Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Lol ive just finished a hot choccy - theory being it helps me sleep ;) doesnt really but sounds good hehe

i had milk to use up, as in the 300 ml for my HEa for the day, and the hot chocolate i have is water based. So ive filled up with coffee before bed. Lucky for me it does not in any way shape or form keep me awake. NOTHING keeps me awake, its just the early mornings that annoy me.

I have a twinings swiss style hot chocolate. (nearly 4 bloody quid for it, birthday treat) That one is made with milk but im thinking of the syns. Its only 3 but i am trying to stay under rather than just on target with them. Plus i indulged in one of my trifles earlier (8 syns) and Jamie made a stew which i had to force down when he called me to go over. Gravy (minimal) dumplings (no suet, just flour) so god knows what was in that lot. Shall check the scales in the morning, that will be a pointer. lol.

Ooooo dumplings without suet??? id be interested in the recipe for those. Mam used to make them the old fashioned way with lard and margerine ouch.

Mine are just the options hot choccys its only the last 2 weeks ive been having one every night before bed. May try cutting them to every other night hmmmm

Right its bedtime for me im up at 6 grrrr
Night night sleep well Daz

Ooooo dumplings without suet??? id be interested in the recipe for those. Mam used to make them the old fashioned way with lard and margerine ouch.

Mine are just the options hot choccys its only the last 2 weeks ive been having one every night before bed. May try cutting them to every other night hmmmm

Right its bedtime for me im up at 6 grrrr
Night night sleep well Daz

Its late so shall research this better tomorrow but this recipe (basing it on getting 10 dumplings, although really not sure how many it will do) will be 4 syns per dumpling and then 18 ml of milk from daily allowance, per dumpling. Could be worth saving some syns for a nice stew and dumplings.

Morning Daz... You 2 make me chuckle :D
Looking forward to seeing pics of the kitchen. Do you have room for a dining table anywhere in the flat? That could double up as a preparation area... Providing it's not right over at the other side!
Hope you have a good day... Much planned? X

Morning Daz... You 2 make me chuckle :D
Looking forward to seeing pics of the kitchen. Do you have room for a dining table anywhere in the flat? That could double up as a preparation area... Providing it's not right over at the other side!
Hope you have a good day... Much planned? X
We aim to please. Its like watching a sitcom i bet. Move over Mrs Brown. :8855:

I have a lovely table and chairs, bargain find in the charity shop. £95 for it, with 6 chairs, have a pic here somewhere, shall put it up. Won't use it for anyhing other than eating from and using laptop though, would easily ruin. Will have masses of room with the extra worktop now to cover that.

Long day today, shopping with Mother, she will be here around 9.30 so i need to get in the shower soon. Best mates dog needs letting out at noon, more kitchen work this afternoon, and then the lad is here for his dinner at 5pm. i will be shattered by the end of it all, but worth it.

You doing much? Most usually say "work" when i ask that, believe it or not it makes me jealous.

View attachment 130053

Back to basics food diary/planner. It is only for 4 days so the syns show as a total of 60 rather than a whole week of 105. Hit 61 in total but i have now eaten all of the trifle and so that is 8 syns a pop saved.

My lad came round last night for his dinner, and he is veggie, hence why fish on 2 consecutive days, not that im bothered, actually enjoyed it, not had fish for ages.

Bought some diced beef from the local butcher yesterday and some root veg, shall make a stew and have a go at thickening the stock with yogurt. Shall be interesting. Only problem with that is the need then for bread and dumplings. mmmmmm. Maybe i will try the suet free ones in the recipe above.

A total of 5 lb gone in 4 days. I cannot put that down purely to going back to basics, the alcohol from the birthday will be the most part of that which has gone. But i am now down to the same level where i hit a wall and stayed static for weeks, so next week will tell if i had slipped more off the wagon than i realised.

We aim to please. Its like watching a sitcom i bet. Move over Mrs Brown. :8855:

I have a lovely table and chairs, bargain find in the charity shop. £95 for it, with 6 chairs, have a pic here somewhere, shall put it up. Won't use it for anyhing other than eating from and using laptop though, would easily ruin. Will have masses of room with the extra worktop now to cover that.

Long day today, shopping with Mother, she will be here around 9.30 so i need to get in the shower soon. Best mates dog needs letting out at noon, more kitchen work this afternoon, and then the lad is here for his dinner at 5pm. i will be shattered by the end of it all, but worth it.

You doing much? Most usually say "work" when i ask that, believe it or not it makes me jealous.

Sorry I've only just seen this... Not been feeling great recently so haven't posted as much as usual...
Hope shopping went well, and you enjoyed your dinner :)
Don't know what I did the other day :rolleyes: but today I'm off to the docs at 2 then in work till 5, off to pick up son from a school trip at 8, then I plan to do absolutely nothing this evening :) Can't wait! :)
Hope you have a good day today x

Sorry I've only just seen this... Not been feeling great recently so haven't posted as much as usual...
Hope shopping went well, and you enjoyed your dinner :)
Don't know what I did the other day :rolleyes: but today I'm off to the docs at 2 then in work till 5, off to pick up son from a school trip at 8, then I plan to do absolutely nothing this evening :) Can't wait! :)
Hope you have a good day today x

Hope you is feeling better now.

Last few days have been hectic. Nothing to mad for most i would doubt but my energy levels are shot to pieces. 2 years of sitting around in recovery has taken its toll. I do think that more than just sending a physio around to gee us up they would be better off spending the money on volunteers to get us out on walks and activities. The best form of exercise and recovery has to be getting out and about in the natural environment surely? I know it would have served me better personally. Yes i still have issues with the balance but im sure i could deal with that better if i weren't so knackered so easily.

Oh well.

Hey Daz I hope your well :). Well done on your 5 lbs loss that's smashing. I've just recently started going for walks after a long gap, to get active again. I have slowed down since my op last year but find the light exercise helps. Are you able to go for walks just locally for some light exercise ?

Kay xx

Its late so shall research this better tomorrow but this recipe (basing it on getting 10 dumplings, although really not sure how many it will do) will be 4 syns per dumpling and then 18 ml of milk from daily allowance, per dumpling. Could be worth saving some syns for a nice stew and dumplings.

The verdict

I have done a basic beef stew which has been on the hob for over 7 hours. Currently about to have a third bowl full. mmmmmmm. There is a heavy bias towards veg and a low amount of meat so it should work well with the free food intake. And i only had a couple of dumplings in the first bowl. Aren't i good!

This recipe is good, although i have nothing to compare it with. But it does not say how many dumplings to make. Having now done it to the amounts listed i would say that it would be best suited to get between 12 and 15 dumplings from it. Of course they will be smaller, but they will cook better i would think. And the syn values will come down. Nice enough though, i would do them again, and will eat the ones remaining.

View attachment 130298

That looks so yummy Daz, what are the syns on all the plans and how many portions does it make ? :)

Kay xx

That looks so yummy Daz, what are the syns on all the plans and how many portions does it make ? :)

Kay xx

No idea Kay, I just made a pot of stew. How do you portion? My size will differ from other peoples and theirs from others. As for other plans, couldn't tell you, no idea how they work.

Hey Daz I hope your well :). Well done on your 5 lbs loss that's smashing. I've just recently started going for walks after a long gap, to get active again. I have slowed down since my op last year but find the light exercise helps. Are you able to go for walks just locally for some light exercise ?

Kay xx

Hi Kay, yes i do get out for a walk most days, dependent on weather. A bit of rain is not a problem, i have a coat, but wind can be awkward if its too strong. Never thought i would one day say that the force of the wind could be enough to put me on the floor. :8855:

Mmmmmm stew and dumplings - the mix is how my mam used to make hers before suet became popular lol. I made mince and dumplings one day with suet she loved them so stopped making her "own" and used suet after that. Ive got some stewing beef in the freezer nice idea for a meal for during the week, maybe after WI on Weds nom nom

Mmmmmm stew and dumplings - the mix is how my mam used to make hers before suet became popular lol. I made mince and dumplings one day with suet she loved them so stopped making her "own" and used suet after that. Ive got some stewing beef in the freezer nice idea for a meal for during the week, maybe after WI on Weds nom nom

If that recipe was altered so the 60g of marge became 60g of suet the syns would be a tad under 5 per dumpling if you make 12 from it.

If that recipe was altered so the 60g of marge became 60g of suet the syns would be a tad under 5 per dumpling if you make 12 from it.

Thanks Daz - it will make enough for tea on weds and leftovers for me for my dinner on Thurs. Nice and filling. When I make dumplings they are normally HUGE lol a bit of portion control wont hurt

Back