de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Well done Rowan doing good.

Tomorrow I am aiming for two hours paperwork first thing in the morning before starting the day. It's the work equivalent of decluttering and will make me feel heaps better.

To start I will do 15mins then a cup of coffee.

I can do this.

Onwards ladies xx

My kids managed to loose a set of keys and I feel like I have wasted the afternoon helping search for them. Am trying not to feel beaten by it LOL

( sink is at least still clean LOL)

Wow it's all gone quiet-everyone must be off de-cluttering or doing the 27 thing shuffle !!

My blitz on the house is going well-slow and steady, almost glacial !! But what a difference already-lounge is actually beginning to look like a lounge, and we ate dinner at the table tonight because it wasnt piled high with stuff.
Cant wait to do more !!

Your ex table sounds like mine, you cant see it for stuff! My daughter must think you only sit at the table on birthdays and xmas day!

I am still doing the kitchen haha, you would think it must be huge the amount of time it's taking me! Unfortunately the empty house next door didnt have a bin to use, think someone else is using it! So I can only chuck out so much till bin day again!
Can't wait to get the whole house done to a place where I 'mostly' just have essentials.
keep trucking everyone :)

I've got half the dining room and the little spare room to declutter and then the whole house is done! It feels great, so much more relaxed.

Just got home from work and hubby told me he's cleaned all the windowsills and frames outside of the conservatory! He's also done the washing up so when I got in I just put it away and shined the sink.. I didn't even ask him to do anything, a miracle has occurred in this house. He said he really likes it all clean and tidy, we just need to keep it up x

Feels great doesnt it- I have got up this morning feeling so calm and relaxed.. I think that although I have a long way to go I finally feel like i am in control of it and know that I will get there.

I did 15 minutes in the ktichen,bathroom and lounge yesterday and each roon already looks so much better. Plus I have today planned out too-hardly recognise myself !!LOL

Happy flying everybody !!

Oh well done ladies, really rocking this. As a permanent clutterer myself it makes such a difference when things are tidy and in place. It takes less time to do than it does putting it off. Procrastination should be my middle name.

Started work on the paper clutter yesterday. Made a start and doing more today.

Onwards to sparkledom xx

sparkeldom indeed !!

I have had a couple days of doing things with the kids but still managed to do a bit here and there.

My new aim is to be able to look back at the end of the day and tell my self that I have done at least one thing which has improved our home.

Sounds like a good plan. Been catching up on paperwork back log. Shaping up slowly. Rome wasn't cleaned in a day!

Onwards x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't wait to get the rest of the kitchen sorted, need to wait for bin day ... but here's a few things that have happened that couldn't before:
my cat sat on the windowsill watching the rain in the back garden,my daughter sat on the bench and helped me decorate cupcakes, she sat there licking the spoon and she loved it and I cleaned really quickly because there was hardly anything to pick up and move!

I should be able to move onto another room next week sometime , have bought more black bags lol :D

I've startind cleaning and tidying too - the bathroom has been the first room and its made an enormous difference. I'm aimimg to do a room every few days as well as organise my work better. It would be wonderful to feel in control of my life generally not just my food. Thanks for the inspiration.

Welcome along for the ride Ella. It makes a huge difference to the sanity levels to be a bit more organised. Much as it totally pains me to say it. I WANT TO BE A FREE SPIRIT ! Unfortunately free spirits like me can rarely find their keys, paperwork or ironed clothes!

Doing well Rowan, impressed :party0011:Nice that you are able to enjoy your home rather than just worry about the clutter.

Didn't manage to do a great deal yesterday as I had a banging headache. Though Friday saw me vanquish one of my worst paperwork catch up tasks :banana dancer:. Two of my worst ones done while I have been off.

Today is a visiting day so nothing will be done today. Only breakfast dishes to do so happy with that.

Onwards ladies xx

Trust me my grandmother is rolling in her grave and laughing hysterically .. especially as her mantra to me as a child was "dont put it down put it buy". Born to clutter me :) lol

Have you had a look at the Fly lady website yet ? That woman is a GOD ! lol

Thanks clarabow that's fantastic. I've just signed up to her website. (ANYTHING TO PIT OFF STARTING TO CLEAN) oops - looks like I'm not such a new woman after all!

Lol ah but at least you were thinking about cleaning. She gets into ur head after a while and you start doing things like chucking out ur old make up :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've started the major clean up but it really is a long term job! I just need to make myself do a bit more each day - I van use the time when i would have beem eating -soooo much time LOL

Am going to get my kids involved tomorrow-they seem very keen-could be cos they want their mates to stay for a sleepover one day this week and I have said no way until the bedrooms are tidyer-it's almost like I have a master plan mwah ha ha !!!!

Good idea. My kitchen looks worse than when i started - I've been emptying the cupboards of all the out of date stuff - we've been dicing with death -but i haven't quitr got as far as putting the good stuff away again. Ah well there's always tomorrow (or the next day).

I love the idea of it being a housework club LOL. We should have member numbers in our sigs !

I could never keep up with the flylady, I found it too regimented whereas I want to keep it casual so it's not so much a chore iykwim?
I write lists of jobs to do on certain days but I never make it to day 2 ... what I think i'll start doing is everymorning write a TO DO list for that day.

It's my bin day wednesday so going to knuckle down and finish the kitchen over the next 2 days

... I'm also going to (and don't laugh lol) start buying matching scented cleaning stuff - like maybe lavendar wipes, lavendar air freshner, lavendar washing up liquid, lavendar soap powder for the tea towels (or some other scent!)... I'd love to be all posh like that :8855:

Back