Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Yeah as far as i can tell its a bit like SW - I still couldnt go back to pointing stuff all the time. All plans work though if you follow them properly eh

Not so sure anymore. Seeing what I have counted on there, some foods that SW says is ok and yet is not reading good figures on there, makes one wonder. But I have always said that all of these food plans are designed to keep you on them, how else would they keep making their millions?

Not so sure anymore. Seeing what I have counted on there, some foods that SW says is ok and yet is not reading good figures on there, makes one wonder. But I have always said that all of these food plans are designed to keep you on them, how else would they keep making their millions?

What type of stuff is reading bad figures?

Ah gotcha. I know with WW you used to have to check saturated fats etc it was a nightmare lol

Too many saturates, not enough fibre, protein and carbs, according to them. And its the same as what i would normally eat. Except, i have had more cheese today than what i would ever normally have. Cheese and ham salad for lunch, and lasagne for dinner. Oooops.

I think its far too easy to be a bit obsessive with this stuff.

Hi Daz how ya doing ?

Sent from my MT15i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great minds think alike, just come on here to do the sheets. haha.

All good ta, a little effort goes a long way. 3 lb off in 5 days of calorie counting and food balancing. Even if i only do it for a few weeks and then resort back to the SW concept of eating, i am hopeful that i shall at last get to target. Finally beneath the dreaded 170 lb mark, waist is half inch smaller and hips 1 and a half inches thinner. And i am actually enjoying getting the balances right. Luckily i have the time and inclination to do it but it is really worth it. I think it has actually proven what I have been saying all along that the likes of SW and WW are designed specifically for people to fail so they keep your money rolling in.

Are you well, good week?

Great minds think alike, just come on here to do the sheets. haha.

All good ta, a little effort goes a long way. 3 lb off in 5 days of calorie counting and food balancing. Even if i only do it for a few weeks and then resort back to the SW concept of eating, i am hopeful that i shall at last get to target. Finally beneath the dreaded 170 lb mark, waist is half inch smaller and hips 1 and a half inches thinner. And i am actually enjoying getting the balances right. Luckily i have the time and inclination to do it but it is really worth it. I think it has actually proven what I have been saying all along that the likes of SW and WW are designed specifically for people to fail so they keep your money rolling in.

Are you well, good week?

Yayyy well done on the loss and getting below 170. Ive had 3 lovely days off work with an amazing meal out on weds for my anniversary. I was straight back on plan thurs morning. Kathryn has done a little mix of sw and cc this week I think. I suppose it's a case of do whatever works for you.

Yayyy well done on the loss and getting below 170. Ive had 3 lovely days off work with an amazing meal out on weds for my anniversary. I was straight back on plan thurs morning. Kathryn has done a little mix of sw and cc this week I think. I suppose it's a case of do whatever works for you.

I know it will be a contentious issue with some on here as they think that SW is the only thing that works, but I have said all along that the main weight loss I had was what I put on after the stroke, and that then halted once I got back to what I was previously. No amount of discipline or dedication was losing the tummy. 5 days of this and I am losing weight again, my stomach has shrunk, and I can actually feel it. Its all the proof I need.

Bloody hell, birthday the other day, anniversary this week, what's next? :rotflmao:

...hmm by the way, why are you not including yourself in the challenges ? :p

... now he's gonna reply ` Kay as I've mentioned previously, if your read my posts ... I'm gonna get told :copon: :sigh:

I know it will be a contentious issue with some on here as they think that SW is the only thing that works, but I have said all along that the main weight loss I had was what I put on after the stroke, and that then halted once I got back to what I was previously. No amount of discipline or dedication was losing the tummy. 5 days of this and I am losing weight again, my stomach has shrunk, and I can actually feel it. Its all the proof I need.

Bloody hell, birthday the other day, anniversary this week, what's next? :rotflmao:

Haha what can I say I wish I was a social butterfly I rarely go out now so have to make the most of it lol.

Well lots (myself included) swear by SW because thats what has worked for me. A lot have had success with SW and are now struggling so have moved to WW.
I think all plans work its just finding the right balance. Unfortunately we are not all built the same and different plans work for different people.

Im glad your back on the losing train cos I know how frustrating it was becoming for you not seeing the scales moving below 170

Haha what can I say I wish I was a social butterfly I rarely go out now so have to make the most of it lol.

Well lots (myself included) swear by SW because thats what has worked for me. A lot have had success with SW and are now struggling so have moved to WW.
I think all plans work its just finding the right balance. Unfortunately we are not all built the same and different plans work for different people.

Im glad your back on the losing train cos I know how frustrating it was becoming for you not seeing the scales moving below 170

Slimming World worked great at losing what I had gained through mobility issues, but when it came to the issue of the belly from previous to that gain it just could not get into it. One thing that I have noticed with the calorie counting is that it makes you focus on balance as well. It really helps that there is a simple chart to show the figures mind. And as I have said it is more than advantageous that I have the freedom to take the time to plan properly. Although clearly I would much sooner be ok and able to go back to work. lol.

I shall refrain from biting at Kay's sarky comment above. Just to say that I have actually posted to that effect in the July challenge as I updated it. ;)

lol excuse me Mr have you forgotten your comment about me `says Kay who pulls out of challenges ' hehe I love the way you turned it into a plural when it was only one challenge and bearing in mind I've had an operation recently, so sorry if I'm not performing at my best for everyone ;). Go on, all of you take pot shots at me, but I'm not allowed to have some banter back, ok I get it :p, don't worry, I'm a tough bunny, I will bounce back on my feet :D.

Kay xx

Id love to be able to do some gentle exercise to tone up my tummy as thats now what im not happy with but due to my back pain there is little I can do without it hurting.

Ive tried buying one of those toning things that you squeeze between your thighs and arms but it pulls right on the place my back hurts, I cant do sit ups as that hurts. I can walk which will tone my legs but guess im stuck with flubber gut lol. Maybe I will try a week of the CC before next years hols to get me to bottom of target which would allow me a 6lb gain if needed :eek:

Being back on the challenge will give you something to focus on now your back on the losing train :D

lol excuse me Mr have you forgotten your comment about me `says Kay who pulls out of challenges ' hehe I love the way you turned it into a plural when it was only one challenge and bearing in mind I've had an operation recently, so sorry if I'm not performing at my best for everyone ;). Go on, all of you take pot shots at me, but I'm not allowed to have some banter back, ok I get it :p, don't worry, I'm a tough bunny, I will bounce back on my feet :D.

Kay xx
Kay, sit in the corner quietly, there's a good girl. :ignore::rotflmao:

Id love to be able to do some gentle exercise to tone up my tummy as thats now what im not happy with but due to my back pain there is little I can do without it hurting.

Ive tried buying one of those toning things that you squeeze between your thighs and arms but it pulls right on the place my back hurts, I cant do sit ups as that hurts. I can walk which will tone my legs but guess im stuck with flubber gut lol. Maybe I will try a week of the CC before next years hols to get me to bottom of target which would allow me a 6lb gain if needed :eek:

Being back on the challenge will give you something to focus on now your back on the losing train :D

I have one of those bars that you put in the doorway to shove your feet under to do the sit ups, had a go at it, then bought a mat as i have bare floors and not carpeted (very uncomfortable) and have not done it since. I shall use it as back up if I end up with issue as the tummy goes down.

Maybe I should just save up and have liposuction lol ( not gonna happen). I'll see what consultant at hospital says next week and then go from there. At this moment in time im thinking its gonna mean an Op on my back :-(

Maybe I should just save up and have liposuction lol ( not gonna happen). I'll see what consultant at hospital says next week and then go from there. At this moment in time im thinking its gonna mean an Op on my back :-(

Fingers crossed that it can be sorted for you.

Back