de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

See it's right what she says about putting ur shoes on rofl

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Clarabow said:
See it's right what she says about putting ur shoes on rofl

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha :rotflmao:
Maybe there is something in it :D

Great thread. DH and i have both agreed we want to declutter but stuggling to fit it in. We did one big clear out in one room and made 65 quid on ebay - hoping that will motivate me further! Perhaps i need to set some goals rather than just "clean up"!

Flylady does a room by room plan. useful for serial horders like me :) lol little and often rather than all at once x

Hey if you can find me 28 hours in a day let me know I would be grateful lol

House is getting straighter, little bit by little bit. I am no longer embarrased to have people call in unexpectedly as generally it is tidy. Was always clean but I do tend to clutter.

Onwards to sparkledom x

Failing miserably. I only have a small cleaning window when the little boys sleep. I'm just too tired by the evening and gosh asking the older kids to help is like asking for a rainfall of pink frogs! Gonna have another look at the flylady website, possibly powered by pro plus!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Brief and focused. 10 min at a time anything more is tooo daunting x

Oh wow, I have been decluttering a lot in the past 18 mos or more, yeah thats how bad it was! I joined flylady at the weekend and bought her book off amazon. I'm trying to get the beginner baby steps into practice but it's hard. I deffo live in chaos (cant have anyone over syndrome). I have gotten rid of roughly 50 black bags-full of stuff plus half a dozen boxes but I need to pare down more and then get everything really cleaned up. i'm embarrassed by it but at least I am doing something about it!

Totally agree that you have to cherry pick the bits that fit you personally from fly lady !! But yes it does help and inspire !!
The getting dressed thing does make me smile but it's right, it's all about being motivated. Bothering to do things for yourself and your home. I find at weekends when I spend the morning slobbing around in my Jama's i dont feel motivated to do
anything

I do the same, I flump about on a sat morning as so exhausted from working all week plus its a novelty to not rush around and get dressed etc. The downside like you say to doing this is that its so de-motivating.

I have to force myself to get going otherwise I sit around drinking tea and thinking of all the things I should be doing like he housework and using the time to do some exercise.

I cleard out our veranda today !!

I do the same, I flump about on a sat morning as so exhausted from working all week plus its a novelty to not rush around and get dressed etc. The downside like you say to doing this is that its so de-motivating.

I have to force myself to get going otherwise I sit around drinking tea and thinking of all the things I should be doing like he housework and using the time to do some exercise.

Finally finished clearing out the spare room! Got rid of 3 black bags of stuff alltogether plus a bag for car boot.

Cleared up my craft stuff so now when I have some time and motivation I can get in there and make some cards |for people Ive been meaning to make for ages.

I tried doing the 15 minute thing but find myself going over that time (sometimes by a few hours)to try and complete a job ive been putting off which Im finding exhausting both mentally and phsically. Its as if if I dont complete it all there and then it will be hanging over my head for another few weeks as once I make myself start something I feel the need to finish it instead of what the fly lady says about 15 minute bursts. I like that idea and it works for somethings for me but not the big things if that makes sense?

Ive got to sort out some old photographs and put them back in albums etc but dreading it as there are alot of memories that I dont want to think about at the moment. its got to the stage where they are all untidy and stuff is starting to get piled up on top of them mainly clothes that need putting away.

They are precious pictures but just cant face dealing with them at the moment. My daughter put her jacket on top of them the other day which isnt good. Although they were buried for a while.

Was going to tackle the job this eve but ran out of time and just didnt feel up to it although I had planned to do it so let myself down in the end as its all still there waiting for me.

Last edited:
does anyone else think the flylady looks like kathy bates?? Especially in the welcome to big tent vid?

Morning Karen

Lots to sort out there for sure. Great deal harder when there is a lot of emotion tagged on to it. I am a saturday morning flopper as well. Love nothing better, but then feel guilty when the house looks an absolute state. What I have been doing is watching an episode of a favorite something then doing a burst of cleaning then watch another episode. Amazing how much I get done eventually.

Some of the larger tasks are definitely hours long, as once I start I need to keep going. The small general routines are not so bad though little bits when waiting for the kettle to boil ect and not putting things down but putting them away. Works wonders for me, a tidier house makes me much more focused and not shamed when anyone calls over. Long way from perfection yet but making progress.

And yes Lynn she looks like Kathy Bates lol

Sparkle on ladies xx

O.K. You've convinced me...I'll attack the spear room... I may be a while :-|

My book's on it's way, Saturday at latest. I havent managed to do day 2 in beginner baby steps (get dressed to shoes) but I'm keepin' the sink shinin'!:D

O.K. You've convinced me...I'll attack the spear room... I may be a while :-|

Wow !!! How big is your house if you have a room just to keep spears in ??:eek:

Morning Karen

Lots to sort out there for sure. Great deal harder when there is a lot of emotion tagged on to it. I am a saturday morning flopper as well. Love nothing better, but then feel guilty when the house looks an absolute state. What I have been doing is watching an episode of a favorite something then doing a burst of cleaning then watch another episode. Amazing how much I get done eventually.

Some of the larger tasks are definitely hours long, as once I start I need to keep going. The small general routines are not so bad though little bits when waiting for the kettle to boil ect and not putting things down but putting them away. Works wonders for me, a tidier house makes me much more focused and not shamed when anyone calls over. Long way from perfection yet but making progress.

And yes Lynn she looks like Kathy Bates lol

Sparkle on ladies xx

Hiya, I agree its bad enough taking on a big task let alone when theres memories attatched. Was going to tackle it this eve but by the time I got home from work and had dinner it was 7.30 and after a long day at work couldnt face tackling it.

Might try tomorrow eve even if its for 30 mins and stick to it instead of feeling like I`d have to complete it all to avoid having to make a start on it again at another time.

Hope its all going well for you.

lol mommyb.. Mind there is so much junk in there who knows what I'll find :eek:

got my book fri morn. Was inspired to dress and brush my hair lol. Cleaned worktop to left of sink and pared cutlery down to 4 of each...one person does not need 16 teaspoons! Cleaned top of cooker and the rest tomorrow and whatever else I get done in kitchen with 15 mins set on me blackberry! I am not too quick with the "27 fling boogie" it's more like a "7 toss shuffle!" :giggle:

Back