Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Thursday 1st August

Breakfast

35g Tesco Muesli with milk, coffee x 2. (HEb, HEa x 225 ml) Its only 11.30 am and i only have enough milk left for 3 coffees. :cry:

Really have no idea what else im having today, will sort as i go.

Hey flower, not the best of days really. Didnt have any lunch, then just a couple of pork steaks with some boiled spuds and a small amount of veg. Struggling with it all again now. Weighed this morning so i had a start weight for the august challenge, and still only lost a single pound in the last 6 days. Really fed up of the slow rate for all the effort.

It doesnt make sense, 2lb loss since yesterday? im not going to challenge that, keeping WELL AWAY from the scales for a few days now. But 1lb short now of the first stone off, not sure if to wait a week or weigh daily, i was wanting to pinpoint the days of my goals achieved. hmmm, dilemma. I can imagine how i will feel if i go back up again from the daily fluctuations.

Anyway, no lunch yesterday, think it was the weather mainly, just couldnt be bothered with moving and doing something. Clearly wasnt hungry. It didnt help that people were here most of the morning organising the funeral of an aunty that passed away wednesday. Kind of made for a really strange day.

As for dinner, small veg, etc, my Mother cooked dinner, something of which she has a habit of feeding me the same size portions as she gives to my Father. Really not enough food for me. I normally cook myself which ensures that i get enough, but with everything going on and a little bit of feeling down (residule problem leftover from the stroke, happens occasionally) i just allowed Mother to cook me the same as them.

Back on track today though. Will be in the kitchen any second now. Wheres me pinny?

Friday 2nd August

Breakfast

Coffee x 2, using up yesterdays milk quota, not sure if it can be carried over? Input please. (HEa x 125 ml)
Have decided being that i didnt drink it yesterday then its free to use up today. So.........

35g Muesli with chopped banana. (HEb, HEa x 50 ml)

Lunch/Dinner

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cottage-pie#.UftmZLVwq2Y

SW cottage pie, totally free. Will have some for lunchtime, as a dinner, due to going out again this afternoon. Not sure what the agenda is and if it will involve eating out.

Last edited:
Oh well at least you know why yesterday wasn't brill.

Hex's can't be carried over:( but I do carryover/save my syns for the weekend. Usually on a Saturday night my MiL comes over & we share a bottle of wine & have a fair amount of chocolate, something we've always done, so I don't want to change that, I can have about 40 syns in one eve.

Have a good day.

Oh well, i have, and will. lol. Its not something that normally happens, having milk left over, and the small amount we are talking about isnt going to bother me.

Friday 2nd August

Breakfast

Coffee x 2, using up yesterdays milk quota, not sure if it can be carried over? Input please. (HEa x 125 ml)
Have decided being that i didnt drink it yesterday then its free to use up today. So.........

35g Muesli with chopped banana. (HEb, HEa x 50 ml)

Lunch/Dinner

Cottage Pie | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

SW cottage pie, totally free. Will have some for lunchtime, as a dinner, due to going out again this afternoon. Not sure what the agenda is and if it will involve eating out.

Right, how to sort this one out? In the overall concept of things i dont think it will be to bad, lets face it last Friday i did 30 syns and still managed to come in way under 15 per day average, so......

Dinner/Evening meal

Pub meal. Obligatory steak obviously, with chips (asked for potatoes instead, only option, ROAST potatoes. With a steak? Fool. NO healthy option potatoes? Crap pub. No, crap food pub. And lets face it, its a concept pub, the roasts will go through the deep fat fryer as well) (yes, 20 years experience of managing pubs says i know what im talking about there, lol). Onion rings, did manage to swap them for a side salad. Awesome. As much as i love onion rings. :cry: BUT.......when the meal finally arrived, they had covered the salad in an unknown and unasked for dressing.

Now, the pub was a little busy, so the option of getting up and walking out after complaining wouldnt have been viable. We had been to another pub up the road and only turned around in the car park as it was so packed. The fact that we walked in and straight to a table probably spoke volumes, but easier to eat and put up with the syns than trying to go elsewhere. Well, it was once they brought us some cutlery to lay on the beer stained table, after our meals had arrived.

Such a shame really as the food was surprisingly good.

So, the meal itself will have been ok except the chips being fried in a deep fat fryer, and the dressing on the salad. Not sure how i can count that? 2 pints of beer, would guess around 14 - 15 syns. And a couple of coffees earlier in the afternoon, still within the milk allowance that was left for the day.

I think i shall leave it there, and start again today. Wanted to weigh this morning to see if i have lost that 1lb that makes a full stone loss, but i think i shall wait somehow. :D

I've no idea how many syns are in the chips, but you have two options, just put it to one side & move on, as you say start again today, or find out what the syns for chips & beer are & deduct from your weekly syn allowance, obviously you'll have less syns per day until next WI, is that douable?

Things like that are part of every day & it's how we deal with them along side SW which is a challenge & sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not.

overall not too bad a day yesterday, you could have got home & thought sod it i'll have..........

Im not worried about the beer, generally a pint of ale seems to be roughly 7 syns, thats fine, its just the chips and salad dressing. And as i say, its not a problem, i will just start again today, and be just as disciplned as ever, but my point is more about the service and bad customer service in the pub. I havent come across a food pub in years who dont have another option alongside chips for plated meals.

There are clearly a lot of ping and ding concept food pubs of which the food has a lot of issues, but there are also a lot of very good food pubs, even concepts. Yes its better to find a nice little pub somewhere that is owned by the people that run it, normally doing a lot of home made things on their menu, but its always at a cost, same as everything, You get what You pay for. But we had a Harvester meal the other night, it was excellent, cooked on griddles in front of us almost (viewable kitchen) so no microwave items, and it was heaving, on a Wednesday evening, pretty much says everything about its reputation.

Back