Daz FINALLY has a food diary

I like full answers like that.

Years ago I lost 1 uncle & 3 grandparents in the space of 6 wks, people would ask how I was, but I knew they didn't want to know. I'm different if I ask how people are I'd like the truth, if I don't have time to listen I don't ask,!!!

I can prattle for hours, as long as my head is right for responding then my typing can be rather long winded. But, it would help if i would actually teach myself to type. i am not as bed as a one finger typist but i have to look at the keys and that does make for a lot of mistakes. If i do ever take the online course, look out. lol.

Wow you were a busy bumblebee Daz - Its amazing what a little enouragement can do, it appears to have done the trick even if it did tire you out, I bet you felt great because you had done what you have been "meaning" to do for ages.

Just make sure the coin isnt flipped and you end up doing too much!

The soup looks great, ive made 2 SW quiches today in the hope I wont pick at bad stuff ..... having said that im partying tonight god help me in the morning oops

Im being careful Mother. Most of the physical stuff that I can handle is done now. Just cooking and sorting my websites out now really.

Hi Daz you sound like you've covered a lot ! Well done. All that DIY work must have got you exhausted not to mention all the cooking :D. Well done, I'm sure there's some body magic in there with all this productivity going on lol. I love the carrot soup. I want to buy one of those soup makers or a vitamix, they are fab machines. I remember a few weeks back you posted a pic of a dessert in a tall glass, you used quark and some berries I think, I wanted to ask you for the recipe, the pic looked yummy, do you remember which one ?

Kay xx

Hi Daz you sound like you've covered a lot ! Well done. All that DIY work must have got you exhausted not to mention all the cooking :D. Well done, I'm sure there's some body magic in there with all this productivity going on lol. I love the carrot soup. I want to buy one of those soup makers or a vitamix, they are fab machines. I remember a few weeks back you posted a pic of a dessert in a tall glass, you used quark and some berries I think, I wanted to ask you for the recipe, the pic looked yummy, do you remember which one ?

Kay xx

Hi kay,

its hard for people to grasp just how dificult it is to do small things when recovering from a stroke. yes it was almost 2 years ago but it is damage to the brain, so not only does i cause mental tiredness, but the lack of activity due to the vertigo issues it has left me with, even using a hoover is hard work for me. So yes, to be able to have the focus to "force" myself, to push my limits further, it has been great. But has made fro a couple of early nights though. lol.

The soup maker, if You get one, i cannot vouch enough for the one i have which is from Coopers of Stortford. Its £40 and worth every penny, especially if you use it fully, blender, smoothie maker, chunky and smooth soups, etc. Shall put a link under.

As for the dessert, that would have been one from here somewhere. Half a tub of Quark, a little sweetener, a muller light yogurt of your choice, to accompany whatever fruit you wish to mix into it.

Chopped banana with a toffee muller, quark and sweetener, like a banoffee pudding.
Chopped strawberries with a strawberry muller, quark and sweetener. And break up a meringue nest to make an eton mess concept.
Mixed berries, any flavour muller light, vanilla possibly, with the same concept of Quark and sweetener.
One that works well, i think, is an orange broken into segments, and mixed with raspberry and cranberry Muller light. Again i broke up a meringue nest into it, but didnt have the quark or sweetener. Nice quick and easy after dinner dessert.
There is one in the booklets from the other weeks newspaper, raspberries and chocolate, shall let you know how it goes. Bloody asda didnt have quark to deliver yesterday, so need to diversify with the raspberries before they turn over.

The packs of 6 Muller lights are advertised at Morrisons at the moment for £1.50 a pack, should you have one close to you.

Soup maker

Hi kay,

its hard for people to grasp just how dificult it is to do small things when recovering from a stroke. yes it was almost 2 years ago but it is damage to the brain, so not only does i cause mental tiredness, but the lack of activity due to the vertigo issues it has left me with, even using a hoover is hard work for me. So yes, to be able to have the focus to "force" myself, to push my limits further, it has been great. But has made fro a couple of early nights though. lol.

The soup maker, if You get one, i cannot vouch enough for the one i have which is from Coopers of Stortford. Its £40 and worth every penny, especially if you use it fully, blender, smoothie maker, chunky and smooth soups, etc. Shall put a link under.

As for the dessert, that would have been one from here somewhere. Half a tub of Quark, a little sweetener, a muller light yogurt of your choice, to accompany whatever fruit you wish to mix into it.

Chopped banana with a toffee muller, quark and sweetener, like a banoffee pudding.
Chopped strawberries with a strawberry muller, quark and sweetener. And break up a meringue nest to make an eton mess concept.
Mixed berries, any flavour muller light, vanilla possibly, with the same concept of Quark and sweetener.
One that works well, i think, is an orange broken into segments, and mixed with raspberry and cranberry Muller light. Again i broke up a meringue nest into it, but didnt have the quark or sweetener. Nice quick and easy after dinner dessert.
There is one in the booklets from the other weeks newspaper, raspberries and chocolate, shall let you know how it goes. Bloody asda didnt have quark to deliver yesterday, so need to diversify with the raspberries before they turn over.

The packs of 6 Muller lights are advertised at Morrisons at the moment for £1.50 a pack, should you have one close to you.

Soup maker

Hi Daz :) ,

I think it's amazing the courage and strength you've shown in your daily life to keep things going together despite what you have gone through healthwise, I think it's very admirable and shows your inner strength as a person. You've done amazingly well on your weightloss journey so far and its been great having you as a friend on mins. Your a fab support to everyone else when you make time for all of us and process all those monthly figures for everyone on the monthly challenges alongside mother, she's fab too :p , we all really appreciate it :bighug:.

Thanks for the soup maker link. I've wanted one since last year. Will defo read the online reviews and decide on which one to get. There is a forecast of snow in London in the next few weeks so the weather will still be ideal for soup. Thank you to for a wealth of ideas on the desserts :D, I'm spoiled for choice now haha ! I love dark choc with raspberries and dark choc with orange, my fav combos. I will do some experimenting for sure in the kitchen and will report back with my findings and some pics :p. I hope you're having a fab weekend !

Kay xx

Hi Daz :) ,

I think it's amazing the courage and strength you've shown in your daily life to keep things going together despite what you have gone through healthwise, I think it's very admirable and shows your inner strength as a person. You've done amazingly well on your weightloss journey so far and its been great having you as a friend on mins. Your a fab support to everyone else when you make time for all of us and process all those monthly figures for everyone on the monthly challenges alongside mother, she's fab too :p , we all really appreciate it :bighug:.

Thanks for the soup maker link. I've wanted one since last year. Will defo read the online reviews and decide on which one to get. There is a forecast of snow in London in the next few weeks so the weather will still be ideal for soup. Thank you to for a wealth of ideas on the desserts :D, I'm spoiled for choice now haha ! I love dark choc with raspberries and dark choc with orange, my fav combos. I will do some experimenting for sure in the kitchen and will report back with my findings and some pics :p. I hope you're having a fab weekend !

Kay xx

Its my pig headed stubborn attitude that's done it, lol.

The raspberries, thought it was to much to tag onto that last night so here goes

Serves 4 (ha, not in my world it wouldn't)

*4 sponge fingers, broken into small pieces
*150ml espresso coffee, cooled.
*400g fresh raspberries, plus extra to decorate.
*200g Quark.
*2 tbsp sweetener.
*1 tsp vanilla extract.
*4 x 175g pots mullerlight vanilla yogurt.
*15g dark chocolate.

1)Put broken fingers in bowl, pour over the coffee. Divide half of this between 4 glasses/dishes and top with half of the raspberries.
2)Mix together the quark, sweetener, vanilla extract and yogurt, then spoon half of the mixture into the glasses/dishes and grate half of the chocolate over the top.
3)Repeat the same process to create the same layers again.
4)Cover and chill for 2 - 3 hours.
​5)When ready to eat, grate over the remaining chocolate and decorate with the last of the raspberries.

Its my pig headed stubborn attitude that's done it, lol.

The raspberries, thought it was to much to tag onto that last night so here goes

Serves 4 (ha, not in my world it wouldn't)

*4 sponge fingers, broken into small pieces
*150ml espresso coffee, cooled.
*400g fresh raspberries, plus extra to decorate.
*200g Quark.
*2 tbsp sweetener.
*1 tsp vanilla extract.
*4 x 175g pots mullerlight vanilla yogurt.
*15g dark chocolate.

1)Put broken fingers in bowl, pour over the coffee. Divide half of this between 4 glasses/dishes and top with half of the raspberries.
2)Mix together the quark, sweetener, vanilla extract and yogurt, then spoon half of the mixture into the glasses/dishes and grate half of the chocolate over the top.
3)Repeat the same process to create the same layers again.
4)Cover and chill for 2 - 3 hours.
​5)When ready to eat, grate over the remaining chocolate and decorate with the last of the raspberries.

Always a problem being single and recipes being for 4 people. ;)

View attachment 121023

Yes it does, me, you, Kay & Daz!!!!!!

Daz - clear ya messages I cant reply your in box is full lol pffft asks me to set a challenge up and then I cant reply lol

Back