Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Its all on my belly, like a beer belly, and im beginning to think that no amount of food control is going to shift it. Not sure if sit ups will be a good idea, could make a rod for my own back there with that idea, and im doubting i will get liposuction that easily. lol. Just really fed up with it now, and even more pissed off when i get friends who have no issues with weight or body fat telling me how things are or that "no amount of dieting will help". ffs.

You can have 35g of shredded wheat - and you can have 2 x 400g OR 1 x 800g of wholemeal bread - try increasing them then your having your full amount of fibre? I feel for you its so frustrating - I stuck for weeks 1 on 1 off half on half off I was ready to jack it all in! then thought whats the point ive worked too bloody hard to give in now. We just have to keep plodding im afraid

Lol liposuction is a bit drastic!! If you decide on sit ups your a better man than I am lol ( yes I know im female) just go easy.
Ah friends eh!! who needs enemies with friends like that

You can have 35g of shredded wheat - and you can have 2 x 400g OR 1 x 800g of wholemeal bread - try increasing them then your having your full amount of fibre? I feel for you its so frustrating - I stuck for weeks 1 on 1 off half on half off I was ready to jack it all in! then thought whats the point ive worked too bloody hard to give in now. We just have to keep plodding im afraid

Lol liposuction is a bit drastic!! If you decide on sit ups your a better man than I am lol ( yes I know im female) just go easy.
Ah friends eh!! who needs enemies with friends like that

That was my best mate of over 36 years, and i know he is correct in what he is saying as he is always right. I really need to listen to him more. :sigh:

I have a fear with things like sit ups, not because im bone idle, and i do believe i could handle a small amount of them despite my issues, but something tells me that exercise like that just turns the fat into muscle, and then of course as soon as one stops doing the sit ups then the fat returns. I would much prefer to just get shot of it. If there is any truth in that i do not know, i shall look more into it at some point.

Such a shame you are feeling so peed off at the mo' Dazd... Plodding on is my middle name seeing as how I've been dieting to the best of my ability since April 2010 and now only got this far!!
The muscle/fat thing doesn't quite work like that anyway. A goodly amount of exercise will help the fat disperse it's only if you take it to the extremes that muscle build up will occur and therefore be a deterrent to what you are aiming for.
Keep it going.. it would be such a shame to give up now.. and never mind those upstarts!!

p.s. The only thing that helped my weight to start shifting again was by doing a low carb diet which means cutting out as much of the bread and pasta type things... do you think it might be a good idea to switch to that and see how things go?
Don't go too much by my present log of weight this year as I've been in hospital several times since last October.

Last edited:
Such a shame you are feeling so peed off at the mo' Dazd... Plodding on is my middle name seeing as how I've been dieting to the best of my ability since April 2010 and now only got this far!!
The muscle/fat thing doesn't quite work like that anyway. A goodly amount of exercise will help the fat disperse it's only if you take it to the extremes that muscle build up will occur and therefore be a deterrent to what you are aiming for.
Keep it going.. it would be such a shame to give up now.. and never mind those upstarts!!

p.s. The only thing that helped my weight to start shifting again was by doing a low carb diet which means cutting out as much of the bread and pasta type things... do you think it might be a good idea to switch to that and see how things go?

No, not doing any more towards it, totally had enough now of working hard at it and achieving nothing. i have been like this for a few weeks now and each time i think i will try again, keep focused, but there is nothing wrong in what i am eating. It can all go to b******s now im afraid.

No, not doing any more towards it, totally had enough now of working hard at it and achieving nothing. i have been like this for a few weeks now and each time i think i will try again, keep focused, but there is nothing wrong in what i am eating. It can all go to b******s now im afraid.

Oh Dear Dazd!! So sorry you ARE feeling down in the dumps!!
I went a WHOLE YEAR.. how's that?!!
Come on .. keep up the good work and let's be 'avin yer!!

oooooh, yes please, beg beg, grovel, grovel.

If You have a Paypal account and private me the email address i shall give you some coinage to cover the costs and trouble of doing this for me.

Oh Dear Daz, it sounds like you have had a meltdown since I was here this morning! I really wish I had some wise words to help but sadly I am far from wise! :D

I am afraid to ask now.... do you still want me to get the recipe book? I do have a paypal account but please don't add anything for my trouble. It really is no trouble it would be my pleasure to be of help and I am going anyway!! Will pm you when I have it to get your postal address if the answer is yes.

erm... chin up old boy...... stiff upper lip and all that... see? not good at it at all! ;)

Oh Dear Daz, it sounds like you have had a meltdown since I was here this morning! I really wish I had some wise words to help but sadly I am far from wise! :D

I am afraid to ask now.... do you still want me to get the recipe book? I do have a paypal account but please don't add anything for my trouble. It really is no trouble it would be my pleasure to be of help and I am going anyway!! Will pm you when I have it to get your postal address if the answer is yes.

erm... chin up old boy...... stiff upper lip and all that... see? not good at it at all! ;)

i have said this before, and i shall say it again. i may get annoyed and really hacked off at not losing the weight but that does not mean that i am going to undo the 3 stone that i have lost up until now. (actually, up until November, and none since, arghhhhhh). I am a healthier eater now, i will maintain eating things so as not to balloon as i did after the stroke, so yes please the book will still be required if you would be so kind.

Evening Daz :), sorry to hear about your weight not shifting. I know last year you were doing really well. We're you doing anything differently then to now? I've seen your food diaries and I agree with Sheila you know the plan very well and all looks good so I don't understand it either. But it got me thinking whether you were doing anything different back in November when you were losing ? (sorry only trying to help, hope you don't mind ;))

Kay xx

i have said this before, and i shall say it again. i may get annoyed and really hacked off at not losing the weight but that does not mean that i am going to undo the 3 stone that i have lost up until now. (actually, up until November, and none since, arghhhhhh). I am a healthier eater now, i will maintain eating things so as not to balloon as i did after the stroke, so yes please the book will still be required if you would be so kind.

I can fully understand your hackedoffness too! Will be my pleasure to get your book and will pm you when I have it. :)

Ive just been looking back through here from page one and the only thing that has possibly changed is the amount of food. Ok so it is nearly all healthy or within the daily/weekly syns, but is it too much? From what i have seen in the early days of this diary it looks like i was having a dinner at some point of the day but the lunch or tea would just be a muller and fruit or a salad, basically something really light. Now i am having a cooked lunch and a cooked dinner. Perhaps that is the problem.

Ive just been looking back through here from page one and the only thing that has possibly changed is the amount of food. Ok so it is nearly all healthy or within the daily/weekly syns, but is it too much? From what i have seen in the early days of this diary it looks like i was having a dinner at some point of the day but the lunch or tea would just be a muller and fruit or a salad, basically something really light. Now i am having a cooked lunch and a cooked dinner. Perhaps that is the problem.

I just logged back on when I saw your post :). I know you said your at that point where u can't be asked to try anything no more but, I think if you do just one week of what you did in November I feel it may make a difference, its your own diary and it worked for you. Its defo worth a try Daz ;) I have a good feeling about this.

Kay xx

I've spotted the change in your food diary. I'm so happy for you Daz :), fingers crossed your own work from last year will work !

Kay xx

I've spotted the change in your food diary. I'm so happy for you Daz :), fingers crossed your own work from last year will work !

Kay xx
I just think it points back to the portion control that i cited a little while back. Basically starve myself on bark, leaves and twigs all day and then enjoy half a cooked dinner at night. See if i can cope long enough to get my body used to smaller amounts before i go and rip a hind leg off of the horse in the field across the road.

Very pleased that you've been able to pinpoint the problem Daz.. and I certainly didn't mean to be annoying or anything else on my last post.
Hey, no offence taken in any way. I may sometimes voice an opinion but it takes a lot to annoy me, lol.

I just think it points back to the portion control that i cited a little while back. Basically starve myself on bark, leaves and twigs all day and then enjoy half a cooked dinner at night. See if i can cope long enough to get my body used to smaller amounts before i go and rip a hind leg off of the horse in the field across the road.

Lol :D I don't remember any horses getting injured in November. They survived and so will you on less portions ! :p

Kay xx

Lol :D I don't remember any horses getting injured in November. They survived and so will you on less portions ! :p

Kay xx
November is when i moved in here and the weight losses stopped. Admittedly i was maintaining so all wasn't completely lost, but i was probably going over the syns without actually realising just how much. The horse wasn't at risk then, like he will be now.

Okay October then lol you were going great guns, you were averaging 2lbs a week or something from what I remember, and no horses were harmed :p, so I know you can just mimic your own diary and do it again. So lettuce leaves it is then :D .

Kay xx

Okay October then lol you were going great guns, you were averaging 2lbs a week or something from what I remember, and no horses were harmed :p, so I know you can just mimic your own diary and do it again. So lettuce leaves it is then :D .

Kay xx

Im growing my own "leaves, bark and twigs" supply.

View attachment 132358

And the horse is in the field behind.

Aww that's a lovely view from your window Daz. Poor horsey lol, but I'm sure it won't come to that, within a few days your body will become immune to the new food intake and you will get full quicker. I guess you can have the `leaves, bark and twigs ' as your back up with some choc shot on them as a treat :D !

Kay xx

Back