de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Wow HP going good there girly. Little steps and don't burn out.

Today I did three lots of washing. Some still on the line.
De cluttered old videos and papers in the living room. Two big bags for the rubbish.
Took my duvets to the laundrette to be washed. (too big for the washer at home)
Tried to get the soap scum off my shower doors. Minimal success there so still working on that.
Trashed my computer room so it is now a clear space to work in. Will sort out the mess I made by throwing stuff into the other room tomorrow during my blitz.
Mopped and hoovered puter room floor.
Oh I forgot ... plumped up the couch, took cushions off and hoovered them and the floor. De cluttered windowsil. Now need to find somewhere to put the stuff that was on it lol

Pleased with that and cant say it took much more than an hour or so.

Oh went to the doctors and also ran a few errands.

Tomorrow's plan:-
Have a quick 15 mins in the kitchen.
Hang up clothes.
15 mins upstairs living room, place where I flung computer room clutter.
Go and have my feet done and see my mate :) Well you have to have rewards.

I do have a life honest, just one that badly needs sorting and decluttering.

Keep sparkling ladies xx

Clarabow how long have you been FLYing and are you out of CHAOS yet?!

You made me laugh when you said that you cleared one room and made the other room messy.. That's exactly what I do!

Getting all the limescale off shower screen is a nightmare, think I've tried everything, it does look better but still there.. If you find a solution let me know.

I can't believe it only took you an hour to do all that! It's amazing how quick we can do things when we put our minds to it, I tend to start doing something but then have a quick play on my phone, flick through a magazine I'd just unearthed when in fact the actual job doesn't take that long but used to seem to take all day

Been fluttering along for about a month. No where near out of chaos yet. I can create chaos better than I can fix it. Things have improved though and keep improving.

Still have a great love of procrastination lol not to mention reading :)

Limping on though. Any change is better than no change. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am hoping now that the decorating has just been finished, to get everything back into order over the next couple of days :).
Why, when you decorate only one room, is the rest of a house a tip ?:rolleyes:
I have just had 3 rooms of decorating tipness done.... A bit if normallity will be good :D

Hi...

This is so weird... I was just thinking (after our fabulous newly found fairy godmother cleaning lady had left) how happy having a clean and tidy home makes me feel... I know it is a complete indulgence but I am juggling a full-time job, a part-time (full-time) college course an untidy husband and a lot of travel!
So I decided on a cleaning lady just to come and do... I am soooooooooo happy and appreciative of her.
I still do the washing and ironing and cooking and a bit of a tidy up before she appears with her magic cleaning dust.

Before she started I had a MASSIVE sort out... HUGE wardrobe clean up, everything went to its rightful place, all of that horrid filiing was done and my in-tray dramatically reduced and so to did my feelings of being overwhelmed and not knowing where to start!

So now I have time to spend studying and also some time to think about me... and how I can do this dieting!

Lucylux

it does make you feel great doesn't it? i've noticed that my kids go to sleep better in a tidy room, they argue less and i'm sure i am les grupmy and it's because we don't have that 'white noise' feeling that come with having clutter or grime around you.
i always think when i can see the edges of a room i feel better! for years i didn't see my skirting boards because i had heaps of things/paperwork/books/toys!

Hi, this is what I have been doing too. There's been a great amount of black bags for the bin and stuff for charity, but I'm still living surrounded by my junk! I keep saying I am chucking my life out, as I kept xmas and birthday cards from 20 odd yearsa go, and have lugged all this rubbish round moving houses too! I hang onto things as I think it makes me feel safe.
What I am hoping to do is lose ALL the garbage in my life - off my body, out of my house ... have a nice front and back garden, get the house all finished ...... then I'll have to just find more things to obsess and worry about lol!
I just want some order and calm and organisation in my life.
I am a good starter but a terrible finisher though x

rowanx2 said:
Hi, this is what I have been doing too. There's been a great amount of black bags for the bin and stuff for charity, but I'm still living surrounded by my junk! I keep saying I am chucking my life out, as I kept xmas and birthday cards from 20 odd yearsa go, and have lugged all this rubbish round moving houses too! I hang onto things as I think it makes me feel safe.
What I am hoping to do is lose ALL the garbage in my life - off my body, out of my house ... have a nice front and back garden, get the house all finished ...... then I'll have to just find more things to obsess and worry about lol!
I just want some order and calm and organisation in my life.
I am a good starter but a terrible finisher though x

I could have written this myself! I too keep everything.. Really enjoying doing FLY lady as I feel I'm getting in control (just don't look in spare room or extension as haven't de cluttered those yet!) x

I've tried being a fly lady numerous times but can never keep up. I think my best bet is just being ruthless to start with and start with rooms containing just essentials , no hoarding.... I will let you know when I get to that point!:eek:
I'm really enjoying having a bit space in some rooms now though ... I had 3 buggies in the passage and was manouvering around them constantly going up the stairs, now down to one! (tbf 2 are now on the landing but it's a start :p) ... sigh one day xx

Now I read that as budgies ... not buggies. LOL

Today I shall be tackling the spare room as I have a friend coming to stay tomorrow. For spare room read dumping ground for all sorts of stuff that I haven't found a place for yet.

Wish me luck :)

Yes big fan of Clarabow, I wish I had her problem of never sitting still lol Loved her glamour, not to mention racy reputation.

Accomplished the majority of the spare bedroom. Have to make the bed and titivate the room. Relaxing with an episode of house.

Good luck with the post hoarding movement x

I love 30's Hollywood too, well 30's - 50's, never had any interest passed the golden era!

I'm on a kitchen mission today:

TO DO: clear table (sounds easy but its got dirty washing on and stuff that i dont know where else to put!) ... sort all cupboards and drawers ... sort fridge freezer ... sort cat food box ... clean everything ... tidy ...... BE RUTHLESS !!!

Done so far (much to my daughters dismay as she wants me to play with her all the time!)
cat food box ... bread bin (now contains lightbulbs and batteries!) ... fridge ... freezer

will update later to keep me motivated!

I'm so chuffed with myself and what I've done today! I must have filled around 8 black bags up and I'm not even finshed! I actually have drawer and cupboard space now!!!
I've: done chest of drawers and ontop... cat food box and trolley, the bread bin, bench 1 and 2, sink, done all the dishes and sorted under the sink cupboard, cooker, plastic unit and sorted out first aid kit!, space in corner and book shelf (have a shelf with nothing in now!), tv unit, top and inside, fridge freezer and got a heap of rubbish and junk out and gone! Feels good :D

Got left to do: under bench cupboard, bin, table, cupboards, ontop of cupboards, ontop of fridge, both windowsills, chair and floor... then can tidy, clean and vacuum and then starting with a clean slate and will make a cleaning routine up to follow :D hope it lasts thou lol, never has before!!!

I'm finding myself much more relaxed when the house is cleaner/tidier. I feel more at ease even though I'm not there yet. Think my house is the cleanest it's ever been!

Because I'd managed to keep the bathroom/kitchen/bedroom tidy for over a week, yesterday I managed to clean them really quickly where as normally I don't clean as I'm too busy decluttering.

The kitchen still needs to be properly cleaned, tops of cupboards, extractor fan etc but if you walked in it you'd think it was fine. Tempted to get someone in to clean the oven as it's absolutely filthy!

Happy cleaning/decluttering everyone! X

You deserve to get someone in for the oven, you have done really well with the other stuff.

I feel much better when the house is not in a state. Managed to make the spare room presentable. So chuffed.

Onwards to sparkledom x

Back from my hols ( now referred to as 2nd honeymoon) , been reading 'sink reflections' and am all fired up ready to go-just need to get the unpacking out of the way 1st-bt before I even start that I am off to shine my sink:D

( from reading how busy you lot have been it sounds like I have some catching up to do !!)

Mines not glistening yet as not up to the scrubbing stage, but at least I can actually see where to clean lol.

I've got tons of black bags sitting beside my bin as it's full, so I will have to use next doors and put two out this week!

I've done more tonight: ontop of fridge all sorted, cupboards done, chairs cleared of toys and crayons etc!
Will try and do a bit more tonight but it's going to be a 3 day job at least eek! (and thats not counting the understairs cupboard, double eek!) xx

Back