de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

For sure this time round LL is reaching more areas of my life and I am changing the things that bug me and not functioning well. Last time round I didnt really get this. Miracles do happen however, and change is possible. Grasped what I am working towards now as a lifestyle chose rather than just loosing weight. All I can say .. well who knew ? lol

I keep a tidy house. I feel much better for it.
A few years ago, I lived alone and was redecorating my Victorian House. I used to have many projects on the go - you would find DIY tools in each room. I could never find anything. I found the disorganisation quite stressful.

When I sold my house and moved in with my boyfriend, he was very strict about tidyness - Each time I went to put something down in the wrong place, he would pull me up. It annoyed me at first, but now I am in a tidy routine. I now love the fact that I can always find the scissors!

My car is my own domain - the boot is where I deposit all my clutter. Everyone needs a small pile of clutter.

slendablenda said:
Most of us who do LL find this Clara.
The mission to de-clutter:
Fat
Home
Jobs
Relationships
Friendship that no longer work, e.g. Fat Friend Syndrome
Past "failures" and sadnesses

In fact, all the things that pushed us to overeating in the first place.
:happy096:

Wow.....
I am currently going through quite a lot if this, without realising :).
It all makes a lot of sense.

Bikini Line

Hi Marge,
I LOVE THIS:

Ultimate Goal - To be able to look down and see my bikini line to shave it, and not have to do it from memory

Hi Marge,
I LOVE THIS:

Ultimate Goal - To be able to look down and see my bikini line to shave it, and not have to do it from memory

I am getting closer to it, which is even better :D

First step today, tackling the dreaded cupboard under the stairs!!! eek

Have a feeling it's going to take longer than 15 mins lol

Most of my clutter areas Im dealing with have taken more than 15 minutes. Instead of leaving it half finished I re set the timer for another 15 minutes and aslong as Ive still got the energy and enthusiasm to finish it I do otherwise I tidy it as much as poss and go back to it for another 15 and go from there.

I find that doing it this way gives me a sense of achievement even though Im usually completely mentally and physically drained afterwards especially if there are memories attatched to things for example when I sorted out my pile of photos.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on with the cupboard :)

I've been sorting out my kitchen cupboards today and real de-cluttering - then i came on here and remembered I was reading this thread last night!!!!!
And I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL MY OWN IDEA THIS MORNING :doh:
i wish my head would come inside!

LOL like it. Subliminal programing x

Well I survived the cupboard and bought a new Dyson (oh how I missed thee) and my new found enthusiasm has spread to the dog as have bought a dog brush that you attach to the Dyson, who'd have thought it lol x

My dog loves being brushed/hoovered with the the hoover brush attatchment. He molts every single day of the year as he is a lurcher.

Bless his little cotton tail for causing me so much housework :)

Im planning on spending 15 mins in each room tomorrow tidying living room, bedroom and kitchen plus 15 mins on a few extra bits. Its surprising how much I can get done in that time and its just about doable.

Honey you should look up Fly lady great for us daudlers and procrastinators. Set a timer and do a short sharp burst at a time. Amazing what you get done and leaves time for quality daudling later and watching favorite telly.

Good luck with today x

Trust me I have been a hopeless cause, but it is getting better. Some days better than others but generally improvement overall. I got fed up with people dropping in unexpectedly and me and the house looking a state. It's not perfect but it is better x 15 mins at a time lol

Well today has been a good day, even though I haven't felt up to much. Changed the bed, done three loads of washing. Hoovered, tidied the kitchen, hung my clothes up. Considering that I didn't want to do any of that, I am really pleased. God bless 15 mins x

Hope you all had a sparkling day x

My fly lady book arrived today !! since we go off on ours hols on friday , this week must be dedicated to packing but rest assured I will be taking the mighty tome with me and just look out when I get back !! ( in fact I may practise in the caravan or would that be really sad ??LOL)

Back