep us informed...you will find lots of kind words and support on here...were all in the same boat! x

Hi Raven

Im just finished day 5 and I swear It is a lot easier than the first 3 days on day 3 my partner had to stand in front of the fridge so I could not get a piece of ham :D I was starving and starting trying to convince myself that I enjoy life much better as a fat girl (because I can have food) but he was firm and would not let me near the fridge so I went to bed and was so happy when I woke up on day 4 for not having the ham..... But it does get easier, I quite like the strawberry and choclate shakes not fond of the vinilla but thats all I have left for the rest of the week (which is just tomorow yipiee) I cant stomach the chicken soup, I was heaving and nearly sick but had to force my self to driink it. Best of luck and this is a great forum because there are loads of brilliant girls on this with great advice and help... and it makes it so much easier..

Hi Raven - well I dont think there is that much I can add to what everyones said - just keep on going! Get through the first few days and you will find it is just plain simple! You'll also start to like the shakes too, honest, trust me! Well maybe not strawberry, I cant stand that either!! Dont forget to try the flapjacks too :)

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on!

It must get easier......say it gets easier...please!

Day 2:

Well I would like to thank all of you :thankyou:for your messages of support and of course your good ideas. I had heard that I should not split a sachet ie use it all in one go so I wasnt sure about the vanilla in your tea or coffee?:confused:

Im glad I did not eat anything I shouldnt have last night although I had an awful night with my three year old because she has a chest infection and slept in my bed as my partner was on night shift. Needless to say she spent most of the night with her feet on my chest or in my ribs and then sat bolt upright at 3 oclock this morning proclaiming that she was going to be sick!!!:sign0137: This was actually a good thing though because at least she didnt throw up all over the bed like she usually does!! Then she slaps me in the face to wake me up (she thought she had gently stroked it I think) at 6am asking for a drink of juice. I had to get up at 6.10am anyway but those 10mins really matter sometimes!!:nightf:
Seriously I probably couldnt have picked a worse week to starve myself but hey these things are sent to test you and what dosent kill you makes you stronger etc etc etc.

I have just had my Strawberry shake for breakfast and actually it didnt taste as bad as yesterday, probably because my body is shouting "ANYTHING, JUST GIVE ME ANYTHING"!:sign0009:

Rachel x

Water, water, water is definately the key to the success of this diet. Hot, cold or room temperature. I find hot water is best for staving off hunger.

You are all doing so well on this diet girls, you will all succeed.

I feel for you too, Raven, I too have a 3 year old daughter, who, incidently called...Raven

Aaaw Rachel, you poor old stick! Hope your day is getting progressively better!

Its apparently fine to split the sachets (just dont make it all up and leave it or you lose nutrients). I take out a teaspoon of dry powder and bung it in my coffee. Some people actually halve the shakes and make them into 6 meals a day... You just shouldnt make them up and leave them longer than 15 mins or so, they say.

You'll probably really get to enjoy the shakes in a few days LOL!!

Its apparently fine to split the sachets (just dont make it all up and leave it or you lose nutrients). I take out a teaspoon of dry powder and bung it in my coffee. Some people actually halve the shakes and make them into 6 meals a day... You just shouldnt make them up and leave them longer than 15 mins or so, they say.

OMG :eek: I cannot believe I did not think of this!! That is such a good idea. I new this site would be a good idea to get me through this!!:p

Water, water, water is definately the key to the success of this diet. Hot, cold or room temperature. I find hot water is best for staving off hunger.

I have been drinking water like its going out of fashion and wearing a path to the loo in the process probably because at least I am swallowing something!! I will try the hot water too though and see if that helps

Rachel (I must do one of those Glitter signatures) x

Welcome RavenBeauty

Im only on my 2nd day and have been quite hungry today. :sigh:
Im only a day ahead of you and already feel positive and confident about sticking to it. Hoping to go into the infamous Ketosis in the next two days and start losing the fat :p!!

Let me know how you are getting on since we are basically at the same stage as each other.

Rachel x:p

Hi Raven

Im just finished day 5 and I swear It is a lot easier than the first 3 days on day 3 my partner had to stand in front of the fridge so I could not get a piece of ham :D

Thats so funny Shellco probably beacuse I can see my self doing something simalar!! :D

Rachel

OOOOHHHH poor you...the first 3 to 4 days are really the worst...but drinking lots of water and a hot drink does help...once these days are over you will in ketosis and hunger will be a thing of the past!!! The shakes even get nicer in taste...honest..... My fav is the vanilla and you can use a spoon to whiten your coffee if you wish!! A nice hot bath now would be the thing and off to bed early with a book or mag!! I log on here to read the threads too and have a look at all the amazing photos which are a real motivation when I am having those weaker moments.....

I cant wait for my Harry Potter(im a big child) book to arrive actually Bea so I can lose myself for a day or two!:)

Chicken Soup

Hey guys and gals! Well im half way through my chicken soup...and struggling!! Like you said Rachel its not bad but the closest it has even been to chicken is the sachet sniffing the oven!! :p But at least it is savoury and hot which is a change after 3days!! Loads of pepper and its not too bland, still a v.powdery taste though!!

Managed to bag myself 3 extra vanilla shakes from chemist though today as not sure if i can face much more choc!!

Not been hungry today though which is good but am really craving a single piece of chicken or fish!No bad taste in my mouth yet so no ketosis I dont think but no sticks to test with! :( Hoping tomo or fri as going to get weighed sat. My weight loss sat will only reflect 5 full days but can never really get to chemist on a week day (mon should be my weekly weigh in). So here's hoping!

OMG :eek: I cannot believe I did not think of this!! That is such a good idea. I new this site would be a good idea to get me through this!!:p

Ooooh there are all sorts of things you can do :cool: I even tried making 'muffins' with my choc mix and a 'cookie' LOL. That was in the first week. However I soon found I simply couldnt be ar*ed with all that cooking milarky and now I can have a flapjack to munch every day I'm quite happy with the sachets as they are, its surprising how quickly you just get used to it all :)

However... the fudge and icecream recipes might be worth a try ;)

I tried using a teaspoon of the vanilla in my black tea today and although it looked like something you may find in the toilet it tasted ok:rolleyes:!

I have got a bad taste in my mouth but I am only on 2 full days so I would doubt I am in ketosis yet although I am in the same boat as you and have no sticks to pee on!!:D

I think it was ducatidiva who said about adding lo salt, tabasco or curry powder to the chicken soup but im not sure if this would knock me back to square one so for this week at least I will try to suffer the soup bland as it is!:cry:

I did put ice in my choc shake this evening however and it was surprisingly tasty!! :)

Only managed half my soup so ditched the rest and am drinking water and black tea to keep me going. think ill have an early night tonight as got a feeling gonna be hungry later as only had half my soup!

Yes the ice is a big help and I couldnt do without my blender for the shakes, it makes such a difference!

Oh your lucky if your already starting ketosis as not sure im there yet but hopefully get another litre or so of water down me tonight and think it should kick in soon...fingers crossed!

Back