de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Well you did a little more than me! I tidied kitchen/diner, tidied bathroom and bedroom...and went for a 40 min walk...then ....that was it! xx

You did well with that I think. I dont think I did more thatn 40 mins all together. lol

Mommy B she has a chapter on packing as well lol Quite a good one actually. We have to start somewhere :)

Clarabow said:
Mommy B she has a chapter on packing as well lol Quite a good one actually. We have to start somewhere :)

Could have done with that 6 wks ago, terrible to admit but still odds and sods in bottom of suitcase 4 weeks on :(

Start off with the website that's fab as well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

But have u shined ur sink ? Lol and what about those lace up shoes x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm so glad I came across this thread, my house is such a tip and it's always a nightmare to get clean if we have guests.. And god forbid anyone turns up unannounced! I have looked at the website and ordered the book today as well.

I've been putting off doing stuff for months as I didn't know where to start and doing a little bit everywhere didn't make a dent, however I thought 15 mins can't be too bad.. Started clearing our bedroom out and now hours later it is not only clear but spotless, I feel like a weights been lifted off my shoulders, I know it wasn't 15 mins but that then inspired me to keep going or else I never would have started if I knew it was going to take so long.

Well done HP. 15 mins is an awesome concept breaks the inertia.

Gem, did you get dressed ? Shoes optional lol

WEll today waiting for my bath to run I cleaned up the kitchen. Did the dishes, Shined the sink, wiped the counters.
One of my favorite hot spots is my kitchen table. Sometimes I win sometimes not lol

I also did two loads of washing and scrubbed the bath.

Bit at a time, but pleased with it x

Keep sparkling ladies xx

I got dressed Clara , i shined my sink..and like you my hotspot is also the kitchen table!! and today i won!

Its a hassle Isnt it HP, my mother in law is coming to stay next week, and although i love her to bits she is such a nag, not only about the house but the garden too! Im not looking forward to this next week getting it all up to her standards!
xx

Well done Gemma, just think though a blast of pain and then you will be so much happier. Then it is maintinence at 15 mins bursts.

I have friends comming to stay in August so that will be a great motivation. The spare room will need to be decluttered and made to look pretty.

Onwards to sparkledom xx

This is becomming a good obsession with me lol

So .. despite having no energy and feeling totally pants I have accomplished:-

1) two loads of washing dried ,,, not hung up though.
2) Dishes and shiney sink
3) A cleared garden after the dog ... you know what I mean.
4) The living room floor cleared.
5) Bin taken out.

So all in all not a bad day.

My hit list for tomorrow I hope to be the following:-

a) a start on my case notes any start .
b) throw five things from my wardrobe
c) de clutter enough to work in the computer room
d) put clothes away

Onwards unto the breach .. keep sparkling ladies xx

yay! well done :)

my big challenge is going to be having the kids home for the summer holidays :S
they are very bouncy boys and do all sorts, paper cutting an dplay doh and lego (oh theres no pain like stepping on a six-er!)

so i think i might set them the 15 minute timer! ;)
see how much they can get done if it's against the clock, tapping into their natural competitive streak! :D

I'm so excited as my book arrived today so as hubby is a late shift I have come to bed and about to start it.

For the last 3 days however I have made the bed (all be it 4pm today as I was an early and hubby was still in bed so did it when I got home.. Does that count lol?!), shined the sink, done all the washing up and put it away and done the sweep & swipe or whatever its called in the bathroom!

Usually after an Early I do nothing or go to sleep, this afternoon after finishing work and going shopping, I put it all away, put a load of washing on, put away all the dry stuff, prepared dinner, washed up, put that away and shined the sink.. I'm impressed with myself and that's without reading the book! Let's hope I can keep it up!

Back