Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Afternoon Daz :) Hope today is serving you well!

Food looking good today, when's tea? I'll nip round lmao :p

Not to bad thanks, been up since 6.30am, have a feeling i shall suffer for that later. You ok?

Change of plan flower, burgers are made but not sure i shall be having any, had a text to say im being picked up and taken out at 3pm, so could well be a change of eating plan by tea time.

Blooming heck, 6.30!? I was only just nodding off then! Insomnia is a side effect of my medication so I'm a night owl lol :) Plus it started to cool down around 6 too!

I'm ok today though, fancy a lazy day. I need to nip into town though and grab some fruit and veg but I really CBA. I just want to sit back and watch An Idiot Abroad all day!

Ooo, you going anywhere nice?

Blooming heck, 6.30!? I was only just nodding off then! Insomnia is a side effect of my medication so I'm a night owl lol :) Plus it started to cool down around 6 too!

I'm ok today though, fancy a lazy day. I need to nip into town though and grab some fruit and veg but I really CBA. I just want to sit back and watch An Idiot Abroad all day!

Ooo, you going anywhere nice?

Im the opposite way round, crap at being up late, once my head hits the pillow im gone within seconds, but, in the mornings im awake with the light, and sometimes before it. Got up this morning and tidied up behind the parents, done some dishes, had coffee, watered my plants, emptied the bin. Proper little "housewife" i was. Normally stay in bed and watch the telly. lol.

As long as you have the right foods in the house to survive then enjoy doing nothing.

Not sure yet, first time meeting a lovely lady i have been chatting to online, She is picking me up, and whisking me away. Could be to my impending doom for all i know. She has actually said that She likes the LBD challenge, although as a punishment, if i dont reach target by the set date then when i do reach it i will have to model for Her. hmmmm, there could be trouble ahead. lol.

Hey sounds like you've a good day planned, how exciting meeting somebody new. What's the LBD challenge?

Saturday 27th July

Breakfast

Coffee (50 ml dash milk) x 2 (HEa) 1 dash = 20% of milk allowance

Bacon, eggs, beans, 1 slice toast (wholemeal 800g) with marmite, mushroom, tomato, coffee (HEb, HEa 3rd dash milk for coffee = 60%)

Mid Morning

Hot chocolate (Cadbury's Hot Chocolate Instant - 1 syn per tsp) 3 syns

Lunch

Fresh Strawberries covered in Strawberry Mullerlight, followed by a banana. (i WILL pull back yesterdays indulgences)

Dinner

Turkey Burgers (homemade ww recipe) salad

This will be modified as the day progresses.

Well that went totally out the window. Spent a good few hours out and all i did was drink coffee. No turkey burgers, in fact no food at all (far to engrossed in convo)
So will have to modify this drastically now. I think it will be easier just to note the syns value. grrrr.

Saturday 27th July

Breakfast

Coffee (50 ml dash milk) x 2 (HEa) 1 dash = 20% of milk allowance

Bacon, eggs, beans, 1 slice toast (wholemeal 800g) with marmite, mushroom, tomato, coffee (HEb, HEa 3rd dash milk for coffee = 60%)

Mid Morning

Hot chocolate (Cadbury's Hot Chocolate Instant - 1 syn per tsp) 3 syns

Lunch

Fresh Strawberries covered in Strawberry Mullerlight, followed by a banana. (i WILL pull back yesterdays indulgences)

Dinner

Turkey Burgers (homemade ww recipe) salad (ABORTED)

Instead i had 3 cups of coffee and a costa mocha. (2.5 syns for the extra milk in coffee, 7.5 syns for the mocha)

This will be modified as the day progresses.

13 syns for the day, a lot better than 30 the day before i suppose. Out for dinner today but im certain i can change the meal enough to avoid syns. But its in a pub, can i avoid a beer or 2? hmmmm.

Sunday 28th July

Breakfast

35g Tesco Muesli (HEb)(HEa @ milk x 50 ml) with chopped banana, coffee x 2 (HEa x 100 ml) (Total milk of 150 ml/60% of allowance)

Dinner

Pub Lunch of Steak. Will swap chips for new potatoes, ask for NO garlic butter (gutted) and see if the 5 onion rings can be swapped for a side salad. :cry:

Tea

Will attempt again to have the home made Turkey burgers with a salad. The burgers were made with breadcrumbs added (grrrr) so will have to add 5 syns :(

Extras

Banana x 2, yogurt, coffee (using last of today's milk)

Actually managed to do as planned in the pub, couple of glasses of diet pepsi, no dessert, and swapped all necessaries on the main course.
I drink squash throughout the day, double strength no extra sugar, which is free. Have had to give away a carton of apple juice as its 20 syns for the 1 litre. :cry:

Last edited:
I think it's harder for men to stay clear of beer in a pub, I was chatting to OH about this, for me it's easy to say no to alcohol, but for a bloke OH said he feels under pressure to have a beer whilst in a pub. What will you drink instead of beer?

Diet Pepsi i expect, will only need one if i have that. Not that the pub will make any money out of my drinking that way. lol. (Although it is the biggest profit margin for them)

Monday 29th July

Breakfast

35g Tesco Muesli with chopped fresh strawberries, coffee. (HEb, 50ml milk HEa x 2)

Lunch

Omelette with onion and baked beans

Coffee in town, asked for black with separate milk so I could ensure i kept to plan. (HEa, 50ml milk x 1)

Dinner

Some concoction with rice, stock, leaves, herbs, spices. (maybe a risotto? Not certain yet?)

Usual squash for drinking through the day
Bananas.
Vanilla Mullerlight, with quark, satsuma segments(fresh)
Coffee (HEa, 50ml milk x 1)
Kelloggs biscuit moment (5 syns)

Average syns for week = 60 over 4 days = 15 per day (bang on target)

Last edited:
Tuesday 30th July

Breakfast

Beans on wholemeal toast, spread with Bovril and a fried egg on top (cooked in low cal spray). Coffee x 2 (HEb, HEa 50 ml x 2)

Lunch

Fresh strawberries covered with yogurt (Activia Fat Free) and a banana.
(I knew the breakfast would stop the need for a proper lunch)

Coffee (HEa 50 ml x 1)

Dinner

Jacket spud with bolognaise sauce (homemade syn free)
Pudding made up of quark and yogurt and fresh fruit of some sort. (strawberries, again)

Squash through the day for drinking.

I have started on the 1% milk which gives me another 50 ml of milk per day (300 ml instead of 250 ml) which equals more coffee. Bonus. lol.

And after all that, i need to have a cappuccino to use up the remainder of today's milk. (HEa 50 ml x 3)
Add to that a Kelloggs Biscuit Moment (5 syns)

Last edited:
Wednesday 31st July

Today's delights

Breakfast

Bacon, beans, egg and bovril on wholemeal toast, coffee x 2. (HEb, HEa x 50 ml x 2)

Mid morning coffee x 1 (HEa x 50 ml x 1)

Dinner

Steak sliced and fried with garlic, parsley, tomatoes, served on a bed of pasta.
Going out today, picked up at 3.30pm so really not sure whats happening food wise after this, hence why dinner at lunch time.

Coffee x 2 (HEa x 50 ml x 2)

Ended up in the Harvester in Taunton, free salad, followed by a rump steak, new potatoes, peas and a grilled tomato.

All in all, a good day, lovely company again, and a pint of beer to boot. (7 syns) Can live with that.

Last edited:
Back