DD's Atkins diary

Welcome clanger!! :wavey:

sorry - I didn't see your post! Welcome, altho I am a novice who doesn't have a clue and is finding my way round by asking and trying to read up as much as I can!! :D

How are you doing? ARe you doing a diary? Hopefully we can support each other although the board seems a very friendly and very welcoming place to be!! :D

Good luck!!
x

Morning dawn, that's a good start, well done love. :wavey:

Good luck with the weigh in - how did you get on!

I will look for your diaries and follow :)

Monday 13 Feb

Got a hangover the size of America - unexpected visitors and 4 bottles of wine later, and the blokes only had 1 glass each :doh:
But at least I didn't eat anything I shouldn't!! :D

B - bacon and fried eggs (that broke again!!)

L - chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese (was a Tesco one and the pack says 0.4g so that will do!!) 100g broccoli/cauli (2.5), SF jelly and squirty cream (2)

T - working til midnight so taking pork left overs with salad, mayo and boiled egg (5 max)...snacks 2 x babybel

Drinks - lots of hot NAS (2g), 1 x coffee with cream and black coffee / water at work

Approx 10g

Hi DD, well done resisting the temptation - for food anyway. Get plenty of water down you:)

yes ^ water helps a great deal. if not directly, it's definitely beneficial while dieting. i keep a bottle. easy and i can keep track.

well done Clanger, thats excellent!!! :D it gives great motivation to continue doesn't it?

x

Tuesday 14/2

B - nil, had too much to do involving messages and travelling so just 1 coffee with cream,

L - black coffee.....busy, grabbed time for coffee at 2.45 - no good choices so no food passed my lips!

T - 2 Wild alaskan salmon fillets (Youngs) in fairness I am starving! (1.2g) with 100g wilted spinach (1.6g) and 1 poached (is the intention, god knows what I will end with! lol!) SF jelly and squirt of cream (2g)

Snacks - ravenous on getting back home so have just had 120g broccoli (2.2g) with cheddar cheese (0.4g) and pepparami (0.3g) mixed in.....absolutely delish! Avocado (1.8g) lots of NAS hot squash, will count 2g as 1.1g per 100ml undiluted.

Total carbs for the day = 11.5g

Back later to amend if I have anything else, but doubt there will be space!!

Last edited:
Early posting today but will be back to amend it later, got to leave for work in 4 hours and got loads to do before then!

Wednesday 15/2/12

B - bacon with 1 fried egg and 150g sliced mushrooms fried in butter (2.4g)

L - diced chicken cooked with lardons, 4 diced spring onions (?g, can anyone help please?), 1 cup mushrooms (2.4g) and garlic (0.9g) with a swirl of cream, with a serving of 100g spring greens(1.6g)

T - Broccoli (2.2g) with pepperami (0.3g) and grated cheese (0.4g) with Tuna and mayo salad with 1 hard boiled egg (0.5g) 1 cup rocket (0.4g), 1 stalk celery (0.8g), 4 x cherry toms (I read in somebody's diary somewhere but can't remember what they equal??), 1/2 cup cucumber (1g)

snacks - black coffee and water. NAS x 2 cups (1g)

Total carbs for the day = 11.5g so far but need to add some in when I find carb count!

Laters :wavey:

Last edited:
Morning Jim :)

Morning love, so how's it going?

Morning Jim

I think its going OK - don't weigh in again til Sunday.

What do you think from my diaries - am I making any fundamental mistakes?

thanks in advance
x

Thursday 16/2

B - bacon with 1 fried egg and 75g sliced mushrooms fried in butter (1.2g)

L - Tuna and mayo salad with 1 hard boiled egg (0.5g) 60g M&S salad leaves (1g) 1 stalk celery (0.8g), 4 x cherry toms (1.5g), 1/2 cup cucumber (1g)

T - diced chicken cooked with lardons, 4 diced spring onions (?g, can anyone help please?), 1 cup mushrooms (2.4g) and garlic (0.9g) with a swirl of cream, with a serving of 100g spring greens(1.6g) Broccoli (2.2g) with pepperami (0.3g) and grated cheese (0.4g)

snacks - black coffee and water. NAS x 2 cups (1g) 2 x cheesestrings (0.8g)

Total carbs for day = 14.3g

Last edited:
dawn, i always counted 1 spring Onion as 1 carb, it's difficult because they come in all shapes and sizes

Thats spring onions binned then - they dont add much to the flavour when cooked, thanks Jim! :)

Friday 17/2

B - smoked mackerel fillets

L - broccoli (3.4g) with 25g pepperami (0.3g) and grated cheese (0.4g)

T - bacon and egg fry up

Snacks - 1 x coffee with cream, 3 x black coffee, NAS (1g) SF jelly and swirl of cream (2g)

Total carbs for day = 7.1g

Will amend later if there are any late additions!!

Last edited:
I used to use them in place of onions in recipe's needing them on induction dawn.

Saturday 18/2

B - shot up late for work so ended up grabbing bacon and mushrooms and a sausage at work. Will count 5g carbs as I don't know the sausage count (but it was fabulous!! :) ) nor the weight of the mushrooms

L - avocado (3.6g) with prawns (0.5g) with a chilli dressing

T - baked chicken breast with cheeze and bacon, broccoli (3.4g)

Snacks - black coffee x 3, water, NAS x 2 (1g)

Total carbs for the day = 11.5g

Don't finish work til tea time so nipping to the supermarket, I am ravenous and have no jelly made and am really worried about what I may succumb to!!

Back