Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Well, found some prawns in the fridge that i had taken from the freezer to defrost a few days ago, and forgot all about. Mixed in with some light mayo, lemon juice and tommy k, onto a jacket spud, which in turn was sat on a salad including slices of ham, celery, and the home made cranberry cheese, i think i have just eaten a "eat before it goes off" dinner. Room in the fridge for more food now.

If you don't see me for a few days, the prawns were off.

Oh, and the Raspberry Chocolate Tiramisu that i made yesterday, even more delicious after 24 hours in the fridge and the espresso has taken hold all through it. mmmmmm. Half way through, ONLY 2 left. :(

Oh Gosh!! Let's hope not Dazd! Seafood being "off" can be very dangerous... in fact that was my train of thought as I was reading your post.
Mind you.. I must admit I've done the same sort of thing myself and then wondered why I was such an idiot!...not that I'm implying anything.. :whistle:... but the Tiramisu sounds perfectly delish! :drool:

Oh Gosh!! Let's hope not Dazd! Seafood being "off" can be very dangerous... in fact that was my train of thought as I was reading your post.
Mind you.. I must admit I've done the same sort of thing myself and then wondered why I was such an idiot!...not that I'm implying anything.. :whistle:... but the Tiramisu sounds perfectly delish! :drool:

Hello stranger, where have you been? Nice to see you here again.

i have a little knowledge of food through managing food pubs and running a couple of kitchens over the years, trust me when i say i am meticulous when it comes to food and being off or on the turn, lol. They were fine, just thought i would put that before someone popped up and said "Seafood being "off" can be very dangerous". ;) :rotflmao:

Hello mr d, glad the prawns were ok, can't have u disappearing on us :p . Your dessert sounds lush !

Kay xx

Yay! Point taken!.. and btw I do read your diary quite frequently so I have been following your progress and you are doing magnificently...(as men usually do!! .. just a hint of jealousy there.. :sigh: )
Haha, only jesting my lovely, keep having this convo, i so don't mean to come across as sarky. Not doing so well at the moment, just staying static.

Hello mr d, glad the prawns were ok, can't have u disappearing on us :p . Your dessert sounds lush !

Kay xx
Wont get rid of me that easily. And i cannot take the credit for the dessert, it is a slimming world recipe.

*500g Turkey Mince *1 medium carrot grated *Splash of lemon juice or zest of 1 lemon *1 tbsp mild/medium/hot curry powder (your preference) *Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix together all of the ingredients, roll into 16 bite size pieces, place on skewers with whatever other pieces you have (onion, peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, etc).
Grill/oven cook/griddle pan (pan works well for those "burnt edges")

Serve with a Garlic dip (*100g fat free natural yogurt *1 clove of garlic, crushed *splash of lemon juice, mix together and season to taste), jacket wedges and salad.

View attachment 121364

Productive food day today. Finally feel like this part of me is back in the land of the living.

Lunch was the last of the home made carrot soup, with home made wholemeal bread rolls, spread with home made cranberry cheese. And dinner, home made spicy turkey kebabs, followed by the wickedly awesome raspberry chocolate tiramisu that i put together the other day.

MMmmmmmmm, dinner this evening was a lovely piece of pork loin joint, which i had previously cut up into steaks, with roasted and boiled potatoes, and a medley of veg. I was a very good boy with cutting the salted crackling off of the pork as well. I still ate it, in little pieces, with the pork itself, but i still cut it off first. :)

Back