de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Thanks Minimel :)

I have actually had a purge of my makeup recently, as I had an eye infection. I kept my foundations, blushers and lip stuff, and threw out all my eyeliners and mascaras (NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) But saying that, I have got quite a few cheapo bits that my I can give to my daughter, she would have a rollicking time smearing her face with them :)

Talking of my daughter, she has actually trained herself without even being asked by me, I think her nans fastidiousness (sp?) has rubbed off on her. She will come downstairs in the morning, sort out the washing into colkours and put a load on!!!! She's 5!!!! Her nans house is perfect, even when lily is colouring in over there, she takes a felt-tip out the packet, uses it, puts the lid back on and returns it to the package. In this house, we are kl##lucky if the same felt-tipped pen gets used twice. The lid is left off, and it is dried out forever. I got posh faber-castelle ones last time, as well.

Unfortunately, I slept through my (insanely healthy) shopping delivery this morning, which also had my hair dye in it. So 'project ruth' didn't happen today. Project bedroom, is what is about to happen instead.

As you have probably already seen, my bedroom is head-hangingly awful. It's a dumping ground, and so bad that I haven't even slept in in for two months. I have new sheets and a duvet cover. I have new curtain poles. I have new floofy pillows. But I have no drive to do any of it. I go into my room to dry my hair and put on my makeup, and that's it (My clothes are kept elsewhere). I don't need ANYTHING else in this room. Although, the keen eyed ones amongst you can probably spot a mini trampoline, some weights, and a tummy cruncher machine within there. It's like playing 'wheres wally'. I'll give you a clue... She's standing behind the camera! lol. So I will leave those out. But everything else can be chucked, donated, filed away forever, or ebayed.

There is a really expensive £2000 designers guild rug under all that mess, which I won in a competition. It is ruined :( And I have hardly ever even seen it :(

Let Project Bedroom commence. You will note that the dressing table is tidy lol.

Thanks Minimel :)

I have actually had a purge of my makeup recently, as I had an eye infection. I kept my foundations, blushers and lip stuff, and threw out all my eyeliners and mascaras (NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) But saying that, I have got quite a few cheapo bits that my I can give to my daughter, she would have a rollicking time smearing her face with them :)

Talking of my daughter, she has actually trained herself without even being asked by me, I think her nans fastidiousness (sp?) has rubbed off on her. She will come downstairs in the morning, sort out the washing into colkours and put a load on!!!! She's 5!!!! Her nans house is perfect, even when lily is colouring in over there, she takes a felt-tip out the packet, uses it, puts the lid back on and returns it to the package. In this house, we are kl##lucky if the same felt-tipped pen gets used twice. The lid is left off, and it is dried out forever. I got posh faber-castelle ones last time, as well.

Unfortunately, I slept through my (insanely healthy) shopping delivery this morning, which also had my hair dye in it. So 'project ruth' didn't happen today. Project bedroom, is what is about to happen instead.

As you have probably already seen, my bedroom is head-hangingly awful. It's a dumping ground, and so bad that I haven't even slept in in for two months. I have new sheets and a duvet cover. I have new curtain poles. I have new floofy pillows. But I have no drive to do any of it. I go into my room to dry my hair and put on my makeup, and that's it (My clothes are kept elsewhere). I don't need ANYTHING else in this room. Although, the keen eyed ones amongst you can probably spot a mini trampoline, some weights, and a tummy cruncher machine within there. It's like playing 'wheres wally'. I'll give you a clue... She's standing behind the camera! lol. So I will leave those out. But everything else can be chucked, donated, filed away forever, or ebayed.

There is a really expensive £2000 designers guild rug under all that mess, which I won in a competition. It is ruined :( And I have hardly ever even seen it :(

Let Project Bedroom commence. You will note that the dressing table is tidy lol.

http://s944.photobucket.com/user/tuttifrutti0000/media/br1.png.html

You'll be so pleased when you have the room sorted and it can be your little sanctuary. What happens when you miss your delivery?

You'll be so pleased when you have the room sorted and it can be your little sanctuary. What happens when you miss your delivery?

Yus, I will indeed.

The reason I'm not sleeping in my room, is that the matress is squashed so much in certain places that it's like sleeping on a slope. So I just put away everything on my bed, and asked my bf to help me take the matress outside, and I put it next to the recycling bins... a bit naughty, but I just had this overwhelming urge to purge. I'll ring the council to come and get it tomorrow. I've just ordered a new matress off ebay, and will be ordering some curtains and wallpaper (and maybe bedside cabinets) as soon as I can find my tape-measure. I have three tape measures actually lol. All missing in this pit.

Hopefully when I have the house decorated how I want it, and all the huge amounts of excess Stuff is ebayed, it will be easier to keep tidy, and I will want to, because I'm proud of it.

I like what flylady said about making your home like a spa retreat... Describing the fluffy towels and crisp linen, scented candles... I want my home to be like that.

As well as chucking out my mattress, I also put my duvet in the bath and washed it. I was jumping on it to drain the water out and got a bit out of breath pulling it around, so it was a nice little workout too :)

Tomorrow my aim is to put 100 things on ebay, and package them all up ready to go. And take some stuff to the charity shop. Babysteps!

The trouble with me, is that I really don't want to carry on after the 15 minutes are up. But as long as I do that 15 minutes, I'm making progress! I aim for my bedroom to be a complete haven in two weeks, will be providing progress pictures lol.

I've only missed my delivery once before, they just give you your money back. Which is good!

Last edited:
Morning!

Yus, I will indeed.

The reason I'm not sleeping in my room, is that the matress is squashed so much in certain places that it's like sleeping on a slope. So I just put away everything on my bed, and asked my bf to help me take the matress outside, and I put it next to the recycling bins... a bit naughty, but I just had this overwhelming urge to purge. I'll ring the council to come and get it tomorrow. I've just ordered a new matress off ebay, and will be ordering some curtains and wallpaper (and maybe bedside cabinets) as soon as I can find my tape-measure. I have three tape measures actually lol. All missing in this pit.

Hopefully when I have the house decorated how I want it, and all the huge amounts of excess Stuff is ebayed, it will be easier to keep tidy, and I will want to, because I'm proud of it.

I like what flylady said about making your home like a spa retreat... Describing the fluffy towels and crisp linen, scented candles... I want my home to be like that.

As well as chucking out my mattress, I also put my duvet in the bath and washed it. I was jumping on it to drain the water out and got a bit out of breath pulling it around, so it was a nice little workout too :)

Tomorrow my aim is to put 100 things on ebay, and package them all up ready to go. And take some stuff to the charity shop. Babysteps!

The trouble with me, is that I really don't want to carry on after the 15 minutes are up. But as long as I do that 15 minutes, I'm making progress! I aim for my bedroom to be a complete haven in two weeks, will be providing progress pictures lol.

I've only missed my delivery once before, they just give you your money back. Which is good!

PMSL -- I got a great visual of you jumping on your duvet!

You are "on it like a bonnet" -- go you.

Baby steps -- how about organizing the eBay stuff and then doing it in groups of 10 lest you get overwhelmed. Plus are there "free listing" days? I've never sold on eBay (only bought) -- so feel free to ignore my suggestions.

I'm feeling a bit inspired by you -- I think I will go and work in this weeks' zone a bit. I've done very little other than unload/reload the dishwasher, unload the clothes washer, hang stuff in the airing cupboard and put stuff in the dryer. And fold a load.

I have loads of "hamster wheel" stuff -- stuff you do but get no where and have to do it again -- like sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, etc. and I should do that.

Technically, today is ERRAND DAY -- so, I WILL sort a few of those. I will. I will. I will. ;)

Afternoon!

I got woken at 4am then slept in for school so dd is at home today. Kids are going nuts! Dot com arrived and place in a mess. Sent the pineapple back as it was only fit for the bin! Put shopping all away.
Chopping lemon, lime and cucumber for the infused water and near took my finger off. Sporting a tatty teddy plaster now.

I have cleaned kitchen counters, loaded dishwasher, got laundry moving again and tidied/dusted living room. Downstairs looks ok except for mount washmore in the kitchen.

I made brunch for us all. Half of dinner in sc just need to make sw roasties and some sprouts later.

Doing ok today. Very sore back though.

I have gotten the kids bag packed for their sleepover at my friend's tonight.
The clothes are left out for today.
Dryer load folded, washer moved across and another load in washer.
Kitchen floor brushed.

In middle of that I also picked my sister's kids up from school.

OH is sleeping! Yep I'm the one who didn't sleep but he is the one sleeping. I have left him there. Maybe he'll be too awake to sleep tonight and I'll get to starfish in my bed, lol.

Oh forgot to mention how I realised last night that he left my empty crock pot (metal base) on warming for 2 days! I hope there's no damage cause it's new.

GB still to take DD to then bible club before the kids go to my friend's. Also need to squeeze dinner in there too.

Mama - bear x

I need a nap after reading that. Your cooker should be fine -- I wouldn't be chuffed about the wasted electricity. Bad C. That doesn't happen with my slow cooker as I unplugged it when I remove the crock. I try to put the base away in cupboard even when the crock is being washed. I have too much stuff on my counters as it is.

Phew Mamabear, that is a lot to do on no sleep! Your hubby has a cheek sleeping, how dare he? lol

Minimel... I think perhaps your right, as I'm not exactally getting off to the FLYing start I hoped too. I just thought the day 1-30 plan seemed just, well... not enough... Just too little, and too easy! I suppose it's about building up habit and routine more than anything though.

I did sort out the ebay stuff and count out 100 things, but my canera needs some new batteries, it goes through them so fast. I put a box of stuff that is fine, but not in perfect condition in a box on the front doorstep, and that's all been taken (the matress has gone as well). All the rubbish in my room has been bagged up, and there is a lot more than I care to admit!

I haven't done anything today, but I shall go upstair RIGHT NOW! And spend 15 minutes sorting out the two drawers of paperwork I have in my room.

Phew Mamabear, that is a lot to do on no sleep! Your hubby has a cheek sleeping, how dare he? lol

Minimel... I think perhaps your right, as I'm not exactally getting off to the FLYing start I hoped too. I just thought the day 1-30 plan seemed just, well... not enough... Just too little, and too easy! I suppose it's about building up habit and routine more than anything though.

I did sort out the ebay stuff and count out 100 things, but my canera needs some new batteries, it goes through them so fast. I put a box of stuff that is fine, but not in perfect condition in a box on the front doorstep, and that's all been taken (the matress has gone as well). All the rubbish in my room has been bagged up, and there is a lot more than I care to admit!

I haven't done anything today, but I shall go upstair RIGHT NOW! And spend 15 minutes sorting out the two drawers of paperwork I have in my room.

Well done. Once you feel more "settled" you can make a schedule.

For example: I shred paper on the 15th of every month.

Little things like that.

Wow, I am so far behind and so over whelmed, planning to make a start this weekend- I may even take before and after pics to remind myself how much I have achieved

100 things for eBay, wow! I've a few bits I want to try & sell (for a year now) & haven't got round to it. I should probs just take it to the charity shop, at least then it would be out of the house!

Bedroom mostly done, haven't hoovered yet, but was busy hoovering up a mass of hay & fur downstairs (rabbit) & cleaning the accidentally traipsed in dog poo off the hall & stair carpet. I was dying for a wee - didn't take shoes off. Glad it was me though, if it'd been hub I'd have probably most unfairly gone mental at him!!

Wang to sort out clothes this week, just so much I hang onto but don't wear....oh my!!

100 things for eBay, wow! I've a few bits I want to try & sell (for a year now) & haven't got round to it. I should probs just take it to the charity shop, at least then it would be out of the house!

Bedroom mostly done, haven't hoovered yet, but was busy hoovering up a mass of hay & fur downstairs (rabbit) & cleaning the accidentally traipsed in dog poo off the hall & stair carpet. I was dying for a wee - didn't take shoes off. Glad it was me though, if it'd been hub I'd have probably most unfairly gone mental at him!!

Wang to sort out clothes this week, just so much I hang onto but don't wear....oh my!!

Well done!

Well done!

Thank you :D Were you detailed cleaning your bedroom this week??

Bloody hell, ladies, you've made me do the undoable. I have a lot of uni work to catch up with.... One particular bit was just wrong and despite my best efforts, I couldn't find the way to put it right again. It was just one page. I have 50 more pages to redo after it. But not being able to sort that one little page out gave me this massive mental block. It has been a week now since I have done anything on it. So, I thought 15 MINUTES!!! Set a timer, it isn't that hard. And ta-da, at 02:38 in the morning, it is done, and I feel like I can get on and do the rest of it now. Which shouldn't be a problem. Not a problem like that page, anyway :)

Meant to say thanks for the tip on assignment working!! I had a conclusion to write for a piece due Friday. So I set a timer & then another for 30 mins & it was pretty much done. It meant I couldn't diverge from the task!!

ALSO I must say, I find it hard to get motivated / stay on top of the tasks, so I've no idea how you ladies do & try & sort kids rooms too!

Afternoon!

Not flying the way I'd prefer -- but I'm going to keep baby stepping!

Made myself do a 27 item Boogie this morning and even dropped it off at the thrift store! Had my brows waxed and tinted and my technician wants the night stands I've been trying to give away, I'll be taking those up later -- when DH is back with the larger car -- and put those in her car and drop off the donations in the boot of the bigger car at the thrift store. Then -- I hope -- to get DD to work in her room with me, some more. Loads to do -- but, little by little....

Ordered new pillows today -- I've got some returns for the base shop, so I'll take those back and pick up four new pillow protectors. When the new pillows arrive I will dispose of the four worst pillows. Balance. I bought three new shirts recently: I've already put 1 shirt into a fabric recycling bag, and I plan to go through my shirts a get rid of at least 2 more.

Here's the FLYLADY's schedule (I need to spend a lot Ike sorting my "storage room" and dining room -- so, I'll not be following 100%).

Here are the rest of the zones for this month:

February 1 Zone 1 Entrance, Front Porch, Dining Room
February 2 * - 8 Zone 2 Kitchen
February 9 - * 15 Zone 3 Main Bathroom and another room
February 15 - * 22 Zone 4 Master Bedroom
February 23 - 28 Zone 5 Living room.

They will be the same for March:
March 1 Zone 1 Entrance, Front porch, Dining room
March 2 -* 8 Zone 2 Kitchen
March 9 - 15 Zone 3 Main Bathroom and another room
March 15 - 22 Zone 4 Master Bedroom
March 23 - 28 Zone 5 Living room.

Playing catch up due to medical appointments -- so, dishes, laundry, family bath and en suite bath so far.

Today's FlyLady:

image-2322718646.jpg

I'm going to soak in a bath as I read a book, then watch a film with my DH this evening.

I like the Sunday challenges!!! I went for a nice very bracing horizontal hail on & off walk with, then we treated ourselves to tea, scones & trivial pursuit - perfect Sunday!

Vacuum downstairs common areas. Cleaned kitchen floor, table and chairs. Stripped beds, washed sheets - one bed remade, other will have same sheets put back on it. Downstairs loo cleaned -- the other two baths were done yesterday.

Laundry worked on -- dishes sorted -- exercise in progress. Whew!

image-2225856641.jpg

Afternoon!

image-3706027333.jpg

I really need to clean the fish tank (amongst other things).

This month's Habit is: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day

Feb. 10 -- Today is Monday: Weekly Home Blessing Hour

This week we are in Zone 3: The Bathroom and One Extra Room

Zone 3: Mission # 1 Monday

Your mission for today in the bathroom is to wipe down around the base and the back of the toilet. This is an area that we all seem to forget about until we notice it on day and it seems too far gone to do anything about it! Grab a rag and some general purpose cleaner and wipe down the toilet from the bowl downward, the floor around the base and behind base. This is a quick and easy mission to do!

For the kids room:
Go into the room with a small trash bag, empty the trash can in the room and get rid of anything that needs to be thrown away. Old school papers that don't need saving, candy or gum wrappers, broken pens or pencils, things that are small and taking up precious space that is truly trash. Don't make this too hard! Just the obvious things that need to be thrown away, don't throw open the drawers and closets. Just the obvious trash. This is also a great opportunity to teach your children to use the recycle bins for any paper trash.

No kids? Do the same mission in any room of your choice!

BabySteps

Hi all

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I used to be organised and my house was immaculate until I had a baby six and a half weeks ago. The house is still clean, I'm just finding it hard to get organised with a newborn, which is more important to me now than ever. I'm off work until January so want to get the house in a proper working order so things are easier for us all. OH is good at cleaning but it's never to my standards ;) We're also getting married in just short of three weeks so we've got a lot of wedding things taking up space in the spare bedroom. Hoping to get bits organised in quick bursts once Cole, my little boy, sleeps. That's the plan, anyway.

Sarah x

Back