de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Liking the plan Mommy B, bribery and corruption at such an early age is good to introduce them to the realities of the world lol

Ella ... fly lady tip never pull out more than you can put away in an hour.. Oops ! also dont do too much at once or you will crash and burn.

Rowan .... dont laugh but I already have a "theme" mine is citrus as I dont like lavender. Bleach, washing up liquid and bathroom cleaner. The washing powder is lovely flowery stuff. How sad am I !

In my dreams would love to be one of those 1940's house wives looking immaculate with a perfect Cath Kidston shabby chic house. Ah well I have the lipstick and the pink kitchen accessories... you have to start somewhere. Maybe if I didn't work full time!

Onwards to sparkledom ladies lol x

I love writing lists whereas I don't love cleaning etc. so i like the daily list idea - puts pff the evil minute when i should start my chores! Off to writey list then......

I love the idea of it being a housework club LOL. We should have member numbers in our sigs !

Oh lets do it !!
I could never keep up with the flylady, I found it too regimented whereas I want to keep it casual so it's not so much a chore iykwim?
I know exactly what you mean, I dont follow it to the letter either but use alot of her techniques just in my own way- I think in the book she even says this is ok,it's got to fit your life or you wont keep it up

I write lists of jobs to do on certain days but I never make it to day 2 ... what I think i'll start doing is everymorning write a TO DO list for that day.

Good idea- I have been known to make a list of the lists I need to write-how sad is that

It's my bin day wednesday so going to knuckle down and finish the kitchen over the next 2 days

... I'm also going to (and don't laugh lol) start buying matching scented cleaning stuff - like maybe lavendar wipes, lavendar air freshner, lavendar washing up liquid, lavendar soap powder for the tea towels (or some other scent!)... I'd love to be all posh like that :8855:

Liking the plan Mommy B, bribery and corruption at such an early age is good to introduce them to the realities of the world lol
Well they arent that young (7 an 11) but they've had it easy up to now LOL

Ella ... fly lady tip never pull out more than you can put away in an hour.. Oops ! also dont do too much at once or you will crash and burn.
There's always a stage where it looks worse before it gets better-I just keep telling myself that

Rowan .... dont laugh but I already have a "theme" mine is citrus as I dont like lavender. Bleach, washing up liquid and bathroom cleaner. The washing powder is lovely flowery stuff. How sad am I !
Never thought of doing this but I might have to now

In my dreams would love to be one of those 1940's house wives looking immaculate with a perfect Cath Kidston shabby chic house. Ah well I have the lipstick and the pink kitchen accessories... you have to start somewhere. Maybe if I didn't work full time!
Thats me too in my imagination !!

Onwards to sparkledom ladies lol x

I love writing lists whereas I don't love cleaning etc. so i like the daily list idea - puts pff the evil minute when i should start my chores! Off to writey list then......

me too !! happy listing !!

Morning folks, some great ideas there, I love the idea of the cleaning club-any thoughts on just how we could do it ? I do see us ending up spending more time on the club than the cleaning LOL

Ok then to sparkledom and beyond !!!

Well done Ella x lovely result

Quite like the idea of a housework club lol Cant joint the Fly lady posting site, too much aggravation. Posting on this thread is working quite well for me, at least I dont sound so evangelical to my friends.

Any ideas on how to move it forward though would be great! So lets open the floor .....

Onwards to sparkledom ladies xx oh and any gents that may be lurking ( not to be sexist )

I like the stuff on Fly lady about routines and what are yours?

Also the pamper threads and grooming routines:- its not all about sparkling house we need to sparkle as well.

I think a lot of this stuff is linked with weight loss as after all it is not about the food its the dodgy thinking and stress that goes on behind it.

Hi

Have really enjoyed reading this thread!

I am a bit of a hoarder I'm afraid, but working hard to sort it out!

Welcome to the madhouse Darcy lol and sign up to clutterer's and hoarder's rehab :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Is that 5 o'clock a week on Tuesday? :D

Well so far so good, well if emptying all the drawers and wardrobes and putting them in the 2 spare rooms counts? Method in my madness is if I start with a clean slate, chucking as I go I may actually get somewhere!?!?!?

Not sure if Mr ST will agree when he gets back lol x

Lovely screen name Susie Tuesday. Very ambitious start with you. More than I would consider attempting but I do see your logic :) I tend to upturn things and then start with an empty space.

Well my little fly lady flutterings are starting to pay off. Friend came over for dinner and I was able to sit in a clean kitchen, rustle up dinner in less than 20 mins and have flowers on the table. All i did this morning was a quick hoover and empty the rubbish, wipe the counters. Took less than 30 mins. Very pleased with myself I must say. lol Usually it would have taken two days to straighten up.

Was chuffed as well as she last came over when I was in the latter stages of the renovation and so now can see it as a home and not a building site. She commented on how lovely it was looking and how envious she was of the house. Trust me it is no where near as lovely as hers, she has a bit of OCD going on and loves to decorate. The upside is though she is going to help me renovate some furniture in a bit of a saturday morning diy club. I help motivate her with her weight loss she helps motivate me with my clutter. WIN WIN situation there. RESULT!

Hope all is well out there you little sparklers xx

ST- I too see your logic, sadly no spare room here . Good luck with your sorting !

Clara-that's lovely with your friend, a real win/win situation

For my part I made a start on our bedroom yesterday,which was by far the worst room in the house, sorted out the book shelves and dressing table and it has made a huge difference-more on the cards for later. Took some 'before' pictures but wether I have the guts to post them or not we shall have to see !!

Had some more thorts on our 'club' we could post our daily plans and schedules-maybe inspire each other, and also we could have a before and after pictures page ?

What a great idea, didn't think about a before pic.

Def will take a pick of spare room where a dumped it all yesterday, thats if I can get in the door :-D x

bedroom is coming along nicely,still a way to go but am already shocked at how big it seems now without some of the clutter ( or piles of cr@p as we called it )

Wait till you wake up in the morn Hun you'll walk about with a big grin on your face as you realise all over again, or is that just me!?!?!? lol x

Back