Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Sorry if this is putting a dampener on the subject of eating places but if you could see what does actually happen behind the scenes despite the Health & Hygiene rules you'd def have a fit!..and that goes for the majority of places. Unfortunately it's all a matter of not being able to watch the workers 100% of the time 'cos face fiddling, hair scratching and the like all goes on and it can spread germs quicker than anything.
I was always taught that when you enter the kitchen..as with hospital surgery.. your hands don't belong to you.
I have seen people don hygiene gloves and then proceed to pick their nose!!.. :eek: .. nuff said!
However..I do eat out and often go to Morrisons who do some nice meals...just close my mind off to the doings in the kitchens.. :whistle:

Thursday 1st August

Breakfast

35g Tesco Muesli with milk, coffee x 2. (HEb, HEa x 225 ml) Its only 11.30 am and i only have enough milk left for 3 coffees. :cry:

Really have no idea what else im having today, will sort as i go.

Hello! Have to thought of mixing your muesli with a muller? Works nicely with porridge - and saves milk for the essential coffees! :)

As a person who has spent the past 20 years running pubs as a troubleshooter and trying to keep them open, i am fully versed in what happens in pubs and their kitchens. Needless to say i do have my own opinion of it and i shall carry on eating in them.

One thing i shall say is that with the way the trade has altered over the past few years there are a lot more pub kitchens that i would trust over household kitchens. What bad experiences have been had by one does not mean that all pubs, in fact public eating places as a whole, should be tarred with the same brush. Will every single plumber overcharge you for his work, will every mechanic in the country rip a female off, will every hamper company go into liquidation after knowingly taking money from you before going bust? No, same as not every pub has bad hygiene issues going on. Every person who works in any kitchen in the world will touch their face, scratch the end of their nose, touch their hair, doesnt mean that person is a dirty tramp with no care for their kitchen and what happens within it. Video record yourself next time you spend a few hours cooking in your kitchen and see what you do. I only need to mention chopping boards or fridges and i know full well most houses are miles removed from a trading kitchen with the knowledge of how each should be used or organised. In fact the everyday household fridge is not even designed right to be kitchen compliant in a trading situation.

Yes, i have walked into pubs and found issues with kitchens, not everybody is conscientious about their trade, but i can assure you that there are a lot more hygiene friendly pubs than there are dirty hell holes that want to open up daily just to poison people.

Hello! Have to thought of mixing your muesli with a muller? Works nicely with porridge - and saves milk for the essential coffees! :)

Excuse my ignorance here, but what sort of muller? Before sw i had only ever known of their corner variety, and now i am using mullerlights for puddings, along with some quark, but do you mean another such variety or the light that i have mentioned? Of course i am using common sense to determine that it wouldnt be a corner, but one never does know. Chocolate and chili being a perfect example. lol.

Standard muller light- vanilla or anything... or any free yogurt will do.

I actually eat Asda cheap natural yog with flavouring like coconut and sweetner stirred through, but that's 2 syns for the whole pot (500g). They are 45 p as opposed to 60 p for one muller- but I'm a student and would rather spend my pennies on fruit.

I will have to try that, i have been chopping up a banana or strawberries to have with it, otherwise it is so boring and non satisfying. Especially the amount of 35g.

i have mullerlights here, actually just had a vanilla one with a banana chopped up,. was really nice. I find that these are normally on offer somewhere across the supermarket world.

Saturday 3rd AUGUST

Right, a little late today, bloody weather is playing havoc with me i think, having spent more time sleeping than doing anything else.

Breakfast

Saturday morning ritual of a full English......

1 slice wholemeal bread as toast, spread with marmite, covered in beans, topped with a fried egg (cooked in low cal cooking spray), 2 large field mushrooms, 2 slices lean bacon, and half a grilled tomato. (HEb)

Coffee (HEa x 50 ml)

Dinner

Just a vanilla Mullerlight over a chopped banana.

Tea

Trying angels Lemon and garlic chicken.
Chopped chicken breast cooked in lemon juice, with chopped garlic. I have added some parsley picked from the garden, will lay it on a bed of rice cooked with peas, and a pocket of salad leaves, also from the garden.

And BEER. 1 pint so far, may have another, may not, not really certain yet. (7 syns so far)

Had a second beer, so thats a total of 14 syns for the day.

Last edited:
Sunday 4th August

Breakfast

35g Muesli, with low fat natural yogurt. (really not nice, wont be doing that again)(HEb)
Milky Coffee (125 ml HEa)

Dinner

Roast chicken salad, with leaves from the garden, pepper, courgette, onion, lettuce, boiled new potatoes, pickled beetroot and silverskin onions.
Coffee (HEa x 50 ml)

Tea

Just a banana covered with Banana Mullerlight this evening.

Coffee, using up last of the days milk allowance.

Tomorrow i shall endevour getting back in the swing of things. Not enough fruit and veg going on the last few days.

Last edited:
Sunday 4th August

Breakfast

35g Muesli, with low fat natural yogurt. (really not nice, wont be doing that again)(HEb)

Dinner

Roast chicken salad, with leaves from the garden, pepper, courgette, onion, lettuce, boiled new potatoes, pickled beetroot and silverskin onions.
Coffee (HEa x 50 ml)

Tea

TBA

Just read that quickly and thought you had gone really naturalist eating leaves from the trees!! :giggle:
And..I love natural yogurt..you do get used to the taste after a while.

Sunday 4th August

Breakfast

Dinner

Coffee (HEa x 50 ml)

Tea

Just a banana covered with Banana Mullerlight this evening.

Coffee, using up last of the days milk allowance.

Tomorrow i shall endevour getting back in the swing of things. Not enough fruit and veg going on the last few days.

Updated, late i know, but still, updated. Really need to get back on track tomorrow. Although, 3lb loss last week so god only knows what i would achieve if i were "on track"

Hi Daz sorry I haven't been around a lot this week.. my mind has been elsewhere! Not looking forward to wi in the morning :( I think my decreased appetite has gone against me! How did you find the lemon and garlic chicken?

Xx

Not good flower, i dont want to have to drive all that way just to spank your arse (dont panic, dvla wont let me drive anyway, lol)

You will be fine, maybe not today, who knows, but keep on going, You will get there, just keep the faith.

I found the lemon and garlic chicken easy, it was in the fridge. :8855:
it was really nice, maybe a little to much lemon, but will know that for next time.

Monday 5th August

Breakfast

Coffee x 2 (50 ml x 2 HEa)
Toffee Mullerlight over chopped banana

Lunch

Beans on toast, marmite on the toast, fried egg and bacon, cooked in low cal cooking spray. (HEb)

Dinner

Roast chicken in pasatta with fresh parsley and garlic, on pasta.

Back