Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Thats only 2 syns for the sausages Daz - no idea on the beer though

Will need 2 days of no syns to catch up with the syns from the last 2 days. lol. But, that will be easy. Its like i say, i only syn within food, don't do chocolate bars and crisps etc, so i just ensure my menu is syn free stuff. Look at last week, 65 syn on the Sunday? ANd i managed to come in on target.

I dont think I could be like some take from the 105 a week - I like to work on daily syns then I know where im at

I dont think I could be like some take from the 105 a week - I like to work on daily syns then I know where im at

Thats why i like my food plan spreadsheet, it calculates how many syns i have used and what i have left, its stated at the top of the page.

Thats why i like my food plan spreadsheet, it calculates how many syns i have used and what i have left, its stated at the top of the page.

I know ive seen it- loads do it, Im like you and ill stick to what works for me. Im just having a hot choccy taking me up to 12.5 for the day oops

Well, a little bit of a blow out over the weekend. Visitor on Friday so a few beers were had, of which there were some left over on Saturday so i enjoyed them in the evening, and then after drinking the last bottle on the Sunday during the Liverpool match (yes, i follow Liverpool) i felt a want to walk to the pub and enjoy being outside in the sun for a bit. As well as celebrating a cracking result.

Apart from the bread on Sunday evening when i returned from the pub the over indulgence has all been beer pretty much. And as much as i am regretting such indulgences its not annoyed me that i have gained. In fact i am pretty happy with the where i have arrived, considering i nearly, very nearly, gave into temptation as i passed the chip shop on the way home, it could have been so much worse.

One thing i have noticed with alcohol is that it works off again pretty quickly. I should get back to where i was last weigh in, if not lower, so all is good. But i have gone over the weekly syns allowance clearly, so i shall need to be careful for a few days. Lots of soup and salad me thinks.

View attachment 133704

Hmmm see I'm with you on the alcohol it does seem to drop of easier, I'm sure it has something to do with it being liquid & not a solid.

Have the makers of Alpen Light Bars suddenly changed the ingredients? I bought 4 boxes of them due to being low in syns and also possible to eat as a healthy extra choice, and now, they are no longer listed as healthy extras, what is that about? As far as i am concerned i have used 2 today as healthy extras, i don't care what excuses come my way. Nothing has changed in 2 weeks to say otherwise.

All in all i am going well after the gain over the weekend due to over indulgence on beer. Less than half a lb to go and back on track, and i have Thursday and Friday weigh ins to get there. I feel great that i now seem to be able to work off any gain with sensible eats. My diary sheet may not look all that appetising but i can assure you that i have enjoyed it and have not felt hungry at any point.

Really have got into the noodles and beansprouts cooked off in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. And thanks to I predict a diet i now have the Fakeaway book and getting some bits for that tomorrow. Lots of new foods for me to enjoy and stay on track with.

(and just noticed i have missed half a syn on the sheet for my dollop of light mayo. grrrr)

View attachment 133932

As long as you use the old stock Daz you can still use them, its when the new packaging ones start coming into the shops they will no longer be a hexb. So the ones that say 70cals are fine

Why, what have they done?

Weetabix have changed the recipe -there are more calories and less fibre in the bars so no can no longer be classed as a hexb.

I think Asda will be getting the new ones first and then they will roll them out into other supermarkets

Weetabix have changed the recipe -there are more calories and less fibre in the bars so no can no longer be classed as a hexb.

I think Asda will be getting the new ones first and then they will roll them out into other supermarkets

Bloody hell, only just sussed them out as well. grrrrr.

No we don't have one anywhere close. There are some other options on the now very short list though.

What about stocking up from Asda while they have the old stocks in when you do an online shop? I think it will be a good couple of weeks before the old ones start to disappear from the shelves

What about stocking up from Asda while they have the old stocks in when you do an online shop? I think it will be a good couple of weeks before the old ones start to disappear from the shelves

Yes, might do. To be honest its not the healthy extra factor thats the issue, i can live with other things like bread or cereal for that, its the fact it gives the impression of being a chocolate bar for low syns, plus the cost, they were on offer when i bought them. Very few of the low syn stuff ever happens to be on offer that often. I just refuse to pay stupid money for something that is actually more of a psychological factor than a filling bar of chocolate.

Yes, might do. To be honest its not the healthy extra factor thats the issue, i can live with other things like bread or cereal for that, its the fact it gives the impression of being a chocolate bar for low syns, plus the cost, they were on offer when i bought them. Very few of the low syn stuff ever happens to be on offer that often. I just refuse to pay stupid money for something that is actually more of a psychological factor than a filling bar of chocolate.

I think they were 2 boxes for £3 in Asda last week when I bought them. Lately ive used them to make Kays cheesecakes nom nom - as cereal/snack bars they dont fill me (maybe im just a greedy guts lol)

Back