Daz FINALLY has a food diary

MMmmmmmmm, dinner this evening was a lovely piece of pork loin joint, which i had previously cut up into steaks, with roasted and boiled potatoes, and a medley of veg. I was a very good boy with cutting the salted crackling off of the pork as well. I still ate it, in little pieces, with the pork itself, but i still cut it off first. :)

So if I break this massive bar of chocolate into teeny weeny pieces it doesn't count? ;)

It does sound delicious though :)

Thats just being silly now, isn't it. There is only ONE healthy solution to the chocolate. I shall send you my address in a private message. ;)

Ha! Well it would be a healthy solution for one of us! Anyway, maybe next time cut the pork fat off before cooking? much safer that way ;)

Just sayin....

For years i have wanted to make a roasted red pepper and tomato soup, after seeing the recipe in the back of a Booker product catalogue. Never did it, but today i had a go. Seems a little bitter, but i think i can get used to that. Only had a spoonful as i was putting the cooled soup into a tub to go in the fridge.

Tin of tomatoes.
2 carrots, chopped.
2 sticks of celery, chopped.
2 red peppers, roasted in foil lined dish for 20 mins, left covered for 20 mins, then skins peeled off and chopped.
Salt and pepper.
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes.
Tablespoon or 2 of sweetener.
Tablespoon tomato purée.
Teaspoon olive oil.

Throw in a soup maker, press the button, and wait. :D

Failing that, boil in a pan for 20 minutes, allow to cool then blitz in a blender.

Hi Daz :), the soup sounds lovely. What if I added a touch of sweetner, do you think that would get rid of the slight bitter taste ?

Kay xx

For years i have wanted to make a roasted red pepper and tomato soup, after seeing the recipe in the back of a Booker product catalogue. Never did it, but today i had a go. Seems a little bitter, but i think i can get used to that. Only had a spoonful as i was putting the cooled soup into a tub to go in the fridge.

Tin of tomatoes.
2 carrots, chopped.
2 sticks of celery, chopped.
2 red peppers, roasted in foil lined dish for 20 mins, left covered for 20 mins, then skins peeled off and chopped.
Salt and pepper.
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes.
Tablespoon or 2 of sweetener.
Tablespoon tomato purée.
Teaspoon olive oil.

Throw in a soup maker, press the button, and wait. :D

Failing that, boil in a pan for 20 minutes, allow to cool then blitz in a blender.

Hi Daz :), the soup sounds lovely. What if I added a touch of sweetner, do you think that would get rid of the slight bitter taste ?

Kay xx
(Highlighted in red) Maybe it wasn't enough? I have noticed that it has little impact on taste unless the whole jar is used. :D

To be honest, after my praise for the soup maker i had the other week, it seems to have sprung a small leak and something went wrong as i used it yesterday, resulting in the jug warming the contents for too long and some tomato getting burned onto the heat element in the bottom. I have assumed that to be the issue and will attempt another batch next week. I tried it today and it is actually very nice. You watch, i will make another lot and it wont be as nice unless i burn the tomatoes somehow. lol.

Whoopsie sorry I didn't see that lol :D I'm sure the next batch of soup will come out yummy ! I will give it a try but will have to make do with a pan until I can buy a soup maker. Thanks for the recipe Daz.

Kay xx

Mmmmmm, just had a nice, quick and simple dinner this evening.

Rice, boiled in chicken stock, with peas and sweetcorn, topped with diced chicken fried in Chinese all spice.

Now, for any wishing to attempt this dish, 5 fundamental rules for making it as quick and simple as it was for me.

1) Ensure the chicken is already slaughtered and jointed, only one breast fillet will be needed from the said chicken.
2) Don't use a paddy field. Buy the pre packed rice from a supermarket.
3) No pestle and mortar should be needed, all spice can be found in a jar, again, from the aforementioned supermarket.
4) Don't go through the hassle of boiling the carcass of the chicken, in the same supermarket grab yourself a box of chicken stock cubes.
5) Don't wait for the veg to be in season so as to harvest from the garden, try the frozen section once you have picked up all the other bits.

Enjoy.

Theres a SW recipe somewhere for tomato soup using a pickled onion too - I think ill have to wait for someone to make it and give a verdict on it before I try it, well it aint gonna taste like heinz is it lol

Theres a SW recipe somewhere for tomato soup using a pickled onion too - I think ill have to wait for someone to make it and give a verdict on it before I try it, well it aint gonna taste like heinz is it lol

2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of beans
1/2 pint of vegetable stock
4 small silverskin pickled onions

Put all the ingredients into a pan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins or so, then blend. That's it!

I will need to do a shop but will try it, sounds good. Love anything simple like that. Did you like my simple dinner i had this evening? Thought it best to be helpful with the method and ingredients.

2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of beans
1/2 pint of vegetable stock
4 small silverskin pickled onions

Put all the ingredients into a pan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins or so, then blend. That's it!

That sounds nice but without the pickled onions, I'm not too sure on that somehow it doesn't seem right, I am tempted to make it today.

That sounds nice but without the pickled onions, I'm not too sure on that somehow it doesn't seem right, I am tempted to make it today.

If you take it back to the bare bones its only 2 ingredients being added in a different way. Onion and vinegar. Tomato ketchup has vinegar in it so i would guess the minimal amount will just alter the flavour of the soup slightly. I shall have a go at it Tuesday, with the pickled onions included.

Yes, then that would be cream of tomato soup, lol. Not sure what could be used to get that effect, really not a foodie myself, just steal other peoples ideas. :D

Back