Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Just ask the bloody question Kay. lol. ;)

...hehe okie tokie ...you know your daily calorie allowance/ target of 1700 is that fixed or does that lower as you start to lose more weight ?

Kay xx

I have another question Mr D :) ... you know the fats. fibres, sugar etc list, I figure those are in grams right per day ? Could you not do those in percentages instead so that its easy to see what your day has been made up of for all the categories ? xx

...hehe okie tokie ...you know your daily calorie allowance/ target of 1700 is that fixed or does that lower as you start to lose more weight ?

Kay xx
Not certain about that, although i know that it will go up when i declare activity. I did just over an hours walking this morning so the calories went up to 2050. I think the base level is set from weight, gender, etc, not sure.

I have another question Mr D :) ... you know the fats. fibres, sugar etc list, I figure those are in grams right per day ? Could you not do those in percentages instead so that its easy to see what your day has been made up of for all the categories ? xx
Most of the categories are between 2 figures so there are margins that can be flexed to make it all fit together, and so i use the icons to the right to see if i am within targets. The thumb up icon is all i need, easier than %'s. And yes, it is grams.

Well in that case I think its brill what you've done, the spreadsheet gives you a good indepth breakdown of all areas not just the losses which is good. The reason I asked about the changing target was I went on some websites where you type your details in and it asks you your goal weight, then it shows your daily CC allowance but it reduces it slightly week on week as your weight goes down.

Also I got the idea of percentages from the MFP app. When you log your daily food on there, at the end of the day it gives you a breakdown of all the carbs, sugars, fibre etc you've eaten in the form of a pie chart with percentages and it gives you a daily target for each group too.

I guess there is a lot of info out there, but doing what works for you is the best way forward and I know you know that already. I'm happy for you Daz :), your super talented and I'm not just saying that you are when it comes to spreadsheets, I had to rely on an app to do all that for me :D.

Have you ever thought about designing an app ? Maybe `Spreadsheets for beginners ' hehe me and Sheila will sign up first :p lol xx

Well in that case I think its brill what you've done, the spreadsheet gives you a good indepth breakdown of all areas not just the losses which is good. The reason I asked about the changing target was I went on some websites where you type your details in and it asks you your goal weight, then it shows your daily CC allowance but it reduces it slightly week on week as your weight goes down.

Also I got the idea of percentages from the MFP app. When you log your daily food on there, at the end of the day it gives you a breakdown of all the carbs, sugars, fibre etc you've eaten in the form of a pie chart with percentages and it gives you a daily target for each group too.

I guess there is a lot of info out there, but doing what works for you is the best way forward and I know you know that already. I'm happy for you Daz :), your super talented and I'm not just saying that you are when it comes to spreadsheets, I had to rely on an app to do all that for me :D.

Have you ever thought about designing an app ? Maybe `Spreadsheets for beginners ' hehe me and Sheila will sign up first :p lol xx

I have tried for almost a year now to get Mother to do the challenge spreadsheets, somehow i don't think she will want to have lessons in spreadsheets. lol.

I use the Tesco Wellbeing site, it has the tools and systems and my spreadsheet is just a variation of it. They have a breakdown of the daily foods but there is no weekly concept. I have always said that people would find it a lot easier if they have 7 days to make their figures be right rather than just one day. Of course there still needs to be care, no starving for 6 days and then scoffing on the 7th, but i doubt many would do that. I know that a lot of people on SW will save up syns for the weekend indulgences, its no different than what i have done here with this sheet.

I have tried for almost a year now to get Mother to do the challenge spreadsheets, somehow i don't think she will want to have lessons in spreadsheets. lol.

I use the Tesco Wellbeing site, it has the tools and systems and my spreadsheet is just a variation of it. They have a breakdown of the daily foods but there is no weekly concept. I have always said that people would find it a lot easier if they have 7 days to make their figures be right rather than just one day. Of course there still needs to be care, no starving for 6 days and then scoffing on the 7th, but i doubt many would do that. I know that a lot of people on SW will save up syns for the weekend indulgences, its no different than what i have done here with this sheet.

I will checkout the Tesco Wellbeing site later, not seen that one. I know in group they say weekly syns are not allowed anymore they have to be taken daily, but I know it still works for some people and they continue to do it, different strokes for different folks I guess, I think everyone needs to do what works for them. I agree with what you have always said, these diet companies are money making machines, there is something in their plans which is designed to make us come back, because the minute you stop doing them, you will gain :rolleyes:. xx

I will checkout the Tesco Wellbeing site later, not seen that one. I know in group they say weekly syns are not allowed anymore they have to be taken daily, but I know it still works for some people and they continue to do it, different strokes for different folks I guess, I think everyone needs to do what works for them. I agree with what you have always said, these diet companies are money making machines, there is something in their plans which is designed to make us come back, because the minute you stop doing them, you will gain :rolleyes:. xx

I just wanted something to work alongside of seeing the losses, if they happen of course. The online one they have works fine on a daily basis but i like the overall factor. To be fair, with my slight OCD approach to some things I do make sure that all of the arrows are right on the website version each day anyway.

Kay xx

The daily amount of calories for a man is 2500. Lowering them clearly means the body should lose weight, and thus as that happens the calories should go back up to the 2500 to sustain a healthy weight level. Less calories = lose weight, more calories = gain weight. So im not sure what you seen where the calories were going down weekly.

Ah, an excuse to make a spreadsheet, although a lot less complicated than the challenge ones. A sheet to track my progress with calorie counting for a few weeks. It shows 8 in total but hoping to just do 2 or 3 and then take another look at how things lie. I liked the simplicity of the SW concept and would like to be able to eat around their structure, but for now, while their system couldn't impact on the belly fat i am going to give this a go. And so far so good. Granted i have the time and i find it no effort to weight everything (not sure how long that will last) but the results so far are enough motivation.

View attachment 145138

Someone's been busy :D I look forward to seeing your progress Daz

As for Mother learning spreadsheets - I did basics on a course years ago lol cant remember any of it. I dont know if id have to patience to learn again lol :rolleyes:

Someone's been busy :D I look forward to seeing your progress Daz

As for Mother learning spreadsheets - I did basics on a course years ago lol cant remember any of it. I dont know if id have to patience to learn again lol :rolleyes:

I would much sooner get it onto a web page to be honest, it is a real tie having to update it as much as it needs. As much as the old way was prone to massive problems at least people were responsible for their own updates. That is what i am trying to do, make something where people do their own updates but cannot mess the system up.

I would much sooner get it onto a web page to be honest, it is a real tie having to update it as much as it needs. As much as the old way was prone to massive problems at least people were responsible for their own updates. That is what i am trying to do, make something where people do their own updates but cannot mess the system up.

I know you wont be beat :D you will figure it out Daz I have every faith in you

All good here ladies thank You very much. Been doing the housewife bit, ironed, hoovered, dishes washed, trifle made (mmmm).

Back