de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I could do with cutting down on the cuttlery/cups too. There are only 2 of us and really dont need 20 cups. more to wash up!

Was that a suggestion from the book? Is it good.

may have to invest, was it very expensive?

Decided to do 30 mins of sorting them photos I keep putting off. Its bothering me too much now so just going to bite the bullet and make a start :-(

Making a start is half the battle !

Book wasn't expensive about a fiver I think. God bless amazon but boy does it add to my clutter. lol

I have a spare room and computer room that are real clutter dens. I am working my way round to those. Will tackle a bit of the computer room tomorrow as I have to do some paperwork.

Good things this week kitchen clean, as is bathroom. Washing under control. Bedroom not half bad. Day off today though cleaned my bath.

Onwards into the breach x

Today was the day I had set asside to start tackling the chaos that is my home, but I have woken up with a sore throat,it's 12.30 and I'm still in my dressing gown-not reallly feeling but I am adamant I will get something done...wish me luck

( wonder if it counts if I put my shoes on with my dressing gown ??)

Only if they are lace up shoes lol Hope you feel better soon MommyB.

I am studiously avoiding doing paperwork ! But I have sorted through a bag of mail, bag as in large dustbin bag. Three loads of washing. ( ok needs to be hung up) Hoovered also. Oh and does faffing with my iplayer organising that count ? I think not !

Procrastination get thee behind me !

LOL I cheated-got dressed but wore flip-flops !!
I have got stuff done albeit in tiny chunks-work a bit,sit on bum a bit !! BUT I have had a decent tidy of all the downstairs rooms-figured if I did that today I have a clear run at dusting,cleaning etc over next couple days . Not perfect by any means but has a less ransacked look than it did this morning !!

Well done you. x I am impressed

OMG where has this thread been all my life ;)

Even feel inspired to do 15 mins just now. That really is a first after being at work all day but I'm fed up with this clutter!!!!!!

There I said it, woo hoo x

Sorted the photos as much as could and put them away in the box so atleast they are tidy and cant get damaged. I wont lie it was a hard task but didnt stop til finished as just wanted to get it over and done with.

Spare room also done

Paper work bit more organised now.

Still got other stuff to sort but tackled a lot in the last month or so.

Oh well done you! Proud of you x

Quick clean up for me tomorrow before work. Been busy and things have slipped a little x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Rome wasn't cleaned in a day x

Oh well done you! Proud of you x

Quick clean up for me tomorrow before work. Been busy and things have slipped a little x

Thank u Clara :) x

I am also feeling like step by step I am getting a bit more organised everyday,just by setting myself little tasks and targets !!

Thats how Im doing it. Im setting a timer and making myself do something for 15 mins minimum (from Flylady website).

It seems to work as I usually end up re setting it for another 15 mins. On sun morning I ended up setting it 4 times as my bedroom was such a mess and didnt want to leave it like it once started to tackle it.

Easy to get burnt out doing it that way though so I dont recommend it, its just what sometimes works for me. I spend more time dreading doing something than it would actually take to just get on with it and do it, so once I start Im like a dog with a bone :)

Well done everyone, we will get there little bit by little bit. Slow and steady wins the race as they say x

Sometimes even 15 mins can seem too much lol The inertia of the couch is tooo strong.

I wish Rome could be cleaned in a day, well at least cassa del morgans :) Bad week this week, diet and cleaning wise. I want to shoot my boss lol Stress city.

Onwards ladies, keep sparkling x

oh how i love flylady, my OH works from home, and as he's a designer right now he's sitting on the sofa doodling ideas for a new cutomer. he's working! but i am rattling around in a messy house feeling so unmotivated all i want to do is sit with him and read a book or watch tv next to him!
i WILL put my shoes back on, set my timer and do the kitchen/dining room/kids room/whatever room i fall over something in next! :D

Nice one Joy. Hoping to find the motivation over the weekend. Looking forward to brining back a bit of order to be honest. Wont take long as I was into a fairly good routine before hand.

Onwards to sparkling xx

Most of us who do LL find this Clara.
The mission to de-clutter:
Fat
Home
Jobs
Relationships
Friendship that no longer work, e.g. Fat Friend Syndrome
Past "failures" and sadnesses

In fact, all the things that pushed us to overeating in the first place.
:happy096:

Back