Day one on Lipotrim and I am sooooo hungry!

I tried using a teaspoon of the vanilla in my black tea today and although it looked like something you may find in the toilet it tasted ok:rolleyes:!

I have got a bad taste in my mouth but I am only on 2 full days so I would doubt I am in ketosis yet although I am in the same boat as you and have no sticks to pee on!!:D

I think it was ducatidiva who said about adding lo salt, tabasco or curry powder to the chicken soup but im not sure if this would knock me back to square one so for this week at least I will try to suffer the soup bland as it is!:cry:

I did put ice in my choc shake this evening however and it was surprisingly tasty!! :)

Firstly... tip for adding vanilla to tea/coffee - mix it up with a little water before you put it in! That way it looks just like normal white tea/coffee - sorry, should have told you that :eek:

You might actully be in ketosis - thats how I knew, a really *odd* taste in my mouth! Cant think of any way to describe it but *odd*!

I know Bea puts black pepper in her soup, I have done it a couple of times and its fine, it rings the changes. Personally I wouldnt recommend putting anything else in - I tried a smidge of paprika last week and I felt a bit hungry afterwards so no way am I going to do that again - its just simply not worth knocking yourself out of ketosis for a bit of extra tastiness! You'll hopefully find that you can soon really taste the parsley in it, mmmm parsely!! Deeeelish!

Only managed half my soup so ditched the rest and am drinking water and black tea to keep me going. think ill have an early night tonight as got a feeling gonna be hungry later as only had half my soup!

Yes the ice is a big help and I couldnt do without my blender for the shakes, it makes such a difference!
Aaw Jenni sorry you couldnt face the soup. It does get better. I find haing sparkling water in the evenings helps me too. early nights - hell yes, I had a whole week full of those my first week, best thing you can do to take your mind off it!!!

One thing I also noticed from talking to other dieters is that we all seemed to be 'evening snackers' - when we finish work for the day and want to chill out, have a drink or 2, and watch a bit of TV or a movie, it tends to be habitual to have something to munch on too.... Maybe thats why evenings always seem harder when you are dieting?!

Do you think if I have a vanilla shake now as only had nearly half my soup I would be be knocking myself off the plan? Im really hungry and water just aint doing it!!

Omg yes definately evening snackers....settle down to watch the box and munch....lol.
No more now though.

Do you think if I have a vanilla shake now as only had nearly half my soup I would be be knocking myself off the plan? Im really hungry and water just aint doing it!!

If you didnt have much of the soup I would have a pack......the first week is so hard, and its better to have a little extra than to go and eat the kitchen full of food.

Yeah I agree have the shake rather than nothing or everything in the fridge!!:)

Duacatidiva/Elle whichever you prefere what the heck are the fudge and ice cream recipes??? Dont tease me snot fair! :)

I have been told that it is better to have a 4th shake/soup then to find yourself starving and dive straight in to that crisp packet! :drool:

I like the idea of adding a bit of vanilla shake to coffee, does it make it kind of creamy? I assume the packet will count towards daily rations?! Do you just make it then with less water?

Lindy

Havent had that advice about taking a 4th shake but it would make sense...wonder what other think who have been on LT longer? I like Black Coffee but have tried it a few times with the vanilla and just makes it whiteish...I suppose if you but a good heaped spoon it would be a coffee cream LOL. I just made the shake with the remaining powder and same water....

Yeah I agree have the shake rather than nothing or everything in the fridge!!:)

Duacatidiva/Elle whichever you prefere what the heck are the fudge and ice cream recipes??? Dont tease me snot fair! :)

Aaaaaw hun its ok, they are things that you can make up with your sachets!!! Icemoose has some recipes on his blog (you'll find him mostly in the CD forum) and also, I think there is a sticky at the top of the CD forum with recipes! Some of them are only suitable for CD, but things like muffin and cookie and fudge you can do with LT packs! Give it a whirl :D

PS - just call me 'Oi You with Weird Names' if you like :rotflmao:

Aaaaaw hun its ok, they are things that you can make up with your sachets!!! Icemoose has some recipes on his blog (you'll find him mostly in the CD forum) and also, I think there is a sticky at the top of the CD forum with recipes! Some of them are only suitable for CD, but things like muffin and cookie and fudge you can do with LT packs! Give it a whirl :D

PS - just call me 'Oi You with Weird Names' if you like :rotflmao:

Oi you with the weird names:D do you happen to know which sticky it could be in just to save a bit of time coz there is a heck of alot of reading in that forum!! :eek:

I had a look at that and some of the recipes sound nice but I dont really understand the abrieviations so I have no idea which diet they apply to. I didnt see LT in any of them am I being a div?:confused:

:party0023:WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! Well done!! I cant wait for my first weigh in!!

Seriously dosent it just make you want to smile a big cheesey grin all day!!:D

Im a bit scared........

I have a hen weekend to go to in Dublin on the last weekend of July and I dont know what to do. Not having a drink is not really an option (well it is but.....) :Dand I dont really know what to do about food. I wouldnt think that having shakes in the morning and afternoon would be much use if I am having an evening meal as this would knock me out of Ketosis anyway, and if I am going to have a drink in the evenings then I would like to have had something to eat or I will fall over very quickly:rotflmao:!! I originally started LT because of the hen weekend and we are all getting dressed up in 80s type clothes and hotpants are part of the outfit but now I really want to keep going so......... am I better to stop just like that and start again on the Monday or gradually start to eat a bit b4 I go?:break_diet:

When I get there and do eat, what should I avoid/eat?

I went on ther Dublin meet ......... with my CD bars and tetras and had an evening meal of tuna salad, or chicken tandori and salad each night. Came back and i'd lost 5lb!! So it can be done!

Have a great time in Dublin - it is a beautiful city and a great place for the craic!

I had a look at that and some of the recipes sound nice but I dont really understand the abrieviations so I have no idea which diet they apply to. I didnt see LT in any of them am I being a div?:confused:

Ooooh no you arent being a div! Basically anything which requires a sachet of choccy or vanilla or strawberry to be mixed up with different amounts of water. I think it refers to VLCD foods in general!

Well girls, Just back from my weighin and oh my God I lost half a stone, 7 whole pounds im so happy, pure motivation dont mind doing it now that I can see the difference :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Go Shell!!!! How exciting is this?! :D

I have a hen weekend to go to in Dublin on the last weekend of July and I dont know what to do. Not having a drink is not really an option (well it is but.....) :Dand I dont really know what to do about food. I wouldnt think that having shakes in the morning and afternoon would be much use if I am having an evening meal as this would knock me out of Ketosis anyway, and if I am going to have a drink in the evenings then I would like to have had something to eat or I will fall over very quickly:rotflmao:!! I originally started LT because of the hen weekend and we are all getting dressed up in 80s type clothes and hotpants are part of the outfit but now I really want to keep going so......... am I better to stop just like that and start again on the Monday or gradually start to eat a bit b4 I go?:break_diet:

When I get there and do eat, what should I avoid/eat?

What Beverley says seems to be a good plan, stick mainly to proteins and green veg! If you come out of ketosis its will only take a couple of days to get back into it :)

Im only on the shakes because im on LT:( and havent got to the lovely flapjak stage yet. What pray tell is a tetra?

Back